I hate people on the internet and around me.

OttoFriesen

Dec 10, 2023
Country
Germany
I often feel like I'm alone in the world, with no one reaching out to me or making me feel valued. Every time, it seems like I have to take the first step towards building a connection. Whether it's talking to strangers or trying to form a bond with someone I relate to, like this techlead who had a similar experience despite his popular YouTube channel and traveling.

I understand what he went through because I face the same challenges. The advice on chatting up strangers isn't helpful since there is no enjoyment in it for me. I can't remember anyone ever truly brightening my day; instead, people mostly judged or condescended towards me. It's frustrating to hear that it's all my fault, like I'm surrounded by heartless assholes who don't care about others.

This constant negativity has affected me as well, and now I find myself acting in the same way. Recently, I faced a situation where I was sued by an asshole. I took it upon myself to dig up dirt and use every tactic available to win against him and his lawyer. The outcome? I came out on top and the person went to a psychiatry.

Nowadays, when someone needs help, I find that my compassion has diminished, I see compassion as a dumb leftover of Disney indoctrination. Consequently, I don't take the initiative to assist others. Some person asked me to help build a tent, I just went with "No, not interested in helping someone like you" and when they act up I just destroy their self-esteem.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Hm, have got experience in wasting too many young adult years being stuck around ppl who were unpleasant and bad for psychological health - various states of homelessness and insanity do limit choices somewhat - so can understand the despair and alienation, and can say there are better people outside of whatever unfriendly social groups people find themselves in, would recommend looking further, broadening human searchlight whichever means feels least daunting. Can't allow the bitterness to calcify, best to keep treating humans good cause these psychological anxieties can often manifest cycles of trauma from others repeated onto others outside of you and sometimes back on you like ripples of anguish: hurt people hurt people and all that. Enough time practicing respect, listening and understanding does kinda help make it easier to distinguish between the time wasters and sincere humans faster too.

Am unsure if Ripples of Anguish is a better band or album name. Self titled band debut?

Also just got locked out alternative account a min ago cause I foolishly trusted technology's memory more than home brewn drug n booze-pickled memory. šŸ˜” does it lift after some time automatically or will it require some sort of assertiveness with communication?

Screenshot_2024-01-29-01-20-47-62_f56d448df78e8512261d4bfbcb3978c7.jpg

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Nowadays, when someone needs help, I find that my compassion has diminished, I see compassion as a dumb leftover of Disney indoctrination. Consequently, I don't take the initiative to assist others. Some person asked me to help build a tent, I just went with "No, not interested in helping someone like you" and when they act up I just destroy their self-esteem.
So you've decided to become the sort of person you condemn others for being?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Yeah we hate you too.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
So you've decided to become the sort of person you condemn others for being?
In such a case, I've read that a person should practice being happy. Be better. At some point, it becomes effortless.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
In such a case, I've read that a person should practice being happy. Be better. At some point, it becomes effortless.
I don't know if one can choose to be happy, or that being better is effortless (unless you're not being much better), but yeah, you can try. The world is harsh and that is undesirable, let's see if we can make it a less harsh.

Reactions: gorfias

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I am a lifeform born on a sea of information. Sadly, that sea was the internet.

Reactions: Kwak

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Says who?

We've got people defending Trump and the IDF, and people pretending covid isn't a big deal on this site, and I still think that's the stupidest thing I've read here.

(EDIT: Yes, the standard white guy blinking gif would have fit better, but I felt like something a bit different)