I could use some help finding a particular book series.

vashthblackseed

Mar 31, 2011
As the title states I'm looking for a book series. Obviously I don't know the titles or author. This is what I do remember:

* When I read it, there were two maybe three books in the series. It was pretty clear the series wasn't finished by this point.
* In the story's past, a cult released a virus that did serious damage to the human population. It did the most harm to people not of mixed race. The virus's effects still marks many of the people in the present.
* The actions of the aforementioned cult results in the majority of the world distancing itself from and regulating all religions.
* The primary main character (PMC) is one such regulator and of course he is one of the best.
* The secondary main character (SMC) is a member of the military. She is one of the enhanced soldiers, who are stronger, faster and more resilient than normal people. She has been assigned to PMC as his bodyguard. I remember it mentioned that to even get a buzz from alcohol they have to consume large quantities quickly.
* The PMC has two ravens with which only he can see. They converse with him, sharing information and aiding him in small ways, all the while insisting that he make good on his end of the bargain.
* Turns out that all the old gods (Zeus, Thor, Morrigan and so on) are real. For some reasons they had faded from our world long ago, but now they are coming back and looking for champions, priests/priestess, etc.
* In the last book (I read) we learn that the deal the PMC made was with Odin to become a priest in order to save his life. At the very end of that book, the SMC is tricked into becoming Loki's champion.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I suppose this is a lost cause but i dont suppose you recall the authors name at all?

Also as a last ditch effort you may want to consult /lit/.