Hype.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
ODST and Modern Warfare 2. They just look... dull. Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 didn't even come close to how good they were hailed by critics and gamers. The new ones don't look fun at all.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
wrecker77 said:
halo 3 odst. looks completely unorigonal. not enough to make me put the money down for it.
same here.it's just a way to shut the fanboys up until the continue with halo 4.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Ginnipe said:
wrecker77 said:
halo 3 odst. looks completely unorigonal. not enough to make me put the money down for it.
wasn't it SUPPOSED to be a download
yes it WAS. now your getting the same exact thing, for more! As biased as a site like gametrailers is, even i think they wont like odst.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
orannis62 said:
05rutterb said:
orannis62 said:
05rutterb said:
Previous splinter cell games have never got the difficulty right, and i don't get immersed in it at all. I just find it boring, I want to go on a rampage but it tells me off.
I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't be hyped for it then, but out of curiosity, why would you play a game where not allowing rampages are part of the mission statement if that's what you want?

Anyway, OT, I'd have to say Borderlands. It frankly doesn't look interesting to me.
In alot of stealth games i've played, it gives you the choice. I don't like being sneaky. It just seems too easy.
I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. Isn't that the point of a stealth game? Why would you play a stealth game if you don't want to sneak?
Yeah, Thats why I don't like stealth games, not just splinter cell.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Bioshock 2
The new Star Wars game. Yes this is the extent of how much I don't care.
Halo ODST + Reach
Splinter Cell

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
05rutterb said:
What are games that everybody else is looking forward to, but you're not? Explain why.
My 2 would be Bioshock 2 and Splinter Cell: conviction.
Bioshock was way too easy, and not as good as everybody said it was. Sure, it was atmospheric, but that was its only good feature IMO. Apart from graphics, but i don't care about those. And it was annoying that you always had to go round instead of going straight from A to B, a cheap way to make the game longer.
Previous splinter cell games have never got the difficulty right, and i don't get immersed in it at all. I just find it boring, I want to go on a rampage but it tells me off.
These games.

Jul 9, 2008
05rutterb said:
orannis62 said:
05rutterb said:
orannis62 said:
05rutterb said:
I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't be hyped for it then, but out of curiosity, why would you play a game where not allowing rampages are part of the mission statement if that's what you want?

Anyway, OT, I'd have to say Borderlands. It frankly doesn't look interesting to me.
In alot of stealth games i've played, it gives you the choice. I don't like being sneaky. It just seems too easy.
I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. Isn't that the point of a stealth game? Why would you play a stealth game if you don't want to sneak?
Yeah, Thats why I don't like stealth games, not just splinter cell.
Ok, fair enough. I think I misunderstood you.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
modern warfare 2, short single player always bugs me and the added cost even to pc gamers annoys me so no matter what cool thing they add to multi player I care not

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Just Bioshock 2. I really didn't like the original one that much.

Though I am tearing my eyeballs out for Halo: ODST and Modern Warfare 2.

Yay for being diverse!

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
"Hype is an invention by mean spirited marketing executives that never discovered the true meaning of christmas." Yahtzee put it best. To answer the question, I'd say..no scream, anything Halo. I am NOT loking forward to any of the 5 or 6 projects with that liscense.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I'm not really over the moon about Halo Reach. As I said before I liked the trilogy and would like it to end at some point but my curiostiy will most likely justify a look.
I also lose interest in Bioshock 2 because the original Bioshock I think was a masterpiece because it was given a long time in development to work out all the issues and make everything work smoothly. Bioshock 2 however feels like a sequel not needed as everything in Bioshock 1 was concluded nicely so any continuation feels redundant.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
Pretty much everything except Starcraft 2 and Modern Warfare 2.

I played both BioShock and Mass Effect, but BioShock was never set up properly for a sequal. BioShock 2 appears to be suffering from a common Saturday morning cartoon problem. The Little Sister looks like a failed attempt to improve on the Big Daddy, and replaces the gaps with little emotional strings to the original. It is like how when cartoon villians die, they just get replaced by some brat who steals the remaining armor or gadgets and upgrades them a bit. It is just the same villian because the writers cant make a villians that is both better and original.

I dont know why, but Mass Effect never really made me love it. Both ME and BS were OK, but I just borrowed them from a friend. They were too short for $60, and I doubt the sequals will be any better.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
Hype is just bad overall. Every game that is pre/reviewed or whatever should not be so over the top. That way the game can still impress you.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
For DS
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Princess and Knight

For PS3
Demon's Souls (even though I already imported)
Assassins Creed 2
Castlevania: The Lords of Shadow
Wet
Katamari Forever

For Wii
Metroid: the other M
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (benefit of the doubt at least)

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Everything except AC2, MW2, and The Saboteur, and I'm not even hugely excited about The Saboteur.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Bioshock 2, Mass effect 2.

I never played it & i had it and i hated it, Respectively.