I can't seem to find any NEW music that I want to buy.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
So I've been browsing itunes for like 3 hours now and I've come to the conclusion that either my music taste is horrible or music is dead and indie is the only thing left that can satisfy me.

So I'm going to give you guys a list of bands that I like and lets see if anyone can find any similar music (I still can't find any)

MCR, Sex Bob-omb, Radio Head, Modest Mouse, MUSE, Gorillaz, GolGol, ManMan, Queens of the stone age, Pillows, Rage against the machine, Rammstien. That's just some of the bands I like, just picked up some sublime, nirvana and some Queen. I'm checking out more ATM

I'm really looking for a grungy garage band sound like how Sex Bob-omb had, loud with lots of bass and messy as hell, but if you have an idea of something I may like just tell me!

EDIT: Also it would be cool if you don't like my music taste could you please not insult it we all have our own tastes so just try to be cool and think about how you would want to be treated.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Adultism said:
I'm really looking for a grungy garage band sound like how Sex Bob-omb had, loud with lots of bass and messy as hell, but if you have an idea of something I may like just tell me!
Try Garbage and Curve for stuff that's kind of similar to Muse and bassy.
There's an Icelandic guy called Mugison who's quite interesting in that he subverts music in a similar way to Muse. He's a bit genre-spanning though, so might not be ideal (I only like around 2/3 of his stuff).

Also, what about SOAD?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
If you like Queens of the Stone Age and Sex Bob-omb, then I guess you'd probably really enjoy the Eagles of Death Metal (they've got Josh Homme in them, so it's pretty QOTSA-ish).

Also, didn't Beck write the Sex Bob-omb stuff? Maybe give him a listen, I never really have so I don't know whether or not you'd like it.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Maybe you'll like some music from the dutch metal/rock band "Delain". They sing in English so no worries there. Their style is different between the first two and the third album. (First 2 more metal, last more rock)

Also, awesome music taste in my book. I like/love most of those bands as well. :)

Poppy JR.

Jun 25, 2013
Try The Hives if you're into Grunge. One of the most amazing bands I've ever seen live.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
What I usually do is go on pandora, all the bands you like are closely related so you could easily find something similar.

They're not all grungy but they're all related to your list you may want to try them. Sorry if there's a lot I've been trying to organize my library and I like a lot of the same stuff you do.
And for some Japanese stuff since you said you liked the Pillows.

Feedmeketamine

Sep 29, 2013
Couldnt recommend the pixies or nirvana too much if youre into grunge, Since lou reed just died i feel its my duty to recommend his music
this is his best song imo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwLlvcDi4PQ not exactly new but you get the idea

ps Jack Whites new album is masterpiece

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
What about this little gem?

You can thank Jim Sterling for that one, me old son. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, try these.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Hmmm, not entirely sure that you'll like these, but this is what I came up with.

savandicus

Jun 5, 2008
Might I suggest a little bit of light relaxing piano music. It may not be like any of the things you've listed but I bet there are very few people who wouldn't enjoy something like this.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Adultism said:
MCR, Sex Bob-omb, Radio Head, Modest Mouse, MUSE, Gorillaz, GolGol, ManMan, Queens of the stone age, Pillows, Rage against the machine, Rammstien. That's just some of the bands I like.

Finnish industrial metal goodness.

Bit of post-grungy stuff, though you've probably heard it before.

Though their style changed heavily between albums, I guess this is pretty dirty/garage-y? I fucking love The Protomen.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Adultism said:
So I've been browsing itunes for like 3 hours now and I've come to the conclusion that either my music taste is horrible or music is dead and indie is the only thing left that can satisfy me.

So I'm going to give you guys a list of bands that I like and lets see if anyone can find any similar music (I still can't find any)

MCR, Sex Bob-omb, Radio Head, Modest Mouse, MUSE, Gorillaz, GolGol, ManMan, Queens of the stone age, Pillows, Rage against the machine, Rammstien. That's just some of the bands I like.

EDIT: Also it would be cool if you don't like my music taste could you please not insult it we all have our own tastes so just try to be cool and think about how you would want to be treated.
In the same vein as MCR(kinda) is new AFI. Old AFI is straight up hardcore punk transitioning to horror punk, that you still might like. One thing AFI doesn't do is stagnate.

The Melvins might suit you for the grungy garage band. Messy as hell is just about what they do.

Hmm, bass driven rap mixed with a lot of things with a political bent, I'd go for P.O.S., particularly his earlier albums as he blends with a lot of genres and different styles. His newest album gives RATM a run for their money in the politics section and is pretty much a parody of overproduced, samey, mainstream rap. It sounds like that style, but uses enough different timings and the like to not actually be it.

The rest I either have no knowledge of the genre to suggest something similar, but if you want something definitely rap but with occasionally surrealistic lyrics, I'd go for Sage Francis. He usually has more of a point than Gorillaz, but it can be kind of hard to figure it out and he does a kickass job with wordplay and metaphor.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Below you'll find some bands I would recommend and a few songs from each. I have not bothered to classify the genre of each, because I find that genre listing can greatly alter one's dispotion evem before they listen to the tracks.

Kyuss

Clutch

Baroness

Red Fang

Monster Magnet

Kylesa

Kvelertak

Jucifer

Puscifer

Ayreon

Garden of Delight

A Perfect Circle

Crippled Black Phoenix

I'll probably come back and post some more songs after I get some sleep.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Go listen to The Mars Volta right now, OP. It's way cheaper than buying acid.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
One of the best ways to find new music is to create a playlist on Spotify with all of your favourites and then start a playlist radio. Spotify is pretty clever like that.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Can't really reply to everyone, but I've been listening to stuff that has been posted and I'm finding quite a lot of new bands that I'm starting to like. Thanks guys! Keep posting too if you think you have something I may like!!!!

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Adultism said:

MCR, Sex Bob-omb, Radio Head, Modest Mouse, MUSE, Gorillaz, GolGol, ManMan, Queens of the stone age, Pillows, Rage against the machine, Rammstien. That's just some of the bands I like, just picked up some sublime, nirvana and some Queen. I'm checking out more ATM

They're not grungy, but I have to recommend them regardless, The National. The National, in my opinion, are the greatest band currently making music. I listened to one song and it has hooked me for life. The part that really makes them stand out, is that each album since Alligator (Boxer, High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me), is equally as good as the other and when I say equally good I mean sex for the ears.

If you are looking for grungy, Try Cage The Elephant. Those mother fuckers are one of the best bands that I have ever listened to and I can say without trouble that they have one of the best discographies around.

EDIT: Try Fake Empire, All the Wine, Mr. November, Bloodbuzz Ohio and Graceless for The National. I tried to get some from all their albums but don't think that each song sounds the same, they can be very different, in fact all their albums, while very similar are incredibly distinct.

For Cage the Elephant, try Ain't No Rest For the Wicked, Back Stabbin' Betty, Aberdeen, Shake Me Down, Spiderhead, Halo and Come a Little Closer. These guys first two sound somewhat similar, but their third is a different kettle of fish, but still fucking AWESOME!!