I don't understand what people find so attractive about women. What is it and why?

Logiclul

Sep 18, 2011
Things that matter to me:

Personality (are they nice, social)
Intelligence (I know a typical blond girl; wouldn't date her for the life of me)
Who 'they are'(they like sports? different types of wood[lol]? philosophy?)

Things that don't matter to me:

How they look (coming from a guy, I know this is going to be shot down as a lie; but it really isn't. If a girl is 'hot' I'm more likely to meet her and talk to her, but to be totally honest, most overweight girls are obnoxious or insecure to the point where it's ridiculous. Pure coincidence though.)

Their friends/family (not thinking about the longterm initially, don't have to worry about that).

Hopefully that helps you out on your quest! Guys are more 'hard'; as in we act tough to each other, and don't let our guard down. As a general rule that is a good thing because if your guard is always down, you're going to get screwed. Girls are people to talk, laugh, and just relax with for guys; and while I could do kind of that with my guy friends, it isn't the same; as we still have that indescriptive guard up.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
To sum it all up, boobs, skin, and pleasure.

You like being hugged by the ones you love, right?
Humans generally enjoy the feeling of skin on skin and, when they look at someone they like, imagine getting close to them and having sex. Thus they imagine themselves experiencing an inexplicable amount of pleasure.

For women in particular, breasts usually have a soft-cushion/baloony like feel that enhances the amount of pleasure one imagines and they also have an organ specifically built for having sex with a male. (Although it's not like other organs can't be used or that it needs to be used that way)

Essentially, a guy usually sees the female body as easy access to pleasure and a female usually views the male body in the same way. However, personalities and other looks or blemishes that may cause the experience of pleasure to be potentially lessened also affect how attracted someone is to another person.

TL;DR: Men and women are like two pieces of a puzzle, and it feels good to imagine them fitting together.

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
LilithSlave said:
It's biological, and it's not a choice, but that doesn't mean that there's not a conscious element to it, as well.

Of course, I don't understand having a sexual preference for women or men, as a bisexual. But women do seem to be wholly overrated.

Good lord look at all the beauty products made for women. And how many words there are out there trying to claim that women are beautiful. I've even read/heard people say that "women are just plain more beautiful than men, period", like no matter your sexuality, a male just isn't as attractive as a female. ... what?
It makes sense that you feel this way because you're bisexual, your biological wiring didn't give you preference to either side, which is probably why you wonder this. Also I don't know too many people who find physical attractive qualities with themselves, and are usually just confident and have good self esteems, which is another reason, you being a woman, wouldn't see what men find attractive in women.

There's no such thing as objective beauty, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, and we all have different preferences. But biologically we're generally hardwired to find desirable traits with the opposite sex, so that our offspring can survive and reproduce. Subconsciously, when we look at big boobs and wide hips, it's a sign of fertility, and the fact that the woman is sexually attractive, there is a good chance that then the offspring will be sexually attractive so THEY can reproduce when they grow up.

I happen to think the makeup industry is ridiculous, I don't like the amount of makeup that women wear, I think most women look more naturally pretty without it.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
What I find attractive about women is the fact that they aren't men. And that might sound weird at first, but my internal reasoning behind that is. . . well, I'm a man, so I already am familiarized with the male anatomy, which basically makes the female anatomy incredibly fascinating.

Also, the fact that females are beings, they are solid and tangible, just as I am. . . huh, to be honest, I don't know how to word it. To me, an attractive girls mere existence drives me crazy.

I can tell this sounds super fucking weird, but it's the first time I've ever tried to formulate into words these concepts; I'll make it make sense some day.

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
HassEsser said:
What I find attractive about women is the fact that they aren't men. And that might sound weird at first, but my internal reasoning behind that is. . . well, I'm a man, so I already am familiarized with the male anatomy, which basically makes the female anatomy incredibly fascinating.

Also, the fact that females are beings, they are solid and tangible, just as I am. . . huh, to be honest, I don't know how to word it. To me, an attractive girls mere existence drives me crazy.

I can tell this sounds super fucking weird, but it's the first time I've ever tried to formulate into words these concepts; I'll make it make sense some day.
I agree with you, if I had to put it into words about my feelings and thought process, it would be this.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
LilithSlave said:
I mean, I know I like the colour blue because it seems calming and reminds me of the water, and I like to swim.
But why do you prefer a sense of calming and being reminded of water? Other people would prefer red because it seems angry and reminds them of fire, peoples heads work differently. Whether you like the answer or not, it is really all biological, most men find women extremely attractive because they have a base need to procreate, so the brain creates the urge out of that need. It's all about keeping the species going at the most base level. You are over-thinking it, it really is this simple, build levels on top of the thought if you want but at the end of the day it all comes down to how you are wired.

As for why men find certain types of women attractive, well that is just a product of the environment you grow up in, if a certain type of women is shown to be attractive most will learn it as such.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
LilithSlave said:
It's biological, and it's not a choice, but that doesn't mean that there's not a conscious element to it, as well.

