Huge Battlefield 1 info leak

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/4qu1pm/maxi_leak_by_the_big_lobix300/

If this is true, that's practically the whole game right there.

I wonder why Gallipoli is one of the last missions, if I'm not mistaken it was a bit earlier in the war. It did last 2 years though, so maybe it is the focus of the entire campaign (seeing as DICE was so proud to show off all the Middle Eastern settings in their trailers).

For the multiplayer, I wonder how many people are going to be angry that you get points for killing horses in the game. The number of weapons seem good. 35 firearms in total, though I think many of them will just be variants of each other or at least very similar. There is a mention of calvary weapons, can any WWI buffs tell us what those might be?

Lastly, it looks like the earliest DLC for the game will be the French faction. While it is EA, DICE has mentioned that the game will have some free DLC post-release. Hopefully this it.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Bob_McMillan said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/4qu1pm/maxi_leak_by_the_big_lobix300/

If this is true, that's practically the whole game right there.

I wonder why Gallipoli is one of the last missions, if I'm not mistaken it was a bit earlier in the war. It did last 2 years though, so maybe it is the focus of the entire campaign (seeing as DICE was so proud to show off all the Middle Eastern settings in their trailers).

For the multiplayer, I wonder how many people are going to be angry that you get points for killing horses in the game. The number of weapons seem good. 35 firearms in total, though I think many of them will just be variants of each other or at least very similar. There is a mention of calvary weapons, can any WWI buffs tell us what those might be?

Lastly, it looks like the earliest DLC for the game will be the French faction. While it is EA, DICE has mentioned that the game will have some free DLC post-release. Hopefully this it.

I'm all for legitimacy, but the truth is most people who play this game aren't going to respect the historical context. It will mostly be a bunch of dudebros high-fiving each other in dorm rooms shouting expletives.

It's little wonder why these mp-focused shooters' campaigns are so derivative and filler.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
hanselthecaretaker said:
Bob_McMillan said:

For the multiplayer, I wonder how many people are going to be angry that you get points for killing horses in the game.
I'm all for legitimacy, but the truth is most people who play this game aren't going to respect the historical context. It will mostly be a bunch of dudebros high-fiving each other in dorm rooms shouting expletives.

It's little wonder why these mp-focused shooters' campaigns are so derivative and filler.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are saying. I mean, I get what you are saying, but not how its related to what you highlighted in my post. I was just anticipating that there will be a couple of PETA fanatics who will go ballistic over the killing of animals giving you points in a video game.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Well, maybe I'm whitewashing the issue a bit, but did anyone really take for example the "No Russian" thing seriously?

I just think if they want to push authenticity, it needs to carry some weight historically to make some kind of impression on the player. The thing is, that's a tall order for competitive mp shooters.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Either the epilogue is out of sync timeline wise (like, the Galipoli mission taking place before other missions), or the MP weapons aren't typically present in single player (else everybody running around with semi-auto and automatic weapons strains credibility even further), or this is just an Internet rumor.

See, if Kotaku said they had a leak, I'd be inclined to believe it. You don't get blacklisted for leaks if they aren't true, but this is Reddit. The 4chan of the '10's.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I don't believe you. The weapons list is too long, no way DICE works that hard on a military shooter with focus on multiplayer. *cough* Battlefront *cough*

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
There is a mention of calvary weapons, can any WWI buffs tell us what those might be?
Traditional heavy cavalry still wasnt considered obselete at the beginning of WW1. So itll be sabres.

Of course, things like the machine gun and the armored vehicle would put an end to most of that.

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
EHKOS said:
I don't believe you. The weapons list is too long, no way DICE works that hard on a military shooter with focus on multiplayer. *cough* Battlefront *cough*
It's EA, so half that list will be pre-order DLC.

But looking at the IMFDB page, a lot of those guns will be in the game.

Don't buy that the Kolibri will be though. This gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsDpGJcpk8

Yeah... That being in the list makes be believe this is a hoax.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
gigastar said:
Bob_McMillan said:
There is a mention of calvary weapons, can any WWI buffs tell us what those might be?
Traditional heavy cavalry still wasnt considered obselete at the beginning of WW1. So itll be sabres.
Should also be carbines and pistols, possibly even lances for certain types of cav (though if the Russians aren't playable, probably not).

Though, judging from what I've seen so far, they'll probably equip the horses with recoilless rifles, HMGs, and flamethrowers.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
So wait Battlefield 1, the FPS game with guns and maps, has guns and maps and is a FPS?

Jeez, EA. Save some innovation for the DLC!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
OneCatch said:
gigastar said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Should also be carbines and pistols, possibly even lances for certain types of cav (though if the Russians aren't playable, probably not).
In WW1 lances were among the first pre-20th century weapons to be ditched as they proved utterly useless when faced with trench warfare.

Firearms wouldnt be out of the question though, it had been done before.

And for the record, by 1918 most of the European powers had converted thier cavalry regiments to infantry regiments.

Though, judging from what I've seen so far, they'll probably equip the horses with recoilless rifles, HMGs, and flamethrowers.
Recoilless rifles first emerged in WW2, there was no distinction of a 'heavy' machine gun at the time and WW1 machine guns had to be operated by 2 people (2nd guy pumped water through the barrel jacket so the thing didnt melt itself) and were tripod mounted for a very good reason.

Flamethrowers did exist in WW1, but you would have a hell of a time using one from horseback and not causing your own horse to go batshit fucking insane when it sees all the fire everywhere.

But hey, videogames.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
gigastar said:
OneCatch said:
gigastar said:
Bob_McMillan said:
In WW1 lances were among the first pre-20th century weapons to be ditched as they proved utterly useless when faced with trench warfare.

Firearms wouldnt be out of the question though, it had been done before.

And for the record, by 1918 most of the European powers had converted thier cavalry regiments to infantry regiments.

Recoilless rifles first emerged in WW2, there was no distinction of a 'heavy' machine gun at the time and WW1 machine guns had to be operated by 2 people (2nd guy pumped water through the barrel jacket so the thing didnt melt itself) and were tripod mounted for a very good reason.

Flamethrowers did exist in WW1, but you would have a hell of a time using one from horseback and not causing your own horse to go batshit fucking insane when it sees all the fire everywhere.

But hey, videogames.
Oh, I'm aware of all this! I was suggesting flamethrower cavalry to poke fun at all of the other ridiculous shit they've already demonstrated.