I don't play on a PC so suck it!

Cole Sauer

Aug 24, 2010
ive have a bunch of friends who play PC and they think that consoles are worse and so im like screw that but i also see that there are alot of reviewers who also use pc and im just wonadering... whats so special about PC?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
It's really just personal preference. I have a decent PC, a PS3 and a Wii and although I usually stick to the PC, they all have games that are worth playing.

Edit: The 360, used to have one, and it Red Ringed, so I sold the scrap and the games and bought a Wii instead.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
I guess modding, for some reason it makes....gaa.....gaaaaaamuhs.....gameeeeers.. feel superior to any non personal computer gaming folk.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Better graphics, the ability to mod, and player-run servers for multiplayer. But when it comes right down to it, I don't think either form of gaming is superior, and anyone who thinks one is superior to the other is full of it.

Also, to make it seem like you aren't flaming, I'd change that thread title.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
It has 101 buttons instead of 16.
You have to upgrade it every year instead of every 5-6 years.

...that's about it.

Sangreal Gothcraft

Feb 28, 2011
yeah....who cares? I have Wii, PC, and PS3...I use my PC more , due to games and i like playing SHooters with Mouse+Keyboard....and RPG's with those as well.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
you can do pretty much anything you want with a pc, with a console you can only do what they want you to do with it and even then you will probably have to pay to do allot of what you want, Im looking at you 360 wallpapers that you almost always have to pay for

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I like mouse and keyboard more then I do my controller. I just like PCs more in general then consoles. Nothing like taking a day to build and set up your system to make you feel like you earned the right to play some games. Could also do a lot more with games on my computer then I can with my 360.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Better aiming for FPS and RTSes, mods for games, smoother controls, you don't need to buy a new one, only upgrade every so often, like once a year if you know what you're doing so you never need to buy a brand new computer, plus they get cheaper games. Or at least they do in Britain, PC games in my area retail for about £30 new.

Downsides are you have to worry about system requirements, DRM and the thing possibly dying for no reason. But these are just an avid PC watchers observations of hanging out with a PC gamer for 7 years or so.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Oh, this should be fun. Safely tucked in my flameproof suit, I shall give you a few reasons.
1: Mods. It's easier to make, distribute, and play them on PC.
2: You probably already have a PC.
3: DLC is less of a pain in the ass, especially with services like steam.
4: You can be doing a million things at once on your PC as you game.
I'm sure others will have more and better reasons than I do, this is just what comes to mind for me. Enjoy your flamebait mod wrath.

Captcha: Apartheid; ielct. Captcha supports racism. Who would have guessed?

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I think it depends on your introduction to gaming. My house a PS1 before we ever got a computer and a PS2 before we had establsihed contact to the benevolent land of the interwhebz. Plus at that I age I was inmpatient and monumentally thick so the installation process and unintuitive controls would probably have steered me away anyway.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
User interface preference, Mods, Higher resolutions and framerates. Pretty simple.

But PC elitism is stupid too, because consoles provide things like simplification of needlessly complex controls, (usually) easier to read GUI. More relaxed atmosphere being built for multiple people to view action on screen instead. Less hassle with upgrades, driver conflictions, DX. etc.

Both have strengths and weaknesses, participating on either side is just trying to win an imaginary pissing contest.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Better aiming for FPS and RTSes, mods for games, smoother controls, you don't need to buy a new one, only upgrade every so often, like once a year if you know what you're doing so you never need to buy a brand new computer, plus they get cheaper games. Or at least they do in Britain, PC games in my area retail for about £30 new.

Downsides are you have to worry about system requirements, DRM and the thing possibly dying for no reason. But these are just an avid PC watchers observations of hanging out with a PC gamer for 7 years or so.
Pretty much all this. You have every right to not game on a PC but you can't deny it is an important part of the industry.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
PC Gamers and Console Gamers have been locked in this debate for how long?
People need to learn to be like me and some others when it comes to this, be a joint gamer and admit that Handheld, PC, and Console all have advantages and disadvantages all of which create a balance which equals everything out

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
In 4 years of having this computer I've changed the graphics card once. Beyond that I added a new hard drive and DVD drive, but didn't need to add either, those were simply for convenience. You really don't need to upgrade a PC very often at all. Still cheaper to own a console, but because graphics have really plateau'd recently, the whole PC's becoming obsolete in a year thing has really died.

TheBaron87

Jul 12, 2010
The PC is the only gaming platform where the gamers are in control. Every other platform spoon-feeds you whatever the platform owner has decided is ok to license, and only if they get a cut. The only reason Microsoft even made a console is because they realized how much money they screwed themselves out of by allowing open development on Windows. That very same open development is what makes it the best platform, but EVERY big-name business will try to convince you otherwise.

The big 3 will tell you to buy a console because it's easy and cheap, when building and maintaining a good PC isn't really that difficult or expensive at all, it just involves actually reading instructions and visiting a few tech geek sites for tips on how to keep a clean OS and a good first-time PC builder's guide. The hipster new-age electronics companies like Apple will tell you that PCs are a thing of the past and you should buy their mass-produced, closed-development, premium price crap because it's hip and new and the wave of the future. And even pre-built PC companies will try to convince you that there is no such thing as a custom PC and even if such fairy tale devices did exist THEY ARE DOING YOU A SERVICE BY GIVING YOU A WORKING PC OUT OF THE BOX. Then they charge 20%+ premiums for the service of building it for you and cut costs by giving you terrible 3rd-rate hardware with no technical support and loading up your OS with useless software scam artist companies pay them to include.

Basically, everyone but custom PC hardware manufacturers churn out as much anti-PC propaganda as possible because they don't want anyone to realize how badly they screwed up by allowing open development. Open development is a blessing, and you haven't gamed until you've chosen your own combination of independent instant message and voice services, launched a user-created mod of your favorite game, customized your own UI that perfectly fits your needs and style, and connected to a user-moderated dedicated server with those same group of guys you played with yesterday, forming new friendships and choosing your own rules.

That, my friend, is how bros play their games.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
Anyone who thinks one is superior to the other is full of it.
I'm an elitist bastard, but I ain't full of it.

Way I see it, the PC platform can let you sit back on a couch, with a wireless controller and a 42"-2560x1440, but added to that you get all the other functionality it provides.

I'll give you that it can be more expensive, but if you're European and buy more than 18 games a year, you can easily self-build a good PC, and keep it updated, for less cash than you save by buying for PC instead of Console.

And no, building your own PC does not require a massive amount of knowledge. Google is your friend, and YouTube exists for a reason. Plenty of places to get free quality assistance.

There's only one thing that a Console lets you do that PCs don't do, which is split-screen play.

The PC is perfectly capable of it though.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
PCs have better multiplayer, graphics, modabilty, and Steam. But it is slightly more expensive. I don't do PC Gaming any more since I don't have a good computer for it and would rather not use my brothers if anything bad happened.