Of course, I don't understand having a sexual preference for women or men, as a bisexual. But women do seem to be wholly overrated.

Good lord look at all the beauty products made for women. And how many words there are out there trying to claim that women are beautiful. I've even read/heard people say that "women are just plain more beautiful than men, period", like no matter your sexuality, a male just isn't as attractive as a female. ... what?
That is kind of a weird meme, yes. My own guess is that since gracefulness and smooth, curved lines are classical feminine ideals, it's easier for the layperson to appreciate the beauty of a woman.

At least, that's the idea. Those qualities aren't present in all women (and those women may still be beautiful and intriguing), and some men will have them as well (and those men may still be ugly and boring). People probably just say it because they like women and can't quite wrap their heads around the concept of anyone not liking women. To be honest, this is difficult for me too. You ask "why do you find women attractive?" and I think "because they are".

I am only attracted to women (and men who have the fortune to look exactly like women, I guess). This process is somewhere else in my brain, so I can't do anything but speculate on why that is.

LilithSlave said:
As I have many memories I associate positively with these often light blues and greens, due to the memories of fresh fruits and happy swimming, my mind associates these colours with healthiness and vibrance.
This path is endless.

What is it about fresh fruit you find appeeling and why?

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
I'm not sure what anyone can say other that "We're genetically programmed to." It's like asking "Why is poop so repulsive?" or "Why is being cold unpleasant?. If we didn't think this way, we'd never have sex/eat our own poop/freeze to death.

Also:

h[/youtube]

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
HassEsser said:

I think you may be trying to explain this in too much detail. Simply we find enjoyment in what is different to us (beyond anatomy I might add), and women among other things can fill that need. They are something new and different to us, they see the world in a different way than we usually do, in a sense they are able to give us a new perspective on everything.

And then there is you know the whole reproduction to keep the species alive, that's kind of important.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
LilithSlave said:
Because some people seem to act as if women are somehow universally beautiful, aside from even sexual orientation or anything. And billions of dollars are spent on highlighting women's supposed "objective beauty". And it feels weird, I don't get it. What's so beautiful about females? I, for one, don't see any kind of objective beauty in the woman. Heck, I don't even see what people think is some "beautiful" or "pretty" about women.
It's not objective. We're just made to believe it is. You see, if women are meant to be beautiful, then women who aren't inherently beautiful will try to become beautiful. That's why billions of dollars are spent on highlighting "beauty". If you highlight "beauty", and women do not have this "beauty", you can market products to them to achieve the "beauty".

And it works in reverse. Guys who view the billion-dollar "beauty" will believe that women are beautiful, or that other women are not beautiful, whatever the case may be. You aren't being sold the idea of female beauty because it's some sort of universal truth. You're being sold the idea of female beauty so that money can be made from it in some form later on. The same thing goes for the money spent on portraying men as inherently strong and muscular. That's going to get someone to buy home fitness equipment or a gym membership somewhere down the line because, obviously, not all men are strong and muscular (and thank god for that because I like my guys to have a little squish).

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Er, as far as the perception that women are "beautiful," and men are some quality "x" that is synonymous with beautiful but more "manly" (perhaps handsome?)... that is purely cultural.

Other cultures had statues of beautiful men and talked about beautiful boys and it wasn't seen as weird.

You said you found it "illogical." That's because it is.

I suppose people find men attractive because of a particular angle of the jaw or body composition. Whether those qualities outweigh the course hair that grows on their backs and in their ass cracks is purely up to the individual.

Er, what I mean is, you ask for a logical, reasoned answer, and there is none to provide.

Jumendez-sama

May 19, 2010
It is how guys evolved and adapted to.
I'm guessing that the whole vagina thing is necessary for the making of the baby, while the breasts signify development, which would help with the whole making babies thing.
Attraction is nothing more than a motivation for men to do women. The more favorable the reproductive conditions, the higher the attraction would be.

But where this topic will go depends on what you define as "beautiful" or "pretty" let alone if you can even define them. I will say that there probably is nothing "objective" about it, so you won't get an "objective" reason. "Objective beauty" to me seems like a marketing ploy more than anything to give it a false complexity, which people seem to like even if they can't derive anything from it other than "It's all complex and stuffs :3"

LoneWanderer19

Nov 28, 2011
Well, It's not a matter of like and dislike. It's not a two way street. There's different degrees of attraction.

Body appeal, companion appeal and social appeal.

Body appeal is liking women for their bodies. Or to boldly put it, for sex. I blame the testosterone.... (lol)

Companion appeal is where someone wants someone to share the trials of life with. To have someone there that will always compare.

While on the social aspect, it's comparable to liking hip-hop (for example). One person could say that they like it because they like the sound of it, another could say they like it because it's popular or that someone else likes it. So its just liking women because "every other man likes women."

