I can't wait for Diablo 3

SonOfHax

Oct 18, 2010
We've seen all the discussion threads about the new gameplay in D3, people's opinions on D3's art style, how long it is taking for release, but I wanna know something different. How many people out there really want to play D3. I know I want to. I know as soon as it comes out, and when my budget allows, I am buying, installing, and hacking! Post here a simple Yay or Nay if your going to buy Diablo 3, make up a character, and smash, hack, nuke, or stab the the demonic hordes hoping to kill all of creation.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Nope i'm not going to buy it.

I was really considering it, even after the art style change, but the microtransactions, always online etc. etc. have really bugged me. I don't agree with many of the concepts they're putting in the game so I'm not going to play it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Nay.

I don't actively dislike it, I'm just not particularly interested. Hacking and slashing for the sake of a +1 Pair of Socks has never been my thing unless there's some story or characterization behind it.

Besides, the always online thing killed any interest I might ever have had.

Seishisha

By the power of greyskull.
Aug 22, 2011
Im on the fence with this one, i realy enjoyed diablo 2 but at the end of the day i got bored of it and started playing other games again, when i heard about D3 being made i was naturaly interested but from what ive heard from people in the beta, its basicly more of the same and i dont know if i can truly enjoy playing that style of game again.

black_knight1337

Mar 1, 2011
I knew that I was going to buy this as soon as i burnt out on Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction. I then pre-ordered Diablo 3 around one and a half years ago and can't honestly see where all the hate is coming from. Yeah they have made some changes but I personally have no problems with their implementations. I am already close to 100% sure that it will be my personal 2012 Game of the Year.

SonOfHax

Oct 18, 2010
I'm very happy there is no one trolling so far. Thank you everyone for being reasonable and polite in your posts, no matter what your opinion is.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I only buying it for my friend who is a hardcore Diablo fan (who won't stop nagging me to buy it).
While the game look nice and all but I'm still put off that it need to use the internet 24/7 and I looking forward to Guild Wars 2 more than Diablo 3.
Still I know how fun it is playing it with friends is so I am buying it for his sake so we can fight together. I'm planning to play as Witch Doctor and Monk so I can heal his sorry butt (he going to play as the Barbarian and Demon Hunter).

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
the real money auction house thing has me a bit worried, if i am playing and at some point something could drop that was worth a decent amount of money ... could get addicted fast, in a gambling addiction kind of way, scarey thought avtually

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I'm not sure yet...

If I'll pre-order the normal version or collector's edition. Probably the normal version which I could get for 44 ?, whereas the collector's edition is still a whopping 80 ?.

I was crazy about Diablo 2. Right now I'm trying to get a beta key from four different sites that are giving away the limited amounts of Blizzard's newly released beta keys.

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/22/how-diablo-iiis-drm-will-affect-you/
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/22/diablo-3-lead-designer-on-lack-of-offline-mode-the-game%E2%80%99s-not-really-being-played-right-if-it%E2%80%99s-not-online/
Those two articles got me from on the fence to not buying. Especially the second link, how can somebody say that?

Some players might not have access to a stable internet connection. What should a player do if, say, the internet wiring in his house is flawed?

?Erm? upgrade the wiring in his house?? suggests Wilson. ?I mean, in this day and age the notion that there?s this a whole vast majority of players out there that don?t have online connectivity ? this doesn?t really fly any more."
Wow, way to show consolation for your fans.

?I mean, at our hotel, there?s nine wi-fi networks that I can access. Just from the hotel! And they?re all public ? they?re all paid ? but they?re pretty cheap, and they?re all publicly available. So the notion that there?s just tons and tons of people out there that aren?t connected ? isn?t? I don?t think is really accurate.?
What kind of hotels do they go to? Most hotels are capped at like 10kbps. Plus, who would go to a hotel to play a video game anyway?

Wilson also told us some of the philosophical and practical reasons behind the decision not to include any sort of offline mode.

?There?s two basic problems with us doing that,? said Wilson. ?One is players default immediately to that. So, they basically unintentionally opt out of all the cooperative experience, all the trading experience, and the core of Diablo is a circle-trading game. So for us we?ve always viewed it as an online game ? the game?s not really being played right if it?s not online, so when we have that specific question of why are we allowing it? Because that?s the best experience, why would you want it any other way??
Seriously? Telling people how to play your game? That's ridiculous. I don't care if Blizzard thinks playing online is a better experience. I should be able to play offline if I want.

