how will it end?

mr leigh

Aug 16, 2010
So everyones going on saying the world will end and theres endless movies from zombie outbreak to a being nuked or a masive astroid hitting us to god finaly having enough and smiting us all and im sure theres countless others but what i want to know is how you THINK the end will happen but NOT what you want to happen and if you would survive and how would you live after the apparent end.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Well way to take the fun out of this...

My guess would be asteroid since there's proof that there's one barreling in our direction, and if that one misses, depending on how the earth's gravitational pull influences it, it will have another go and try again.

I DID NOT APPROVE OF THIS SECOND TRY SCIENCE! :mad:

EDIT: Or a total financial collapse, and then everything snowballing from there. FUN! :D

Jarek Mace

Jun 8, 2009
When mankind refuses to use more than one comma or full stop ('period' for Americans). The stress of reading such abominations will kill us all.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
With the specific exception of an extinction level event or cosmic disaster so great as to wipe life clean off the planet at the speed of it's arrival, I'd expect any theoretical 'end to the mankind' to be more of a process than an event.

So... "Stubbornly and protracted"?

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Jarek Mace said:
When mankind refuses to use more than one comma or full stop ('period' for Americans). The stress of reading such abominations will kill us all.
Glad someone else noticed. Of course, it is possible the OP isn't English, so we shouldn't be too hasty to burn him at the stake :)

OT: I would guess that it will either be a giant financial crash, or something like a solar flare or a meteor. They seem the most likely.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
it will be a mixture of what happens in I, Robot and The Matrix...I watch too many films

mr leigh

Aug 16, 2010
Jarek Mace said:
Maybe im just a moron and dont understand the finer points of commas and full stops or maybe this is how thw end will happen and i am the first attack wave.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
I'm not sure of the probability but black hole, or maybe sun-flare. Or, world eating Dragon. >_>

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
I like to think that its a sort of cycle, where a massive meteor or something hits the earths, all life goes extinct and the dinosaurs come back and do dinosaur stuff for millions of years and then the next meteor comes and we start all over again.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I reckon it'll be something about the balance of population vs resources tipping and the ensuing wars as each nation tries to keep its people alive. It'll either be the point where we kill each other for our tins of baked beans or the point where we just have to stop having so many kids. Seeing as people are much less likely to stop fighting than they are to stop banging...

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
In the vast future, when the sun explodes. Yeah, at that point, humanity will be LONG gone. But there is still other species on this big 'ol rock we call Earth and they'll probably outlast us by a long shot.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Global warming, the earth will get so hot that our eyes melt and our organs boil out of our eye sockets "like s a science fair volcano."

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Some scientist doing something he shouldn't be doing. What exactly doesn't matter, but I firmly believe our unending quest to understand the universe will end it.

khiliani

May 27, 2010
the world will end in 6 or so billion years when the sun expands and consumes it.

though i guess other stuff could wipe out the human world before then

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Polaris19 said:
Some scientist doing something he shouldn't be doing. What exactly doesn't matter, but I firmly believe our unending quest to understand the universe will end it.
Yeah Im picturing it now. The discovery of perpetual energy....in explosion form.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Assuming we make it to the point where we have some sort of 'asteroid bunkers' than a combination of social deterioration, poor resource management and overpopulation will most likely drive us into extinction. Happy thoughts. :D

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
I don't know how it'll end, but I know it'll begin with Them? Gah, no, I take that back! DO NOT THINK ABOUT THE EVENT!

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
"The human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear."
If you're into Lovecraft.
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
It will end with a wimper, not a bang.
And there will be naught but the Call of Clarion.

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Global Thermonuclear War, global pollution bad enough to inhibit breeding a la Children of Men, or Sol going supernova.

I don't see much else being sufficient to completely wipe humanity from every corner of the globe (Yes, I did that on purpose).

That said, I think refusal to acknowledge global problems (land over-development, overpopulation, resource use, climate change, pollution, etc.) much less do anything about them, will lead to wars that will massively reduce global population.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Collision with the Andromeda Galaxy will eventually end it all. That's a pretty amazing thought really. I mean you often think of extinction-level events like asteroids or even the sun turning into a red giant and burning out. But a whole galaxy is approaching us at just over 100 kilometres per second and even then given the unimaginably huge distance of space it still means it'll take 4.5 billion years to get here. Imagine, as unlikely as it seems, if humans were to last so long as to see and/or experience it. Even if we gained the technology for interplanetary travel or even inter-stellar travel we'd still most likely be majorly fucked on an indescribable scale.

Space is pretty neat.