But this applies to everything,not just women, so really the topic is "I don't understand what people find so attractive about that thing that they like"

People will always have different views on everything, and its hard to understand why because of different social and physical upbringings.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Gmans uncle said:
But then again, I'm a little weird about who I'm attracted to. (Example: If you where to ask me which celebrity I find most attractive of either sex I'd say Sonny Moore AKA Skrillex)
So maybe I'm a bad example :p
It's a bit off topic and I hope this is okay but I just had to jut in for one post and say OH MY GOD ME TOO.

I don't know much about his personality, but a pair of eyes like that, to attempt to explain it, something about the shape or expression, I wish I knew the best way to describe them, somehow conveys to me a kind of approachability or sensitivity.

Actually, I think that's a part of why I'm bisexual, as well. I honestly care more about personality, but when it comes to the shallow stuff, it seems like what drags me in are a cute pair of eyes, not the body. A cute pair of eyes or a nice smile or facial expression or a good personality is something the exists within all genders. And I like faces better, particularly eyes, because I feel that they convey some kind of emotion or thought. I could stare at a pair of breasts all day and never get any of a person's thoughts or emotions out of it. Facial expressions can be deceiving sometimes maybe, but at least it seems to give the illusion that you can tell what someone is thinking if you can't. A sensation that causes attraction. An approachable look or a look that portrays some kind of nice personality trait or mood can be very attractive.

Or at least, I don't think men and women have much different eyes, do they?

I don't know how appropriate or even allowed it is to go into gross sexual detail. But maybe I should try just for proof of the fact I can do it. I hope you'll forgive how gross I'm being and it's all okay.

I'm a bisexual, but I'll have to admit that I'm more attracted to the male reproductive organs more than female. I can be attracted to women, but there are limits. I can't imagine how any man wants to put their face anywhere near the inside of a woman's extra hole, that bleeds constantly and on a regular basis. Furthermore, I don't understand the fixation many men have with shaving genitals. I hear little of people saying men should shave their genitals. And that's ironic, because I would think, the more that shields you from the inside of a person's vagina the better. You know, a nice veil of pubic hair to veil that weird looking hole. You know, that pees and bleeds and often looks like it has veins and strands of weird pink and purple. At least the penis looks like the color of a person's skin generally. The vagina looks like a hole in the body. Like, literally, the inside of everyone's body is usually pretty awful and creepy looking. Most people don't like watching videos of people's intestines, but what makes a woman's reproductive organs much different looking? I would think that someone who liked vaginas would want to be a dentist or something, because it seems like it would be an awful lot like getting up close and personal with people's throats and stuff. The penis actually looks like skin and stuff, so I can understand being attracted to it. But the vagina looks like a coral reef.

Which I can understand men not minding if they're just putting their penis in a hole and they don't have to think about what it looks like. But you know, it's just another hole, there are plenty where that came from on both men and women. And a mark of being a heterosexual men or lesbian woman or whatever, seems to be liking to get your face right up in that thing, no pubic hair or anything. To me that seems like wanting to put your tongue in a creepy dungeon full of snakes and bats and horrible gross monsters. Why do you want to go in that thing? Especially not without a torch and proper equipment.

God, that was a gross amount of sexual detail. You can hardly avoid such explanations in a topic like this, though.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Freakout456 said:
I think you may be trying to explain this in too much detail. Simply we find enjoyment in what is different to us (beyond anatomy I might add), and women among other things can fill that need. They are something new and different to us, they see the world in a different way than we usually do, in a sense they are able to give us a new perspective on everything.
Eh, I don't. . . I don't know about that. Sure, they're bodies are different, and that's just grand, but they're perspectives are really about as different as any other person's would be, and it's hardly a persons perspective I'm attracted to.
TheECP said:
I agree with you, if I had to put it into words about my feelings and thought process, it would be this.
Phew, I'm glad I aint by myself with that then, I thought I might be crazy (although, it might be that we're BOTH crazy ;P ).

saucecode

Jul 30, 2011
Lol, this is actually a pretty funny read.
You guys really like the whole "wired" thing.

Necroid_Neko

Nov 24, 2011
At some point during our early intellectual evolution, man started worshpping gods, and since women basically create children from nothing we became, in a way, incarnations of said gods. This 'respect' has been tempered through the centuaries to become 'beauty', and it's a changing thing. In the middle ages, stouter women were considered more beutiful as they were percieved as being able to carry children better, the same is seen in the 1950's when women with wide hips were sought after.
In reply to your question 'why fat on the chest and none anywhere else', OP, it's just a cultural phase we're going through. Although, properly obese women (and men for that matter) will probbaly never be viewed as 'beautiful' because we are enetically prgramed to seek healthy partners to ensure our offspring's health and survival, and being very fat isn't healthy in any way.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Like everyone else said.

Genetics. The need to reproduce is a big factor (Why aren't there many gay animals?), and I think a little bit of culture.

I like cute girls. Certain features on girls are appealing to me.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Because what mens ultimate goal is to have babies, and women make babies. We may not think we want them but the the point of sexual attraction and such, is to make babies.