I got six games on Steam, which to play first?

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Definitely portal (1 and 2), it's a fun puzzle game that I think everyone who even has a slight interest in games should play (hell, my sister even played it and she thoroughly enjoyed it and she is far from a gamer).

Costia

Jul 3, 2011
portal 1 first
i wouldn't play both portal games one after the other. might get boring

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
One note: KotOR is amazing, and was one of my favorite games, but it is incredible slow paced.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Go through the Portal games first.

They're relatively short, but amazing games. The others I either don't know about, or know for certain they'll be pretty big time sinks depending on how in to it you are.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
Start with Aquaria and move to JC2. That way if you get bored with 2d you'll have plenty of enjoyment parachuting round in JC2. KOTOR will eat your freetime like a glutton. I'd say start that next and jump to the Portals when you need a break as those don't take long to zoom thru.

The games you'll drop and pick back up again are likely JC2 and KOTOR, so they don't need to get started first.

Captcha: ducknote beg,

Jacking

Dec 24, 2010
Portal 1 & 2 are musts. I hear good things about Just Cause 2, so I would suggest that next.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Go with Portal and Portal 2 first. They're the shortest games on that list so you should just go ahead and finish them.

Then install KoTOR and Just Cause 2. Just Cause 2 will probably give you the most replay value because the world is massive and a lot of fun messing around. Play Kotor and then whenever you get bored with the combat switch over to Just Cause 2 to get your fill of explosions. Switch between them in this fashion until you've finished Kotor. Once that's finished play Deus Ex.

I didn't find Aquaria to be particularly interesting, so you might as well play that last.

nyttyn

Sep 9, 2008
Portal, then lead into Portal 2.
The day you play them, it will be the most important day in your life. But for Chell, it will only be tuesday.

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
Play Deus Ex first simply because it has by far the worst graphics of the games mentioned and yet is still an awesome game. The game can be a bit hard to get into because you can't really aim that well in the beginning but as you get later in the game you can get much more skill full and stronger able to do stealth, hacking, shooting, etc as multiple ways to get through levels. Deus EX is pretty long but also pretty damn replayble.

KOTOR is good but not as good as Deus Ex. Fairly long game, the beginning part can drag a bit.
until you become a jedi then the game becomes cooler with more options and a more interesting story.
The game is replayable but not as much as Deus Ex. However, I liked KOTOR and I don't even LIKE Star Wars. But I'm in the minority who liked the second KOTOR more than the first one. ::hides::

SuperGauntlet

Jun 26, 2011
Just Cause 2.

No doubt in my mind.

While you're playing that, DL the other games, Portal and Portal 2 first.

Bobbety

May 16, 2011
Which will you get the most replay value from? I'd say KOTOR, but I've never played Deus Ex so I can't say for sure.

But which could you get the most playtime out of? Just Cause 2 for sure; if you try to get 100% completion on that it's going to take a long while.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
If you never played KotOR, play it first; it is awesome. Then Portal, Portal 2, Deus Ex. I have no idea what Aquaria is. Just Cause should be saved for times when you just want to screw off and blow stuff up. Deus Ex will probably be the hardest to get into. Just Cause's story is pretty irrelevant.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Portal 1 and 2, KoToR, and Deus Ex. All awesome, lengthy games that you will surely replay over a few months after completion.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I got 20+ games, so I know how you feel.
You'll get the most storywise out of KOTOR and Deus Ex, lengthwise, so plan your time for them. They both have great replay value, so if you have the time, perhaps you should start with them and then replay them once you've finished all games.
Just Cause 2 is a game purely for messing around, so play that sporadically whenever you feel like messing around. It's a game that lasts forever.
The Portal games are a wonderful experience and is best enjoyed with the right mindset. They don't take much time, but make sure you can be focused when playing them. Very little replay value though.
Haven't heard of Aquaria.
As for which take most to get into, JC2 takes nothing, followed by the Portals that take very little, followed by KOTOR and Deus Ex, that takes extremely much to get into.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
In a certain order:

1. Portal 1 + 2
2. Deus Ex
3. KoToR(Haven't played it before soo yeah)
4. Just Cause 2
5. Aquaria.