I hate my computer, I really really do. Do you have electronics that break on you all the time?

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Erana said:
No, just one that smelled like weird ocean water.
That's not terrible I guess. Everyone has to have at least one day where their foot smells like something. As my philosophy goes: You walk everywhere, you're bound to step in something.
I'm just recalling now, that same day I lost my headphones to Sapsol, I also got mad chemical burns from getting Ferric Chloride splatter on my bare arm.

Zhandarr

Apr 15, 2009
Why worry about electronics, when there are more peaceful things in the world

Like reading

and walking

taking in the air

BWAWAHAHAHAHA

Just messing, my laptop broke and i lost my new animation project. So i was pissed off about that, but i got a new, better one.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Sergeant M. Fudgey said:
My good computer died last week, if I turn it on it takes five minutes to load; and loads a blue screen. I have another nice (Dell, I hate Macs) computer, but it needs an attachment to run it's video card that I either lost or never had in the first place.
I had a Dell that was a total piece of garbage. After six months, the thing would crash, freeze, or glitch up every time I used it. I have a Mac now, and it's still running well after four years. Reading this, I thought I'd point out that typically, the only people who say "I hate Macs" are the people who don't own one.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
SO I'M JUST SITTING THERE TYPING, AND MY KEYBOARD SUDDENLY SMASHES ITSELF UP!
[http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02042009008f.jpg]
[http://g.imageshack.us/img10/02042009008f.jpg/1/]
(that pic is proof that quake live is bad for your health, ironically i died 20 or 30 times while attempting to err... see if my keyboard was still working.. it doesn't work...)

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
My old computer build used to crash consistently, it's now a smoldered shell at some trash heap, it felt soooooooooo good!

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
My old PC. It was an AMD Duron, kept on overheating (melted the plastic on the cooler 0_o), constant freezes and blue screens of death. But that was years ago, today all my electronics work perfectly.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Wearing my 5th pair of headphones this year cheap thing keep breaking not like I have a big head or somethin...

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Erana said:
My best headphones have snapped. Twice. The first time, they could be held together with duct tape.
The poor soldering job in my mp3 player make it mute in one ear.
The glass on my cell phone decided to fall out.
The vast majority of my video game library has been stolen.
My computer wouldn't let me connect to Steam, any mmorpgs, and the likes. This also includes the school research database and online class registration. (very painful when you are separated from your current-gen console)
My computer's hard drive broke to the point of me having to rewrite it.
I busted two light bulbs by flipping the switches when I was in a particularly bad mood.
My computer is again not letting me use anything but a browser and AIM because of the automatic security updates, and keeps installing it when I shut the computer down to uninstall the damn thing!

And this has all been in the past three weeks or so. Anything related to electronics hate me, do they hate you?

(I coulda sworn there was a thread for this, but multiple different keywords brought up nothing)
1.Get some new Headphones
2.Get a new MP3 Player
3.Fixing the glass of your cell phone is possible but your better off getting a cheap phone
4.That just sucks
5.Get a new computer and Change your ISP
6.Again get a new Computer
7.Thats Called Karma
8.FOR GODS SAKE GET A NEW COMPUTER !

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
Nmil-ek said:
Wearing my 5th pair of headphones this year cheap thing keep breaking not like I have a big head or somethin...
haha i know the feeling, the only durable ones are the ones that came with me psp, which are limited to a really low volume!

godevit

Nov 21, 2008
One of my fans stopped working today but I've fixed it.
So you are not alone we all have stuff that breaks down by some divine power we cant have a grasp of.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
MaxTheReaper said:
I have the first three books, which I plan on reading once I finish the second Sword of Truth book.
Meh, don't bother. Sword of Truth's quality goes downhill after the third book.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
I go through headphones as normal people go through toilet paper. Also, mp3 players usually don't last long with me.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
The headphone that come with the ipod, I swear they build it so after a numbe of weeks 1 side dosnt work

thedelightfulme

Apr 16, 2009
Bleaghhh said:
My laptop crashes at least once a night, every night. It also half an hour and a half turn on time.
Sounds like someone needs a defrag and a declutter.

I only really have a problem with Mp3 players. I went through one every 3 months, i went out brought a sony walkman, and have had it WORKING for the last year. Its gooood.

And computers can be terrible. Especially ready made order ones. I made mine myself.
It works fine (most of the time) occasionally i need to sort something out, but its mainly to do with software.

My internet died not long ago, the wired connection anyway, so i went out and spen £25 on a wireless PCI card. Next day, a new router was brought that has NO wireless enabled on it. ¬¬

Sods law.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Get your Ritual Screw Driver and offer one of your broken-down gadgets to the Obsolete Technology Gods. And when you get new ones, be sure to treat them well.

kazork

Oct 16, 2007
I have a thing for hard drives. In my last 4 computers my hard drive broke. I do not know what it is.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
My current graphics card hates S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and spazzes out if try to play it on anything other than the worst lighting setting.