I do i go onto Xbox Live!?

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
You see all of those posts above the four you just made in five minutes? Those explained everything you needed to know... Several did. More than once...

Gado911

Apr 17, 2009
Ajna said:
You see all of those posts above the four you just made in five minutes? Those explained everything you needed to know... Several did. More than once...
So my only hope is a router?

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Gado911 said:
Is the ethernet cable just the cable that is used on a phone?
They're similar but no. Ethernet cables have larger plugs.

Find the ethernet cable that connects to your computer. Unplug it from your computer and plug it into your Xbox.

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
Gado911 said:
But my internet is satellite!
You could have said that in your original post.

Did you have to go to classes to work out how to be that awkward?

You went to a company and said "Hey i want the internet"
"Okay sir, we'll just fit you with a router"
"Nah you got anything more fiddly?"
"Ermm we can but a small box on your wall you just trawl wires into needlessly?"
"Oh noes thats far to simple Mr Internet, anything else? I want something really annoying"
"Connect you via satellite?"
"Oh yes lets do that, connecting to the internet magically via satellite seems to be the best idea all round for me, confuse anyone who tries to do anything"

If you connect wirelessly from your computer to satellite then your not going on xboxlive anytime soon.
Sorry about the weird text thing, just how my brain works.

Just get a router, be easily for you and im guessing cheaper.

Gado911

Apr 17, 2009
llamastorm.games said:
Gado911 said:

"Ermm we can but a small box on your wall you just trawl wires into needlessly?"
"Oh noes thats far to simple Mr Internet, anything else? I want something really annoying"
"Oh yes lets do that, connecting to the internet magically via satellite seems to be the best idea all round for me, confuse anyone who tries to do anything"

If you connect wirelessly from your computer to satellite then your not going on xboxlive anytime soon.
Sorry about the weird text thing, just how brain works.
Ok thx for telling me straight but can you answer one more thing if i buy a router then will it work?

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Specifically, you want a Cat-5, unless I'm mistaken. I believe there's a second variant (A Cat-e5? Something similar.), but by my understanding either will work. So if your router is too far away, you could just buy a longer one than the one included with you Xbox 360. If you have wireless, there are several products (one licensed, and several cheaper un-licensed ones) that you can buy to use wireless internet for. The licensed ones run at about 89.99 USD in my area, and the unlicensed ones are about 69.99-79.99.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Gado911 said:
llamastorm.games said:
Gado911 said:

Sorry about the weird text thing, just how brain works.
Ok thx for telling me straight but can you answer one more thing if i buy a router then will it work?
Unfortunately, unless you have a MODEM, no.