I don't understand what people find so attractive about women. What is it and why?

Zuljiin

Apr 1, 2009
This thread is terrible and you should feel terrible. We're wired to find the opposite sex attractive (as a majority, anyway) because otherwise, and this is the real Christmas pisser, there wouldn't be any children.

OBJECTIVELY what's beautiful? Nothing. We're all hairless monkey people and OBJECTIVELY both men and women aren't pretty. Find me a proper definition of beauty and I'll applaud you. Beauty isn't measurable and this makes this thread a terrible thread.

You also seem to hint that men are somehow "better" than women in your original post:

"But me, I don't get what's so attractive about women. What do women have that men don't?"

That's where you lost me. That's where this turned from moderately stupid to outright retarded. What does that even mean? Men and women have VASTLY different body structure inherently and to most people, this difference in body structure can mean the difference between unattractive and attractive.

Kalado

I'm in Spaaaaaaaace
May 6, 2009
Because a womens body makes my weewee go up and that feels nice.
Thread resolved lets go.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
LilithSlave said:
But I seriously just feel dumbfounded. Feel free to make your own about men. But me, I don't get what's so attractive about women. What do women have that men don't? A vagina? What's so great about those? It's just another hole, a particular hole, that, if anything, is constantly under threat of being pregnant. A situation that is often disadvantageous to everyone involved. Boobs? What's so great about boobs? They're flabby sacks of fat that flap around. If you like boobs, are you attracted to man-boobs? Because I can't tell much of a difference except for that one is on a male and one is on a female.
I'll agree with you on the vagina part for a start, they're not exactly the best looking things on the planet, heck I'd offer that as an argument against intelligent design, there is no way in hell a loving god designed that...thing, or if he did, he was fucking out of his skull.

Anyway, I'd say looking at it as objectively as possible (I'm a straight male for data's sake), women are just... better designed for want of a better word, men are blocky, hairy and grunty, and a lot of women I know although straight will say that they prefer the look of women to men. I dunno, women are curvy and have a better body form than men, in gaming terms men essentially are 10 years graphically inferior and lack anti aliasing. Plus we're covered in fur. I will say however, I find penises less disgusting than vaginas, they're just a bit of flesh, whereas vaginas look like some sort of hideous wound.

On the boob front, I'm far and away a boob man but women are supposed to have boobs and develop them naturally, they're also there for feeding purposes, which also grow larger when you're pregnant. Plus they're soft and cuddly.

Man boobs are NOTHING, NOTHING like female breasts, that argument annoys the crap out of me, men have hairy chests, moobs are are a different shape to breasts and they don't have any perk to them what so ever. If you think moobs and breasts are the same, you must be blind and have no sense of touch anywhere in your body.

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
Its something to do with men's brains, we get a massive jolt of pleasure hormones just be looking at pretty ladies, even fully dressed. I think its 10 times more powerful drug then in women's brains.

So seeing an attractive woman is like feeding a minor addiction. The bits we don't get to see and the parts that accentuate what makes the silhouette hot (curves) are therefore the biggest dose for us men.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
go to google,
go to images,
type "epic boobs"
???
profit

do not question it, just enjoy!!!!!

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
LilithSlave said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Short answer: We're programmed to find members of the opposite sex attractive (well, unless you're wired differently, but hey, I don't judge).
Like I said in the OP, I anticipated such a response, but such a simple answer isn't really what I'm asking.

Surely there's some kind of thought process.

Again, I'm always hearing this sort of response but it doesn't really answer the question at all. I mean, it's the root reason why people are attracted to different things, different wiring. But it doesn't explain what exactly goes through the mind about different stuff. Saying that "it's just programming" just doesn't tell you near enough. It more avoids answering the question that actually answers it.

Furthermore, some stuff about attraction seems downright shallow anyway. Not dating people because they're fat? Come on.
some of it goes down to personal likes, like the curves of a female. And its just like goldilocks, everyone has a just right setting. But the programming involved is simple. People tend to be attracted to things that mean the woman is possibly a better chance at reproduction, and her genes might produce better offspring. bright, lovely eyes, a good complexion, shiny hair, healthy, unmarred breasts, slightly wider hips than males, all point to her possibly having good genes and being healthy enough to give birth.
Its partially why makeup was invented. For religious reasons, and to highlight and accentuate the woman's body. Blush to create that youthful flush. Eye liner to show off eyes. That sort of thing.

Its instinctual to want to carry on your genes with the most healthy woman that will accept affections.
You seem to be um. Wired differently. Happens :p

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
LilithSlave said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Short answer: We're programmed to find members of the opposite sex attractive (well, unless you're wired differently, but hey, I don't judge).
Like I said in the OP, I anticipated such a response, but such a simple answer isn't really what I'm asking.

Surely there's some kind of thought process.

Again, I'm always hearing this sort of response but it doesn't really answer the question at all. I mean, it's the root reason why people are attracted to different things, different wiring. But it doesn't explain what exactly goes through the mind about different stuff. Saying that "it's just programming" just doesn't tell you near enough. It more avoids answering the question that actually answers it.

Furthermore, some stuff about attraction seems downright shallow anyway. Not dating people because they're fat? Come on.
It is that simple. Humans aren't much different than other animals there.

Peacocks got feathers that attract females. They find healthy feather to be a sign of healthy genes which they want to transfer to their offspring.
Some animals find attraction in behaviour that shows off their good sides, sticklefish builds houses and dance.
Most of evolution is about transferring genes. Thus we are programmed to find features that are attractive in our mate even when they make no sense.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
LilithSlave said:
Well, I've tried to figure out what's so nice about, say, boobs and the like.

But every time I do, I can't seem to see what's more to them other than just being another piece of fat on the body.

