How would you feel if you got robbed?

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Ive been mugged for a tenner. I was on my bike and had my phone clearly visible (headphones) so when my handlebars were grabbed i was scared as shit. I couldnt even run because once someone is blocking your front wheel and holding the bars you really cant do anything at all without either losing the bike or your life. I managed to hand over a tenner and when he moved to take it i got away. Im just happy i kept my bike and my phone. Worth way over 500 pounds together. So a tenner by comparison is no real loss.

I felt kinda shitty. It was really crap to be so powerless. I couldnt fight, or run or dismount or do anything but sacrifice some money to escape. Bribe my way to freedom yay...

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I've only been robbed of about £40 cash from my wallet, which I purposefully hid just in case, but I was absolutely furious. It was my mum's partner's son who took it to fund his drug habit. I locked him out of the house because I knew if he came back inside I'd probably have snapped his thieving little bastard neck. I got my money back in the end, though, and after one thing lead to another he had a 3 year stay at Her Majesty's pleasure and never came back.

Scott Rothman

Feb 2, 2012
I was in Baltimore and fortunately I have only been robbed once. It was a terrifying experience that I wish upon no one.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'v never been mugged or had my house robbed before. I'm really good about locking up and spent most of my life in areas where the biggest and most prominent felonies were sex offenses (gross, old white guys). Back in college we locked up too, but I never really gave it much thought. I mean, who mugs college kids? They're broke!

PeterMerkin69

Dec 2, 2012
I caught a burglar breaking into my garage once. My dog was barking his little doggy brain out at approximately 8-9pm on cold, dark winter's night, and thinking that it was a coyote or raccoon or something, I went to investigate. I turned the corner and was surprised to see a lanky tweaker with a screwdriver and a broken pocket knife trying to pry the window open. Needless to say, we were both a little surprised. He actually took a few steps towards me but I guess he thought better of it when he saw my hand in my pocket. I started talking to him, I suavely asked him what he was doing, who he was, and listened to his lies(his name was John Smith and he was looking for a warm place to stay because his wife kicked him out). Eventually I had no choice but to let him go because I didn't have a cellphone on me and I wasn't about to try marching him into the house and having him sit at my kitchen table while we waited for the police. So off he went, running gracefully away on his long legs like a deer on crank, never to be seen again. The police arrived twenty minutes later, pulled into the wrong driveway and did nothing useful whatsoever.

It wasn't too unsettling, he didn't actually get away with anything and I felt in control of the situation the whole time. I live in a relatively secluded area, I could have shot, dismembered and buried him and no one would have ever have known he'd been there, but since he didn't actually get away with anything, it just didn't seem like that big of a deal at the time. I was mostly pissed off at the police for failing to do their fucking jobs yet again.

I imagine I'd have felt a lot different if he'd gotten away with anything.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
I've been mugged. I didn't feel much of anything. Made a mental note to avoid the neighborhood, and that's all. As for house-robbery..Eh, what are they going to steal? Anything I own of even remote value is my PC, which was only like 800USD. My laptop isn't worth dirt, and I have nothing else of value. No TV, no stereo, no nothing.