I hate that saying

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
Are there any sayings that just make you rage? Whenever I speak of revenge on my mortal foes, it infuriates me when someone says "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind!" Yeah, well, that may be so, but If I'm going to be half blind, I'm sure as hell going to take one of their eyes with me. So, what sayings have you raging when heard?
Your thoughtless widsom compared to the teaching of ghandi... I would have to say this is my new most hated saying
"Yeah, well, that may be so, but If I'm going to be half blind, I'm sure as hell going to take one of their eyes with me."

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
"I know" When the person saying it clearly did not know prior to your explanation. Grinds my gears.

ninja555

Mar 21, 2009
The phrase 'just saying', I hate it. People use it so much and I doubt any of them know what it means.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
"It was only a joke".

Mainly because the context in which it most often used is by somebody trying to get away with being rude or somebody being inconsiderate and/or thoughtless but not wanting to admit it.

If it were that obviously a joke then you wouldn't need to justify it.

tellmeimaninja said:
"I could care less" meaning "I don't care at all"

Well, if you could care less, that means that you do, in fact, care.
That's my one. What's even more annoying is trying to explain to people why it is wrong, as to me I can see it is just by reading it.

FargoDog said:
'Same difference'.

It makes.
No.
Sense.
What is the difference between 3 and 6? 3. What is the difference between 7 and 10? 3.

They have the same difference.

It is just used in the completely wrong context, always.

chozo_hybrid said:
CrashBang said:
"The Lord works in mysterious ways" is a massive copout. If christians can't explain something then they just fall back on that
This.

Or when someone thanks God for something that was done by a person. For example, the episode of Scrubs where Doctor Cox's sister prays with a family then the medicine finally starts working. Cox asks her to admit that medicine made the man better, she agrees then adds "Thank god for creating medicine." because you know, the hard work of people isn't really theirs, it's gods.

I've had people say that about a few things and it just annoys the hell outta me.
I am largely very tolerant of religion but I admit this one pisses me off a lot.

I remember once telling a girl that God didn't make houses like she claimed he did and I was told off for it. Needless to say I was annoyed (Hell, I was only a kid at the time myself).

sketch_zeppelin said:
I'm also tired of people saying "thats gay" instead of "thats stupid"
One of my best friends says that and it really fucks me off. Especially as he is 21.

ultrachicken said:
tellmeimaninja said:
"I could care less" meaning "I don't care at all"

Well, if you could care less, that means that you do, in fact, care.
I usually hear it as "I couldn't care less."
That is the correct phrase.

Jiraiya72 said:
StonkThis said:
"God bless you"
When people say that when I sneeze, I want to punch them. Not everyone is religious or of that religion...
Dude, calm down. I'm not even religious and I say that. Why would you even get offended regardless, they are wanting their god to bless you. Even not being religious, it wouldn't hurt.
It is possible to simply say "Bless you".

Colonel Joson

Apr 20, 2008
Pariah87 said:
No, really? That just takes the piss that does.

Most chav slang winds me up but I wouldn't say I get angry, more like dissapointed in people for making up using such phrases and words.

Can any non brits understand what this means? "Nah bruv that geser is safe, he went into the shop for us and got us some tabs so you don't need to spark him. Check out them fit girls they're gagging for it you get me?"
I'm a brit but lets have a go...

"No, my companion that man is safe, he went into the shop for us and got us some cigarettes, so you don't need to attack or harras him. Check out those attractive girls they're asking for oral sex, you understand me?".

there we go.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
WestMountain said:
"The customer is always right"

That is not right, I think that the workers on the store knows much more about how the store works etc than a customer at the store :]
Might I link you to this site; http://notalwaysright.com/
Quite hilarious
Haha that's a nice site :D

Quote from the site:
Customer: Do you have a copy of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter??

Me: I?m not sure, let me check.? *I check our bestsellers section* ?No sir, not at this time.?

Customer: But did you look back in the history section??

Me: For Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter??

Customer: Yeah.?

Me: No, I did not.?
:p

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Paularius said:
Hate It when people use the word 'Epic' to describe something.
This, and 'fail'.

Luckily, only the sexually-questionable-italian-whom-i-can-beat-up says them regularly.

T3hMonk3y

May 28, 2008
Outright Villainy said:
T3hMonk3y said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
FargoDog said:
'Same difference'.

It makes.
No.
Sense.
Oh, well, that's a fine mess you've got there.
Maybe that's a new classic?
Blimey, I hope these are accurate rumors!

[sub]I ran out of oxymorons right about there, so I'm gonna stop[/sub]

OT: Answering the phone saying "Yeah, hello" so fast it sounds like "Yellow?"

This is really off topic but anyways, one of my friends answers the phone saying "Ah Hoy Hoy" and i just heard last night that the word "hello" was invited just so that people would have something to say to each other to start a conversion on the telephone. At the same time they were trying to introduce "Ah Hoi Hoi" as the same thing. So next time your on the phone just think that everyone good be going around saying "Ah Hoi Hoi" as opposed to "hello".

(Sorry for being off topic, i just found this interesting cause I'm a nerd)
Also, it's cleverly referenced in the simpsons, as Mr. Burns says "Ah hoi hoi" whenever he answers a telephone, to show how old he is.
Remember when the Simpsons was subtle? *Stares wistfully into the distance*
Ohh you learn something new everyday eh? Never knew that but now i'll be looking out for it :p

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
I don't really know if this is a Dutch saying or used in more languages but translated it goes: "Everyone for him/her self, and god for us all." ... You'll probably be quite screwed when you are an atheist. But the saying itself makes my eyes water.

