Seems neat. Dunno how I feel about regressing from 3rd edition though

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Seems neat. Dunno how I feel about regressing from 3rd edition though
Conversely, I won't touch anything after 2nd. I got it all in paper up to that point, but seeing as it does have all the 4th ed stuff I thought someone might get some use out of it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
So you don't suggest it?
It's the next generation on 2nd edition, 3rd was a radically different offshoot.

If you don't have an existing preference for a specific edition it's probably fine

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
So you don't suggest it?
As GX said, 3rd is a very different system to the previous 2. IIRC there was a fair bit of the system that didn't really lend itself to pdf, special dice, combat cards, that sort of thing . I can't comment on how it played, it just wasn't worth a new system for me after 20 odd years and there was something about FFGs style that put me off.

4th veers back towards more traditional territory and is the current edition so that might be the best one to go for.

Still, since you get all of 2 and a load of 4th ed for about £25 I'd go for that and see what you prefer. There's still a load of old grognards on Strike to Stun playing 1st ed and 2nd ed.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Bought it a couple days ago. Not gonna play any of them though as my group are in a different setting/system, so adaptation ahoy-hoy. Plenty of easily adapted material there to work with, so our campaign will go along for a while yet, I think.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Thanks, will likely get it. Don't have any group for it atm, but who knows what might come.

I have played 2nd years ago, but i only had a couple of the books. Lost interest when 3 came out.

Last edited: