I give up

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
ad3m1 said:
TheMatt said:
Teh Ty said:
And that's why I have a Mac.
Yes, because nothing will be more fun then watching all your mates play Starcraft 2 on a PC while you make trendy videos about how awesome the mac culture is.
Because Starcraft 2 isn't coming to mac... oh wait...
Okay, then how about you play Crysis or FEAR 2 or Far Cry 2 on Mac.

Oh, sorry, YOU CAN'T. But you can make a nice video about how you can do anything on your Mac that you can on a PC. Except that you can't.

Also, Macs also get targeted by hackers. It's just that more people use Windows, so people focus on hacking that OS.

ad3m1

Sep 9, 2008
Abedeus said:
ad3m1 said:
TheMatt said:
Teh Ty said:
Yes, because nothing will be more fun then watching all your mates play Starcraft 2 on a PC while you make trendy videos about how awesome the mac culture is.

Oh, sorry, YOU CAN'T. But you can make a nice video about how you can do anything on your Mac that you can on a PC. Except that you can't.

Also, Macs also get targeted by hackers. It's just that more people use Windows, so people focus on hacking that OS.
Oh- but I can bootcamp my mac to play those things (As I have done. And it works wonders. Oh the power of using a machine wisely).

So I can get the best of both worlds. Play Crysis, Fear, Far Cry, ETC - and then switch over to the mac and make awesome videos about how people make horribly ignorant posts- thinking their more important than they really are so they can feed their E-Peen. Its an amazing thing!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
ad3m1 said:
Abedeus said:
ad3m1 said:
TheMatt said:
Teh Ty said:

Oh- but I can bootcamp my mac to play those things (As I have done. And it works wonders. Oh the power of using a machine wisely).

So I can get the best of both worlds. Play Crysis, Fear, Far Cry, ETC - and then switch over to the mac and make awesome videos about how people make horribly ignorant posts- thinking their more important than they really are so they can feed their E-Peen. Its an amazing thing!
But then you are not really playing ON your Mac. You are switching to something that can. You can't actually play those games on a Mac.

Also, it's so extremely funny (and sad at the same time) that a zealous Mac defender claims Windows users boost their E-Peen. I don't think we are the ones making all the "Windows vs Mac" videos... At least, not a half of them.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
If hackers are working on breaking into things, then I'd of thought they'd be working on shutting up the rather Smug iGeneration and their cries of "We're immune to hackers".
Being the untouchable platform puts Mac users at a greater disadvantage probably.

OnTopic: I'm not overly concerned with this little snippet of news, It's something I thought people would have been able to do anyway. I don't find this overly enlightening.
On the reaction-o-meter this rates as a:
"Oh"

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
Teh Ty said:
I know you've already had a few responses, so I don't mean to run you into the ground when I say this, but macs aren't unhackable. The only reason that people thought they were is because practically nobody owned macs, so hackers didn't waste their time making viruses for them. Now that macs are rising in popularity, many more viruses are being made. I heard that there was a competition to see how quickly someone could hack a mac, and the winner only took 10 seconds. (I heard this on the sxephil show on youtube, but I don't think he cites the source. Sorry).

ad3m1

Sep 9, 2008
Abedeus said:
ad3m1 said:
Abedeus said:
ad3m1 said:
TheMatt said:
Teh Ty said:

But then you are not really playing ON your Mac. You are switching to something that can. You can't actually play those games on a Mac.

Also, it's so extremely funny (and sad at the same time) that a zealous Mac defender claims Windows users boost their E-Peen. I don't think we are the ones making all the "Windows vs Mac" videos... At least, not a half of them.
I'd like to point out that in this thread alone- a PC user believed Starcraft 2 wasn't platformed for MAC. Pretty sure its common knowledge of that statement being wrong but... whatever. No one defended the mac- but simply corrected his error. And THEN someone else defended the PC- showing off their oh-so-awesome ability to play a few games (most of which I don't care for and can play on an xbox *shrugs*). If anything its my right to defend something that is so commonly known while the "PC" user nervously makes jabs at a perfectly working OS. And sure I have to run windows XP on my mac to play those games- my point was not to show that I couldn't play it on the Mac OS- but that it has the capability to have the best of both worlds. Seriously- keep proving my points. I appreciate it in full ^_^.

TheMatt

Jan 26, 2009
ad3m1 said:
Abedeus said:
ad3m1 said:
Abedeus said:
ad3m1 said:
TheMatt said:
Teh Ty said:

I'd like to point out that in this thread alone- a PC user believed Starcraft 2 wasn't platformed for MAC. Pretty sure its common knowledge of that statement being wrong but... whatever. No one defended the mac- but simply corrected his error. And THEN someone else defended the PC- showing off their oh-so-awesome ability to play a few games (most of which I don't care for and can play on an xbox *shrugs*). If anything its my right to defend something that is so commonly known while the "PC" user nervously makes jabs at a perfectly working OS. And sure I have to run windows XP on my mac to play those games- my point was not to show that I couldn't play it on the Mac OS- but that it has the capability to have the best of both worlds. Seriously- keep proving my points. I appreciate it in full ^_^.
Admittedly I did not make myself clear but I never claimed that SC 2 was not being platformed for the mac, what is happening is that the release date for it is 6 months after the release for the PC.

So there.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
ad3m1 said:
Abedeus said:
ad3m1 said:
Abedeus said:
ad3m1 said:
TheMatt said:
Teh Ty said:

Argh, almost looked like a nice discussion. Yet here we have a delirious Mac fan...

Yes, he believed Starcraft 2 isn't for Mac. But you started the "My OS is superior" by saying "And that's why I have a Mac".

Also, I am not nervous. Because you have a shitload of the "Oh hello PC, why are you being retarded here?" videos that are as true as most of the stereotypes about the Russians. It's not I who has to make a Versus videos to feel superior.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Wind it up dude you started it by making a comment that effectively said I have a Mac so I can't get hacked. The statement was wrong from the get go and the rest that followed was a snowball of retard. Besides this 'news' is about as scary as putting on a pair of socks. If you want something to shit your pants about then this is the thing you should be looking at.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/39825?t51hb

This is a three fold worry in that it is an attack that could occur on a low level hardware level and doesn't require a physical presence to do it.

The information is being made public so if the guys who use these exploits didn't know about it they soon will do.

Intel have been aware of the flaw in their CPUs for almost half a decade and have done nothing to resolve it and as far as anyone knows their is no way to resolve it through software and that includes the new I7s, perhaps a hack job BIOS mod might do it.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Kukul said:
Is this really new? I thought the infamous Chernobyl virus could mess your BIOS up (and it's like 10 years old). But I might be wrong.
Not really. That virus was aimed to disrupt your BIOS, but not gain access to it. Could still do some damage, though.

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
I remember the Big Red worm from 2003. It would turn my computer back on whenever I shut it off.

And ENOUGH with the mac/pc bitching. I think we all can admit that no system is safe. That includes mobile operating systems and Linux.