?You?ve got to make choices about what you want to do, and sometimes those choices are going to make some people unhappy, but if you feel like it?s what is the right thing to do to making a better product then you have to do it,? he says.

?An online experience is what we want to provide for this game. Every choice you make is going to omit some part of the audience. Some people don?t like fantasy games, so should we have not made Diablo a fantasy game, because some people don?t like that? Some people don?t like barbarians. Should we not have put a barbarian in the game because some people don?t like it??
"Some people don?t like fantasy games, so should we have not made Diablo a fantasy game, because some people don?t like that?" What great logic.

?If we allow an Offline mode, it changes the structure of the data that we have to put on the user?s system. Essentially we would have to put our server architecture onto the client so that it can run its own personal server. Doing that essentially is one of the reasons why Diablo 2 was a much easier game to hack than obviously any other game you?d mention and so it?s what led to extensive cheating and item dupes and things like that.?
Something from the first link: "Create the option to create an entirely offline character. A character that can?t then be imported into an online game, one that can?t invite others to join in. That way any of the concerns about those finding ways to artificially improve their characters and then dominate online (something that really doesn?t seem a massive issue in opt-in co-op, but there we are) are removed, and anyone who just wants to solo the game can do so."

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
endtherapture said:
Nope i'm not going to buy it.

I was really considering it, even after the art style change, but the microtransactions, always online etc. etc. have really bugged me. I don't agree with many of the concepts they're putting in the game so I'm not going to play it.
This. I can't bring myself to purchase a singleplayer game when it forces me to be online at all times. Pirates are going to have this games DRM cracked in a day and then they won't have to play online at all. Another case of the pirates getting the better version of the game for free. I loved D2, but I won't tolerate DRM.

cgmetallica1981 said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/22/how-diablo-iiis-drm-will-affect-you/
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/22/diablo-3-lead-designer-on-lack-of-offline-mode-the-game%E2%80%99s-not-really-being-played-right-if-it%E2%80%99s-not-online/
Those two articles got me from on the fence to not buying. Especially the second link, how can somebody say that?
On the second link. If you're playing it "Wrong" if you play it singleplayer...DON'T FUCKING INCLUDE IT.

thelastmccabe

Jun 23, 2011
I'll buy it to play with my brothers pretty much at release. But it's galling how dishonest they are about why offline play won't be permitted. It's to try to stop pirates. How stupid do they think people are? (Really stupid apparently).

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Nay, my net is to crap to play it.
I really wish it had offline play but it's for the best.(for my wallet)

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Yeah, gonna buy it. Been waiting for sooo many years.. And don't care at all the always online thing.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
To be honest I'm on the fence, I dislike the decision to use always online DRM, and the reasons they gave for it.

Will probably buy it when its on special offer or something, but its now off of my 'will buy asap' list.

Direbaka

Jul 10, 2010
I will not buy this game for the same reasons (plus some) that I didn't buy starcraft 2. I *really* hate the idea of having to be online constantly to play a game single player. I deal with steam because I get games really cheap (still haven't purchased a steam-required game for full price). Even with steam there is an offline option, just a pain to get working at times.

Throw in this real money auction house (which honestly I wouldn't care 'cept is is most likely why they force the online only thing), and I tend to just think it isn't worth my time or money.

Besides... Torchlight 2 is coming out (god knows when) and I think I would rather pay 20 bucks for a game that has little/no DRM and lets me mod the hell out of it if I get bored with it. Now if they would just release it already.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I figure I may as well at least give it a go, seeing as how well designed it looks though I'd rather play HotS than Diablo III.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
Nah. They lost me with Always Online. Besides, they took so damn long and shit like Torchlight came along that vastly improved on anything they were showing us so D3 is gonna be just another generic iso hack and slash.
I may get it later on when its dirt cheap but considering its Blizzard and considering how much they charge for their games even years after they come out I doubt I will ever get it.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Nah. I was a big Diablo 1 and 2 fan back in their day but this always online auction house structure has removed what I enjoy most about Diablo and reduced it to a Korean F2P MMO that I have to pay $60 for initially. All they ever want to talk about are the auction house features, which leads me to believe there is nothing else "new" about this sequel to talk about. I have seen many gameplay videos and interviews. The story may advance to "another hero kills Diablo... or did s/he?" but that is where I left off anyways so I can wait for 4 even if it takes another 10 years.