Dantes Alaska

Jan 31, 2009
CoverYourHead said:
Any command set up like an offer. Like, "Would you mind (insert task here)?" when there's really no choice. If you're going to command me to do something then do it, don't pretend you're not forcing me.
My boss said to me today "hey, could you do me a favor, well not really a favor since its your job."

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
chozo_hybrid said:
CrashBang said:
"The Lord works in mysterious ways" is a massive copout. If christians can't explain something then they just fall back on that
This.

Or when someone thanks God for something that was done by a person. For example, the episode of Scrubs where Doctor Cox's sister prays with a family then the medicine finally starts working. Cox asks her to admit that medicine made the man better, she agrees then adds "Thank god for creating medicine." because you know, the hard work of people isn't really theirs, it's gods.

I've had people say that about a few things and it just annoys the hell outta me.
or
when in red dead redemption you find a girl in the desert and bring her medicine and said it was becouse god did it

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Double A said:
"Strat" and it's brethren...

AvsJoe said:
"We'll head them off at the pass."

Cookie for popular reference.
"I hope you brought enough gum for everyone!"
"And now, for my next impression... Jesse Owens."

Here's your well deserved cookie:

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
Hail Fire 998 said:
camokkid said:
cyber_andyy said:
lkr?

IT MEANS NOTHING EVERYONE WHO USES IT DESERVES A FUCKING PUNCH TO THE KIDNEYS

*pant*

grrr.
What?

I have never heard of that.

Please elaborate.
I think he means "I know, right?"
I use it to troll by saying "Eye no, rite?"
nah, its an L. I m fine with ikr? but lkr means NOTHING!

UBERfionn

Jun 7, 2010
Fraught said:
UBERfionn said:
bue519 said:
Irregardless.
ITS NOT A REAL WORD.
And i'm going to use it Irregardless of what you say!
Why not use regardless here? Sounds much better, and more natural.

Also, the phrase I hate most is "I could care less", and especially when people insist it's correct.

Makes you wanna kill a man, y'know?
But Irregardless sounds funny!
Unlike "I could care less" thats just annoying and don't make sense.
And Irregardless is a real word.

Another word for you to hate "sticktoitivness"!

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
CrashBang said:
chozo_hybrid said:
CrashBang said:
This.

I totally agree. Why is it so hard for these people to just thank other human beings for help? For example: You could say "Thank God I passed my exam" or you could give yourself a pat on the back for doing well, a bit of self-confidence might help you more than thanking your god
Or how about when people say "You're doing god's work." This pisses me right off. I'm a firefighter/EMT and get told this all the time. I don't care what god you believe in, I'm not doing "their" work. I'm doing my job, which I choose to do and put tons of work into. Your god hasn't helped on bit.
While we are on the subject, "There are no Atheist in fox holes". Bullshit. I know many veterans that are atheists, and I've also been stuck in a burning building that I thought I was going to die in. Not once did the thought of any god enter my mind. I was more concerned with finding my way out, instead of praying. Had I prayed, I would have died for wasting my time. Nothing fails like prayer.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
"I'll just roll with it"

God! I hate that one! Especially when a mate of mine used it for a few months even when it made no fucking sense! GAH! He annoys me alot actually.....

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
ultrachicken said:
SmartIdiot said:
"I've lost my faith in humanity..."

No you haven't, you don't know what you're talking about.
This. This. A thousand times this.
Every time I hear this phrase I'm ready to tear out the offender's eyeballs.
First of all: losing faith in humanity includes yourself, which I doubt you've done. Second: who are you to judge 7 billion people? Third: Humanity has always been like this, it's not like suddenly the entire world went to shit.
Agreed. Its alwase some prick pretending to be jaded and hard.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
neilsaccount said:
Blueruler182 said:
"Cool story, bro." If I give a valid point and you dismiss it out of hand as opposed to actually responding or conceding I get pissed. Really REALLY pissed.

I got in an argument on WoW with the whole Pirates vs Ninja thing, just for fun, with a guy in my guild. I used X-men for my proof and he started saying that "They're not a ninja" for whatever character I mentioned. It's important to know two things at this point, one: I am a geek. Two: There are a lot of ninjas in the x-men. I used psylocke for this example, had a book in front of me saying outright that she was a telepathic, telekinetic, ninja. About an hour went on before I just logged off and punched a wall because I was giving valid points and he was using that god damn phrase, and now I hate the phrase.
You punched a wall because someone used a phrase? Really?
Well some sayings that I dont necessarily like are "I can has" or "lolz" or anything of that nature. My friend uses those all of the time in daily conversation and I really don't see why.
I get really irritated if people ignore an argument of mine. I'm not used to it and it pisses me off.

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
J03bot said:
Danman1 said:
J03bot said:
Flames66 said:
anus-turbine.
Anus-turbine? That is a genius idea, which I am stealing for future insult purposes.
Not if I borrow it first!...Oh, you just want the phrase...of course. *hides blueprints*
Well, I did just want the phrase. But now I come to think of it, it's a bizarrely useful form of alternative energy.
Shotgun!
By the immortal, timeless, unbreakable rules of shotgunning, the idea is now mine. Sucks to be you!
But you seem to not know that I am spiteful, and a violent alcoholic. I will run this idea into the ground to piss you off.