Humble Android Bundle 3 Adds First Bundle Games

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Humble Android Bundle 3 Adds First Bundle Games

After reaching over half a million in sales, the Humble Bundle brings back its first Android pack.

So we've established by now that everybody loves a good Humble Bundle, yes? That does seem to be the general consensus, since the Humble Bundle Team keeps putting them out and people keep buying them. For proof, look no further than <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119098-The-Humble-Bundle-Returns-to-Android>the third Humble Android Bundle which just reached over half a million dollars for its 85 thousand bundles sold. Of course, if there's anything better than a Humble Bundle, it's retroactively adding games to said Bundle. And so, the team has added the original four Android Bundle games to the latest package, making them available to anyone who buys above the average price and bringing the grand total to nine whole games.

The current bundle, which opened with Fieldrunners, BIT.TRIP.BEAT, SpaceChem, Uplink, and Spirits has now been supplemented with World of Goo, Osmos, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, and EDGE for anyone who missed them back in January. The majority of these new additions were already critical hits as individual releases, and now you can snatch them all and their soundtracks for a price tag currently cheaper than a movie ticket.

I'm a newcomer to mobile gaming myself, but the majority of my Android games actually came from the second Android pack. Being able to snatch up the remaining Bundle games, Anomaly and Osmos in particular, is a good sign my phone will continue to distract me for a good long while.

Source: <a href=http://www.humblebundle.com>Humble Bundle

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
Hey nice! I was worried there for a second because I had bought it before this update, I thought I wouldn't get those extra games, but it turns out if you payed for it once already, you get the update just like all new paying customers.

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
I missed the first two due to having a tiny bank balance at the time and not owning an Android phone. 3 days after getting one they give me the bundle and now this. Bumping up my donation :D

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Wasn't there an article about the android being profitless because of piracy or something?
>_>

Noetherian

Hermits United
May 3, 2012
Awesome! Thank you, escapist, for making sure I didn't miss these.

A question for those who've tried BIT.TRIP BEAT on a phone: do you find the controls intuitive?

I ask because on my tablet I have to tilt perpendicular to the movement of the bar, e.g. I tilt the tablet to the "right" to make the bar move away from me and to the "left" to make it move closer, rather than tilting it forward for away and towards me for... well, towards me. It's so counterintuitive I've ended up not playing what seems otherwise to be a fun game, so I assume the controls have to work better on phones. (I did try playing by drag instead of tilt, though I didn't like that much better.)

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Well, I already had both previous Humble Bundles, so it's kind of pointless for me. Still, this has got to be great news for anyone who missed the first Bundle, seeing as Osmos, Edge and World of Goo are awesome games :D Good on the guys behind the Bundle for doing this.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
sethisjimmy said:
Hey nice! I was worried there for a second because I had bought it before this update, I thought I wouldn't get those extra games, but it turns out if you payed for it once already, you get the update just like all new paying customers.
Yeah, as long as you payed above the average at the time, you get them. I was kind of pissed on a previous bundle but then I found out that it worked that way.

OT: These bundles sure are great.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
antipunt said:
Wasn't there an article about the android being profitless because of piracy or something?
>_>
Probably as valid as the PSP bitching back in the day.

There was just nothing to buy for the damn thing. Kairosoft does quite well on Android, so much so that they prioritize it over Apple now.

My PSP ended up being a PS1 Mobile Emulator because there was nothing else. I'm sure the same issue exists with android where people release donkey shit on it and whine when they don't make 90 trillion dollars.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
antipunt said:
>_>
Yeah, and it's totally true. I mean, there are people who pirate the humble bundle games, so ponies!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
theultimateend said:
antipunt said:
>_>
Probably as valid as the PSP bitching back in the day.

There was just nothing to buy for the damn thing. Kairosoft does quite well on Android, so much so that they prioritize it over Apple now.

