How "with it" are you?

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
I have so many accounts on everything I don't even know.

Went in to sign up for the Tribes: Ascend Beta today, turns out I had an account and had the beta key laying around in my email for a month. So.. I'm "with it", I just don't keep up I guess.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
I never use Facebook, but that doesn't stop my mother from using my profile to boost in FarmVille and YoVille.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
I know my way around technology, but I don't have a Twitter and I never use my Facebook. Don't get me wrong, if I wanted to, I COULD figure them out and use 'em, but personally, I don't wanna. Why? I'unno. Too lazy, I guess.

Also, this thread's asking us if we're "with it". I can't believe nobody's done this joke yet, but here goes...

...yeah, that was the best quality one I could find. Deal with it.

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
omega 616 said:
Due to the engineer in me, everything in my flat is wired. Wireless just means another thing to go wrong, plus there is a small delay between actions.
This. I just bought a new PC with a wireless keyboard and I'm already figuring out how to go around its major flaws at recognizing what i want to type. I have to place it in the very edge of my desk, otherwise it will go completely crazy and delay about 5 seconds every 5th key I press. Except for console' controls, I kinda hate everything wireless, since it seems to never work out the way I intended it to do.

PS: I have a Facebook, email in gmail and hotmail. I guess that's it, and I'm fine with that.

RussetRanger

Jan 31, 2010
No Facebook (or MySpace)
No Twitter
Have a Skype (but I barely use it)
Have a Smartphone (which I regret getting)

Not very "with it".

cyber95

Feb 28, 2008
I am permanently attached to tumblr.
I have facebook and twitter but I don't use them, really, except Facebook sometimes when I need to send somebody a message.

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
I don't have facebook or twitter, and I'm not planning to get either, no matter how much people bug me to do so. It's much easier to talk to friends with MSN or Skype. I have an iphone, but the actual phone part is seldom used. I guess I'm more with out it.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Seems I'm in the minority. I've got a G+, a facebook and a Twitter, and am rather active on all of em'.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
MammothBlade said:
The use of Facebook and Twitter don't make you somehow more technologically adept
At what point did I say that this was or wasn't the case? The thing is most people are on one or both, so being with it would include social networking sites.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Clueless. I get most of my info from this site to be honest.
Never been intrested in getting either Facebook or Twitter.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
THESE KIDS NOWADAYS! TREADING ON MY LAWN! ETC, ETC, ETC.

I do have a facebook profile, but I only use it on the occasion, this site is as social as I get really.

However I'm not a techno-tard, I do know how to use technology for the most part.

EDIT: By the way OP, I fucking love your avatar, it does make me giggle X)

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Eh, no Facebook, no Twitter, nothing; VERY rarely use skype or Teamspeak. I've got no cellphone. I had a standard "cool" homepage... like 8 years back, where i published my own Flash-Cartoons (Which were terribad *g*)

So i am not connected. Googling my own name will find a few short stories and Pen & Paper Role playing games i wrote, and a tiny mentioning of a school i used to go to. Googling my Username will find mostly just forum threads (also a german gay sport movie... i happen to share the name with - mine is older)

Funny thing: My current job is providing technical support for a german ISP. Also i studied computer sciences. I just don't like to have my name and loads of data about me on the Internet.

Minimize exposure.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I've summarily rejected most new trends in communications and entertainment technology. I'm still a tech-head, I can puzzle out how to work most anything (though I hate all touch-screens with the burning fire of a thousand suns), and I can still build computers and repair electronics... most recently a late-model washing machine with a fried control board...

But am I "with it"? No. Deleted my Facebook account when I started being stalked by some people I never wanted to see again from high school, never was interested in a Twitter account, despise "smart" phones with their ridiculously short battery life and buggy OSes (not to mention the aforementioned hated input device). Still don't trust wireless networking very far, though I use it for my laptop, speaking of my laptop, it's my smallest portable music player... I can't be distracted by music in my line of work.

Hm... what else? Oh yeah, I prefer to have hard copies of my games. What can I say, I'm kind of a bitter old man at 31. Damn kids with their easily breakable gadgets that have incredibly limited input options...

FatalFox

Jan 18, 2012
I chat with friends, and update progress on different projects on facebook, and I hang with my gaming websites and when the newest episode of a certain cartoon comes up (guess which) on twitter. I'm up to date with most gaming sites I follow, that's basically it for social network over the browser for me.

[edit:]
oh, and I also have an iphone-4 where I have the facebook app and twitter app to follow up on things on the go, it's a simple way to do it instead of checking all my gaming websites constantly, and chatting on the go too, with people overseas.
In other words, my dataroaming internet service have paid off well

[edit2:]
As far as technological adaptive goes I can say I'm at a fair level, I can model and texture in 3ds max and lightly program things into unreal development kit (still studying the subjects).
I am building my first computer next month, and find the tutorial videos surprisingly easy to follow, I can say I'm pretty technologically adept even though I need to fiddle with some things to get them working.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I'm completely out of it.

I've yet to use a cell phone in my life. I don't know how to post an avatar on this site, a video, an image, or do that hidden text thing.

I don't follow the news because whenever I try to it's constantly about death and bloodshed.

I've used facebook casually, but no other social network tool like twitter.

I don't give in to new technology with exception of gaming consoles. I still don't own a blue ray movie despite having a PS3 for years now. I've no plans to ever get anything 3D or Blue Ray unless it simply becomes the only option (I prefer DVD's as they are much cheaper).

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
I've got a FaceBook, which I never use, a mobile, which I lost for 2 months without notcing and an iPod Nano my dad got for free in a mobile phone contract deal.

My friends think I am the most backwards person alive!