How would / do you fight?

nate30030

Nov 21, 2008
Man this thread sounds nerdy, but damn my instinctal wimpyness. I'm not exactly a wimp it's just I can't really bring myself to hurt somebody if they really didn't do anything wrong that's why I go with mage, not warlock (siths are an exception because light side powers just annoy me on video games). So if they provoke me enough I can think them to death! mwahaha! Or just hit them in the head with a bat, whicever is more convienient.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
I don't believe in fighting. Fighting implies that my enemies have time to hit back. Chivalry has no place in war

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I just sort of throw my fists around in front of me, ignoring any hits my opponent get in. It seems like it would work well.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I guess I'd be quasi-sci-fi, and my abilities would entail becoming and manipulating shadows. Yeah, it's not exactly unfamiliar territory, but how many times has "superhuman strength" been used?

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
when i fight, i am a sneaky trick using bastard, but still strong enough to punch.
i like magic....

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znHR2i27X4I
That would indeed be completely and utterly awesome.

I would fight dirty and extremely nasty. I like to be a gentlemen, but when it's life or death I really really really pick life.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
I like all of the genres in equal measure for different things, so I honestly can't answer that. Class-wise, I usually pick some kind of monk. IRL, I've got a few different stages of conflict that determine my fighting style.

If it's something I could care less about, I use the aikido I remember. Pin them down, make them submit, all is well. Throw in a final punch for good measure if they were particularly annoying.

If it's a more personal fight, I start to go for more of a boxing route, though I honestly don't know a thing about it. Works well enough, and they get a few souvenirs in the way of bruises and occasional broken ribs.

Then we get to where all bets are off. I'm pointing once again to my nickname. It's Bear. Bear, because it fits my appearance and personality, because I'm about as lazy/narcoleptic as one, and because though I'm fairly imperturbable, you really, really don't want to piss me off. When the gloves are well and truly thrown, I go berserk. I charge, I tackle, I swing full force. I think I even bit once or twice. I've never killed anyone (thank gods), but if I had/wanted to and I was at this point, I think I easily could.

Though if I could perfect an art, it would be drunken boxing. It looks kick ass.

Excelcior

Aug 10, 2008
Raining down fireballs or meteors, and picking off any survivors with an pistol and a rapier. Because rapier = sexy.

And for those who don't know, rapiers =/= those nancy aluminium swords used in modern fencing, like foils and epees. those are silly. Real men use rapiers. Or claymores. I'd pack rapiers though.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Considering my armies in RTS mostly consist of ranged units and I prefer playing long-ranged whenever I'm storming through an FPS, I'd say ranged weaponry it is.
After all, why bother with melee troops when the enemies are dead long before they're in range?
As to the time-period, I enjoy lots of scenarios. Typical SciFi is probably my favorite, though I also love Steampunk and like Medieval Times/Fantasy when there are crossbows available.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
Shotokan karate, Japanese ju-jitsu, kickboxing, kobudo bojutsu, and self-styled kenjutsu.

I just moved, so I need to find another dojo. I would prefer to learn either battojutsu, iaido, or some form of Kung Fu.

My personal style is very direct. I overpower my opponents and go for crippling/deadly strikes if I can get away with it, since I want to end the fight quickly.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I fight freestyle, i dont do that kung fu stuff, usually just throw some punches to the stomach and face, then go wrestling style, like piledrivers and elbow drops

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Drunken master style with a colt. I would probably end up shooting myself though.