My PSP ended up being a PS1 Mobile Emulator because there was nothing else. I'm sure the same issue exists with android where people release donkey shit on it and whine when they don't make 90 trillion dollars.
The piracy bit was from the developers of Cut the Rope, so they already knew the game was a success. However, it probably failed to meet their expectations, so they went "piracy wtf" and threw a tantrum.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Zachary Amaranth said:
The piracy bit was from the developers of Cut the Rope, so they already knew the game was a success. However, it probably failed to meet their expectations, so they went "piracy wtf" and threw a tantrum.
I like Cut the Rope, bought it on both my phone and my tablet (Apple and Android).

I would think the bad design layout of the Android Market has more to do with their lower sales than Piracy.

I mean shit...Apple just plasters the #1 sellers of the moment EVERYWHERE. It's incredible marketing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
theultimateend said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
I like Cut the Rope, bought it on both my phone and my tablet (Apple and Android).

I would think the bad design layout of the Android Market has more to do with their lower sales than Piracy.

I mean shit...Apple just plasters the #1 sellers of the moment EVERYWHERE. It's incredible marketing.
nI this case, it only matters what the devs/pubs believe. Basically, since they blame piracy, and are saying "screw android," it is what it is. even if it may be more the Android store's interface. I don't know. I barely use the Android store, and I haven't had a modern iProduct (Modern enough for Apps and stuff, anyway), so what I know on the matter could fill a matchbook without first removing the matches.

I should probably pick up CTR. I wanted to try it when it was an Apple only thing and just...Forgot about it because it WAS an Apple-only thing.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Zachary Amaranth said:
nI this case, it only matters what the devs/pubs believe. Basically, since they blame piracy, and are saying "screw android," it is what it is. even if it may be more the Android store's interface. I don't know. I barely use the Android store, and I haven't had a modern iProduct (Modern enough for Apps and stuff, anyway), so what I know on the matter could fill a matchbook without first removing the matches.

I should probably pick up CTR. I wanted to try it when it was an Apple only thing and just...Forgot about it because it WAS an Apple-only thing.
As long as Kairosoft keeps making games I don't care who quits Android :D. >_>.

They aren't amazing games compared to all games but in the mobile world they are probably the best you can do for 5 bucks usually. Considering everything else costs like 5 bucks to build crap in "F2P".

Gaming was much cheaper when it wasn't F2P...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
theultimateend said:

They aren't amazing games compared to all games but in the mobile world they are probably the best you can do for 5 bucks usually. Considering everything else costs like 5 bucks to build crap in "F2P".

I've honestly never heard of Kairosoft. Anything in particular I should look for?

Anyway, I've found a ton of good stuff on Android, so I'm not complaining to be sure.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
YAY! Another Humble Bundle! For the last 3 I payed $50 per Bundle...oh Android? Meh, I'll buy it pure to support it, I love what they do.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
antipunt said:
>_>
the humble bundle is not just about profit

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
theultimateend said:

I've honestly never heard of Kairosoft. Anything in particular I should look for?

Anyway, I've found a ton of good stuff on Android, so I'm not complaining to be sure.
Game Dev Story is fun. Dungeon Village is too.

OT: Bought in on it. I mainly play emulation on my phone, but I'll throw these on too. Why not?

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
maddog015 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
theultimateend said:

Game Dev Story is fun. Dungeon Village is too.

OT: Bought in on it. I mainly play emulation on my phone, but I'll throw these on too. Why not?
Agreed! Lots of game come and go, but the only ones that have stuck for me were the Kairosoft ones. Have no idea why they work so well.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Zachary Amaranth said:
theultimateend said:

It is hard to say. Kairosoft makes really fun games that you wish just had a tiny bit more polish usually. Each game they experiment with a new idea.

Basically if you have Android I'd suggest grabbing the free demos of their games. If you find one you'd like to milk they are usually 5 bucks.

Chances are good that if its something you like you'll put in about 20 hours before you stop. That, I think, is pretty good for 5 bucks. It's 20 hours of fun usually instead of 20 hours of fury which is all I get from Angry Birds >_> (Minus Space, Space is actually fun to me).

antipunt said:
Agreed! Lots of game come and go, but the only ones that have stuck for me were the Kairosoft ones. Have no idea why they work so well.
I like this thread ^^.

I own all of their games now and don't regret buying a single one :eek:.