And most perplexing about this, is that people who often say boobs make women beautiful and the like, also say things like "fat women are ugly". I could understand if the logic behind liking boobs was, "I like soft bodies", but the same people don't seem to like fat anywhere else.

It escapes me. Fat on the chest? Ok. Fat on the tummy? Not ok. Huh? What's the difference?
Boobs aren't made of fat, they're soft flesh with a lump in them that contains the 'milk-factory' and have a nipple on the end.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Genetic programming. Besides, compared to dudes a rock is attractive. So there's that.

We guys look at females and think "wow, she's cuter than fred and that sheep... Attractive!" Pretty simple. The next logical step would be:
"Female is attractive... Must stick dick in it!"

It's not as complicated as you think it is. It could be a hereditary trait. All the men who weren't attracted to females died out, leaving only (mostly) heterosexual males with ridiculous sex drives. Because, back in the day, a strong sex drive was the only way to get you some. If you were only kinda interested in some tail... You wouldn't risk getting into a beat down with your brother Urgaf, who happened to actually want sex.

Now that sex isn't entirely based on *pounds chest* manliness, we see a rise in "sissy" types. Just a theory, mind you. Not really sure if it holds any water.

And, like my predecessors in the comments above, BOOBS. Your argument is now invalid. Google it if you're not sure. Yes, google boobs.

MehdiAkbar

Nov 28, 2011
It's a freudian thing. Our first sustenance was from the breast, and we start seeing pleasure in it once our hormones kick in.

Now, you might be asking "What about people who are attracted to men? They don't like breasts/women" Well, I just don't get those people. As a straight male, I have absolutely no idea what women see in us, and I'm pretty sure that one day, all women will realize how gross and hairy and smelly men are and how fucking weird the penis is and all turn gay.

You don't know what we see in women? I don't see what everybody else sees in men.

Mar 9, 2010
The same reason everything is attractive, because it's attraction. Attraction doesn't need to make any logical sense and to try and rationalise it is just fucking stupid. You need to simply accept that people find other people attractive and leave it at that. There isn't some higher reason behind it all, it's everything from your life pooled together that creates who you find attractive.

Attraction can be completely irrational and can be anomalous to what you previously found attractive, you just have to sit back and let that happen.

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
I for one can see a woman and find her beautiful, while I am physically attracted to men.

I'm not entierly sure of whether you are looking for my opinon on what I find attractive or why women are considered to be walking concepts of beauty.

I will give you my theory on the second though:

I believe that when you think about thing that classically defined as beutiful I think believe you will find "grace" to be a rather common factor.
as how we find the prance of a horse to beutiful, or the graceful shape of a cat, or the soft swiftness in the movments of a doe.

Grace is a trait that often is defined as feminine.

softness is another factor you will find in beauty. when you work with design and are asked to make something conceptually "beatiful", soft and wavely shapes and lines is usually used to achieve this, the shapes of a female body too is softer than the shapes of a male body, therefor softness = female trait.

these are factor I have considered while working with art anw, but may not be universally true, and the idea that women are beutiful by definition is wierd to me since in reality this is far from true.

for what I can find beautiful with a woman is that women seems more imaginative with what to do with their bodies to be aestethically pleasing to watch, most men seems to be less inspired to do the same, even though men certainly can be just as pleasing to the eye as a women, most women just as men looks pretty meh when not worked with.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
As a hetero guy I find women attractive. My standards are different from most people's, however.

Turn-offs for me that seem to be turn-ons for most guys include: fake hair color, ridiculous boob-jobs (modest ones are okay), lip injections, scandalously revealing clothing, too much makeup, perilous skinniness from drastic dieting, face/body piercings, lingerie, tattoos (especially tramp stamps - yeuk!), and high-heeled shoes.

I guess you could say I prefer a natural, practical look. This is because I find women who don't feel they have to engage society's notions of beauty to be more attractive than those who follow the mainstream. I want someone who knows who she is, not someone who's trying to be something more pleasing. I am honest, modest, practical, quiet, and don't give two shits for society's opinions, so I find those traits attractive. Give me a librarian, not a party girl.

Yes, I know that's a generalization. Opinions usually are. No doubt many women consider their pierced nostrils part of their identities, and are doing it to please themselves, not society. To me, a nostril stud just looks like a shiny booger. There is simply no way I could ever find it attractive. Like most fads it is ill-conceived and will be thought of as garish and humorous after its time has gone. (Remember the mullet?) I don't do fads and my woman shouldn't either.

I agree women are overrated, especially beautiful ones. Not going on a rant, although the temptation to do so is certainly present. How can I put this..... Butterflies might be pretty to look at in a field, but up close I can see they're just another kind of bug. I don't need one in my home just because they're pretty.

drummond13

Apr 28, 2008
Amaror said:
drummond13 said:
Honestly? You don't sound bisexual. At all. I don't mean this in a bad way; many of my friends are gay. But I've never met a heterosexual or bisexual male who would even ask themselves the question you are posing, let alone this forum.
I don't think the Thread opener is a male...
Heh. Whoops. :)

My first sentence stands: still doesn't sound bisexual.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Vaginas are not beautifull, If we're honest, They're fucking brutal looking.

I think its the femininity that I find attractive.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
This isn't really a deep or philosophical question to be honest.

Men are attracted to women because we're genetically programmed to be (otherwise none of us would be here to be having this discussion).

You could theoretically have a deeper reason more associated with reasoning and introspection as to why you're attracted to a particular woman but as for women in general, the answer is genetic (and vice versa for why women are attracted to men).

When it comes to bisexuality, I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that it's that same genetic attraction initially but now it's not inhibited by gender (at least that's my guess at how that would work).