How would you pass the time if you were immortal?

AnonymouZero

Oct 23, 2009
Be a videogame reviewer! play every single game there is out there (except wii shovelware), watch all the movies i can and why not... learn 15 different languages.

bcponpcp27

Jan 9, 2009
Must....learn....everygoddamnthingever!

Seriously, I wouldn't stop teaching myself random crap. Assuming I had a fuckton of money of course.

pyrokitsune777

Apr 4, 2009
enjoy the world, and all of it's treasures. watch how we advance in as a race then help random people out until i decide whether or not to for a shadow government.

If apocalypse occurs attempt to rebuild the world that once was due the collective amount of knowledge i will probably have accumulated.

Of course this is all under the assumption that i haven't gone insane randomly.

slyywiskers

Mar 14, 2009
RebellionXXI said:
And then I would fire myself into the sun. Yaay!
Cannon to fire you into the sun: $17 billon

Remembering that you're immortal and will survive it: priceless

(That was a MasterCard reference, most of you probably won?t know what that is but people in New Zealand or who have seem jimmy Carr?s commercial breakdown should get it)

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Probably the same way I currently do it. I'd browse the Escapist, look at topic titles and replace all of the nouns with the word "pizza" in my head. It's great fun. "Should pizzas be put onto box covers?", "How would you pass the pizza if you were immortal?", "Poll: What would be the most EFFECTIVE pizza to use during a zombie apocalypse?", etc.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
kannibus said:
I would endeavour to NOT be sparkly in daylight.
Lolwut. Myself, I would probably take on extreme sports and shit. Do all the things I can't. Download all the free por... umm, games. etc

Oh, and build a SPACESHIP!!

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
I'd casually walk places I wasn't supposed to go. Like high-security military bases and things. People would be all like "STOP" and I'd be all like "or what."

will1182 said:
I would create a World of Warcraft account.
*GUFFAWS MIGHTILY*

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Somehow work it out to set myself up as the ruler of the entire world. Then, on with Silly Hats Day and Free Ice Cream and Hugs Day!

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Spend my life in my house, playing videogames, building with legos, maybe go on a crusade...

You know, stuff that I'd have time for.
But since I can die still, I'd probably do all that in a suit of armor, as not to harm myself.
Oh, immortality AND invulnerability? Didn't read all the way through.

If I had that, I'd just go downright apeshit.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
Alot, and since i have a resonably bad memory i could probably stave off insanity since i wouldnt remember what ive done, and then i can do at all again.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
I'd travel the world, fight for causes I believed in, meet interesting people, amass a huge fortune, collect cool artifacts....I'd be pretty much like the Highlander I suppose. I love that movie!

GreyEarth

The NightShifter
Dec 4, 2008
Read all the great works of literature, write some of my own.
Learn and read all about all the great philosophers, and write some of my own.

Learn to play every instrument, and make some music.

Learn every language and endeavour to create a universal language.

Learn and practice the myriad style of martial arts.
Learn about all the different cultures.
Travel the world over, and eventually to other worlds.

Seeing as I'm immortal, time and distance will lose relevance to normal human life span. Travelling to the distant stars will no longer be measured by how many life times or generations it will take to get there, as for me, regardless of distance it will still only be "one".

Perhaps then, I'll become the Immortal Emperor of Mankind a-la Warhammer 40K

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I would travel the world, learn of the cultures, languages and ways of life. I would learn everything I could about the world!

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
well for the first few centuries I'd likely indulge in some pretty impressive hedonism while building up a nice chunk of change.

When that got dull, I'd spend a few life times studying various things, breaking it up with more sex.

At around a thousand I'm sure reliable FTL travel would of been invented, so time to go off and bang some hot aliens, I was going to say hot alien chicks, but I'm sure after that long I'd be up for almost anything, do some more studying.

I figure around 3 thousand I'm getting bored, time to start an empire with me as the god king for a few more centuries, playing a massive risk style game with real people, while again hot sex.

I figure after 10 thousand or so years I'd get bored with the whole God-King deal, then I'd move onto building my own race, you know like Spore only not lame, that would take a good chunk of time, maybe a million years or so, so I'd need something to help pass the time, sex and war sounds good as a pastime.

mmm around a billion or so I'm sure I'd of done everything that could be done in this universe, time to make my own just for giggles.