How will your name live on?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
There will be a leaf by my name on Ancestry.com. It will read, "He died as he lived, unbeknownst to anyone"

PyromaniacLVI

Jun 4, 2012
Odds are, it wont.

My life like many is just one as another cog in the machine.

Sorry if this depresses anyone but honestly unless something extraordinary happens, my life like most of the rest of the masses will only leave limited effects and when my loved ones and those I have effected have passed on me and anything I have done will be lost to the sands of time.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
Every living person on the planet will know my name.
All 1000-2000 of them that's left.

I'll be the evil maniac that decimated the world's ecosystem and threw the remainder of the human race back into the stone ages.

And there's nothing your precious Austin Powers can do about it.

That is unless, of course, the world pays me a ... hefty ransom.
For your lives, I demand no less than one billion, gajillion, fifillion Yen.

Muahahahhaaaaaaa!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well I better do some epic adventure stuff so that my tales of my epicness will be pass on to my relatives after I passed away.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
I used to work as a reviews editor for a local videogame website based around Playstation platforms. There are quite a few articles published that have my name in them.

Also, I tend to sign some of my drawings.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
When I enslave the world and have a mountain carved into a giant statue of me, of course.

In all seriousness, it probably won't, except for maybe kids.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
It won't.

But hey, they say you only really die when no one is left to remember you!
Lucky for me that most of my entire family is older than me...

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I will get myself killed in an extraordinarily stupid way, and my legacy will live on with parent's telling their children "Don't do that, somebody died doing that once!"

I'll also get a spot on that "1000 ways to die" show

cennsor

Mar 1, 2012
mine will at least be remembered by friends and family (and possibly acquaintances too), owing to its being very, very uncommon. to the point no one else on earth shares it, actually..

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
if i were to croak right now, my name will live on in an alpha of my game, that i put on indieDB recently... though i haven't had too many hits on it yet :/

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
At this point it probably won't. Although those old Nintendo comics used to publish letters that the fans would write them in the back and I wrote one to them once when I was 9, but I have no idea if it ever got published though. However if it did I suppose my name will live on in some comic nut's comic collection.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Depends.

If I go into the Civil Service, my name will be forgotten in seconds, unless I get blamed for an MP making a shitty decision.

If I go into the military I will either remain nameless or live on as a name on some war memorial somewhere, as a brief image on a TV broadcast.

If I go into politics? Hopefully I will be remembered for doing the right thing, whatever the right thing might happen to be.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
My (really early, really crappy) games have made it onto the demo disk of a Finnish gaming magazine, so I guess they'll live on.

My most recent projects, I hope to finish, release, and distribute - at the least they'll probably be reviewed somewhere.

So, I might make it big. Then again, maybe not. Maybe I need to get around to carving my name in a stone obelisk somewhere. :D

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
I... post on the internet... under a fake name?

Oh, my initials are carved into a concrete slab...

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
The_Lost_King said:
It won't. Almost no-one gets remembered. Frankly people only remember about 5 presidents out of the 51 there are. None of the celebrities will be remembered, so how will an average joe like me be remembered?
Barely anyone is remembered much. However, I would still like to think that, for example, say I contributed some code to Ubuntu, and sign it (In a comment or variable or something). Now then, a few hundred years in the future, someone will flick through the ancient copies of Linux from ages past in the huge archeo-servers of a future e-museum. They may delve into the source code for some purpose. And they may just see my contributed code and wonder, even if for a fraction of a second, who that person was.

Its the easiest way to achieve immortality.