How would Dr Octopus' arms change your life?

Feb 28, 2008
If you were given the four telepathically controlled, metal arms that Dr Octopus has, how would they change your life? Would you take up a life of crime? Become a great basketball player? Take up hiking? Or would you give them back, would they get in the way of certain things?

Me? I could finally read books while drinking and eating... not the most inspiring change I must admit.

For the specifications of the arms, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Octopus#Harnesses

hashtag

Oct 30, 2011
I was going to say wank and type at the same time, but those hands look fucking scary! On a serious note, boring stuff. I'd probably just do homework and, I don't know, make tea?

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Cook and read at the same time, finally be able to carry everything when I go see the parents for a bit, have fun climbing up buildings...

Oh, and attempt to find some way to loop the A.I of the arms into my own brain, thus increasing my intelligence noticeably. I see no way that could go horribly, horribly wrong.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Well, I wouldn't be able to sleep belly up. That's a change.

Or drive. I'd have to invent some kind of seat.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Work would be so much easier...I work in a Cinema, so being able to hold many things at once is a huge bonus...

Plus on days off i wouldn't need to get out of bed...

My life would be set!

binnsyboy said:
Oh, the sheer amount of false shoulder taps...
And this...

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Multitasking on a whole new level. :0

I use my normal hands for typing and stuff (those arms wouldnt be good at that) and my mechanical arms can get my drink and snacks!

Yeah I'm just as boring as the OP. Alternatively, if I can walk with them, it'd make going to the store a lot more fun. Wheeee! :D

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I'd finally feel safe walking home at night. But I'd also be lonely and miserable because people would fear me.

Yugeky20

Sep 19, 2011
If I had Dr Oct's arms I'd:
Start a one man band.
Cook.
Jump houses.
Throw a tennis ball really far.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
hashtag said:
I was going to say wank and type at the same time, but those hands look fucking scary! On a serious note, boring stuff. I'd probably just do homework and, I don't know, make tea?
Let your hands Bash the Bishop and your robotic hands type?

Simples! :p

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
Didn't those arms end up sending him insane or something?

I guess I could use them to masturb... Uh, pulverise tramps I pass on the stree... Uh, smoke four bongs at onc...

Actually, I don't think they'd work very well with my mentality.

rmb073

Nov 14, 2011
I read that too quickly and thought you were talking about Dr. Octogonapus. Very large difference, but same arms.

Anyways, hmm. Maybe... climb a tree? They weren't really that helpful.

Feb 28, 2008
BGH122 said:
Didn't those arms end up sending him insane or something?
In the Spider-man 2 film they do, yeah. But he's pretty emotionally unstable already after the experiment ends up killing his wife, so... perhaps they do? But he does gain unlimited power... Swings and roundabouts.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-
I would be able to carry several shopping bag with ease.

Playing on my DS AND surfing on the net at the same time!

Cutting up the vegs while stiring the pan at the same time.

Multiplayer (like Super Smash Bros) by myself? Of are the arms not that sentient to use the controller?

Toss people (chavs) away as if they were like trash cans (like when he did that to the guards during the bank scene in the film).

Lastly I can pick up stuff without getting out of my sea (since the arms are far more longer than my regular human arms).

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I could finally fap without having to stop to use the mouse! I would also be able to play skyrim, get drinks and maybe get some food at the same time!

P.S Also, admit it people, you would all use them one time to masturbate whilst doing something else. Dont say you wouldn't :p