How's it going?

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, if you had asked me a few days ago, pretty miserable, but I don't know, I've been in a great mood today. Got off work early after getting all my stuff done, it's been a nice mostly overcast day, and took my dog on a walk around the neighborhood. Who knows if it will last, but for now I'm rather content.

Reactions: SupahEwok and Kae

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I am basically searching for a job due to having a bad major, and I have created a website. So I am doing okay.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
That sucks, hope you're not doing too bad.
I'm still doing all right, it's just that dealing with my parents is becoming particularly difficult these days (especially my father). Social media can poison the mind, unfortunately.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks, my bad.

Reactions: Kae and SupahEwok

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'm still doing all right, it's just that dealing with my parents is becoming particularly difficult these days (especially my father). Social media can poison the mind, unfortunately.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks, my bad.
Yeah, its tough to come home to rants about the "scamdemic" and half-read books called The Rational Male and questions along the lines of "you heard of this Jordan Peterson fellow? Man makes a lot of sense".

I'd take that over dealing with my mom, though (and to be fair, the bullshit about gender dynamics probably mainly stems from having to deal with my mom for over 35 years).

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Yeah, its tough to come home to rants about the "scamdemic" and half-read books called The Rational Male and questions along the lines of "you heard of this Jordan Peterson fellow? Man makes a lot of sense".

I'd take that over dealing with my mom, though (and to be fair, the bullshit about gender dynamics probably mainly stems from having to deal with my mom for over 35 years).
I think I would pay money if it was Jordan Peterson I had to deal with. To give you the slightest taste of this (because typing just this is actually making me a bit angry): Donald Trump's son (Barron) being a time traveler, oh, and being excited about a terrorist bombing.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I think I would pay money if it was Jordan Peterson I had to deal with. To give you the slightest taste of this (because typing just this is actually making me a bit angry): Donald Trump's son (Barron) being a time traveler, oh, and being excited about a terrorist bombing.
Think you could "accidentally" cut the internet cable to their house?

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
That sucks, my mom is heavily into conspiracy theories too but she hasn't gone that mad yet, of course I have other conflicts with her besides just that, but I feel ya, hope you don't have to spend too much time with them.

blockhead77

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2020
Ummm... *shame faced*... exactly! I had about 1K to go. But... April-December.
Next 1st World Problems:
Shopping priorities! Do I save up for the PS5/Xbox Series X/New Computer build (I build my own) or upgrade my home theater? So far, I R&R a perfectly good, newer Polk center speaker with one that cost 3 times as much on sale? Got the speaker.
Did I need my 3rd toilet fixed before Xmas? I don't know if I'll be charged emergency fees, but it gone done yesterday as I wrapped gifts.
And missus went out w/ work friends yesterday and had what is supposedly the best pizza in region. Tried a slice. Nope. Decent, but I've had better.
So... all is better than I have a right to so far. I do worry about small businesses. I hope everyone thanks them for serving on our front lines (grocery stores, etc.) during this lock down. They are very brave and vital.
Thanks :) I had to work on Christmas eve and it was extremely busy.

Reactions: gorfias

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My grandfather's wife, after battling dementia for years, contracted COVID and died last week in a hospital.

My best friend's wife contracted COVID. She's showing minor symptoms, and we're hoping it doesn't get worse than that. Bigger concern for me is their daughter, my two-year-old goddaughter. I asked if my friend and she had been tested, and he said not yet. I don't know what he's waiting for.

My uncle's wife's father passed away just yesterday. Wasn't clear if it was COVID-related or not, but it's too fresh to pry for answers; she's hurting pretty badly.

My brother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 1 prostate cancer.

Lastly, after a routine mammogram, my girlfriend was diagnosed with stage 1A breast cancer. Thankfully, it was found very early; the subsequent MRI determined she only has one spot of concern, and blood work and family history indicate she's not at serious risk for it coming back or genetic mutations that make the tumor abnormally aggressive. So she goes tomorrow for a consultation for a lumpectomy, hopefully as soon as middle of next month.

Oh, and while I was typing this, our cat puked on my slippers.

So yeah, life's been getting it in pretty hard for it's last few weeks.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
My grandfather's wife, after battling dementia for years, contracted COVID and died last week in a hospital.

My best friend's wife contracted COVID. She's showing minor symptoms, and we're hoping it doesn't get worse than that. Bigger concern for me is their daughter, my two-year-old goddaughter. I asked if my friend and she had been tested, and he said not yet. I don't know what he's waiting for.

My uncle's wife's father passed away just yesterday. Wasn't clear if it was COVID-related or not, but it's too fresh to pry for answers; she's hurting pretty badly.

Lastly, after a routine mammogram, my girlfriend was diagnosed with stage 1A breast cancer. Thankfully, it was found very early; the subsequent MRI determined she only has one spot of concern, and blood work and family history indicate she's not at serious risk for it coming back or genetic mutations that make the tumor abnormally aggressive. So she goes tomorrow for a consultation for a lumpectomy, hopefully as soon as middle of next month.

That's rough. I hope things turn out well for your relatives and girlfriend. If it's any consolation, children seem to be unaffected by covid.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
That's rough. I hope things turn out well for your relatives and girlfriend. If it's any consolation, children seem to be unaffected by covid.
Thanks. In a year where the best news I've gotten is that the unexpected cancers in my loved ones is treatable, words like "hope" can be difficult pills to swallow, but I hold on to them nonetheless.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

Ah shit man, I'm sorry to hear that. There's (obviously) nothing I can say that would help, but I really hope things go as well as they possibly can in all cases.

(One of our cats puked on the (UK) pants my wife got for Christmas, but I haven't told her yet; going to wait til she's got them on.)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ah shit man, I'm sorry to hear that. There's (obviously) nothing I can say that would help, but I really hope things go as well as they possibly can in all cases.

(One of our cats puked on the (UK) pants my wife got for Christmas, but I haven't told her yet; going to wait til she's got them on.)
Thanks, man; I appreciate it. COVID is what it is and has done what it's done (thus far,) but the two cancer diagnoses, outside of not being there at all, we really couldn't hope for much better, so we're relieved to that effect.

Oh! And just about an hour ago, our pool pump shit the bed, spouting water about 5 feet in the air and damn-near flooding the yard. Can't wait to find out how expen$$$ive this is gonna be. Gotta hand it to 2020; it's not wasting a second of the precious few it has left to bestow misery and strife. At least I've not needed any major car repairs since paying off my car in April!

... oh shit...

1609272823291.png

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia

Fuck. That's awful.