I AM BACK!!!!!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Glad to see you are ok, been a bit worried.

In net land...people aren't impressed with how Trump is handling things, including disaster response.

Taylor Swift has a new album coming out soon and people are exciting, GW is releasing a new version of Necromunda and there might be some excitement. Not sure how many Swifties play Necromunda, though.

Sep 24, 2008
I am truly sorry on what you had to go through, but I'm glad to see you typing and about. I hope to swifter restoration for your island.

How are the spirits there? Any major achievements in getting the island back to the way it was?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
ObsidianJones said:
I am truly sorry on what you had to go through, but I'm glad to see you typing and about. I hope to swifter restoration for your island.

How are the spirits there? Any major achievements in getting the island back to the way it was?
Well in my situation everything seems normalized the places I mostly go to, but there are places that suffered the most from the Hurricane, whole houses (Mostly made of Wood) got destroyed or flooded, and the newspapers says by the end of January the island will have 75% electricity back up.

And there is controversy about this White-Fish Electric Company.

But I am the wrong guy to ask because I mostly don't look at the whole details but there is plenty of news you can find on the internet about the plight of the island.

Sep 24, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
ObsidianJones said:

Well in my situation everything seems normalized the places I mostly go to, but there are places that suffered the most from the Hurricane, whole houses (Mostly made of Wood) got destroyed or flooded, and the newspapers says by the end of January the island will have 75% electricity back up.

And there is controversy about this White-Fish Electric Company.

But I am the wrong guy to ask because I mostly don't look at the whole details but there is plenty of news you can find on the internet about the plight of the island.
News is slated to Political Piss-Taking and damning. It's almost like people use tragedies to push their own agenda...

I rather get real news from people who know what they are talking about. I want the facts, not the spin.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Glad to see you alright, I was actually concerned. How bad is it down there? They don't really talk about it in the news on the mainland, anymore...

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
BreakfastMan said:
Glad to see you alright, I was actually concerned. How bad is it down there? They don't really talk about it in the news on the mainland, anymore...
In the local news I have seen, I have seen people bathing in small water creaks, I have seen piles of broken trees still on streets and lots of knock down electrical poles and damages to buildings like Gas Station Roofs collapsing and and trees beings unearthed and fall down. But lets just say the area I know is more or less fine, I am chatting with you in a Mall right now on a Laptop I have and the place looks alright like everything is back to normal,I live in the West Coast of the island and I'd say we suffered the least here. But the northern and more center parts of the island is devastated, Maricao, the poorest place in the island in my opinion got devastated and has 0% Water and Electricity and major damages, Old San Jaun, as far as I know still has no Electricity.

This is all at the top of my head though.

Right now my situation is my house is fine (Its made entirely of cement and its in a gated community) but I still have no electricity (I have a generator) and no internet services (and I am trying to apply to a new service provider)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Thank God you're okay. Was getting a little since we haven't heard from you a while.

Is there any progress being made? Is it just as slow as it's being alluded to?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Welcome back! Please, have some tea... [http://38.media.tumblr.com/dd8fd4f52190c46061aa74e38317f599/tumblr_n8ulbcKN5q1tql0o6o1_500.gif]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Thank God you're okay. Was getting a little since we haven't heard from you a while.

Is there any progress being made? Is it just as slow as it's being alluded to?
Progress has been slow but steady, like I said earlier, my brother has light and water in his house and FEMA is building him a Cement Roof (A portion of the house has a Wooden Roof) my grandmother has electricity and water in her house aswell (Which I am still surprise the house is still there and standing considering it has wooden parts)

I just don't know what is going on that is making electricity to come back to my house so damn slow right now (I have water though) and I am tired of using a generator.

But I can't speak for people that are suffering even worse off than me in this island, all I can say is my condolences.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
So how's everyone been doing here in the escapist?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAbFqkvzQA

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Glad to see you're nor Aragorn with the wind (apologies). Hope you can use those trump paper towels to rebuild your city!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
You put the day to day problems I have in serious perspective, thank Christ you and your relatives are okay. Here's to getting your power back and to aid making it to those who need it.