I hate the idea of 3D games and consloles

Fox_21

Aug 23, 2008
Hello,
Am I the only person who not looking forward for 3d games, and I really don't want to buy another Ds so I can play 3d games, I would rather use that money to buy better games which they should be focusing on. Making better games more often at cheaper prices.
Whos With Me

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
First off, you are never the only one.
Mostly because I agree. There is too much pandering to those with low attention spans. These are the people who like pretty graphics over better gameplay.
They take up a significant part of the market, so there's not much we can do about it.

Andantil

May 10, 2009
Better games or cheap&frequent games. Pick one.

But I agree, do not want this "3D!" craze infecting games.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
No, you are never the only one.
Also, all of the games won't be turned to 3D, so get over it, enjoy them for what they are, or ignore them.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
I fully back this whole 3D movement... not because I want 3D, or even think it's a good idea, but because it will drive down the prices of non-3D TVs/monitors significantly... so... woooo 3D!

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
Ha ha ha. You misspelled consoles!

To the point. Yes, I hate the idea of 3D in everything if it's misapplied. I do not share your point about consloles.

random_bars

Oct 2, 2010
When you say 3D, do you mean 3D as in as opposed to 2D, or do you mean 3D effects, like the 3DS and the films you have to wear 3D glasses for and stuff.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
mindlesspuppet said:
I fully back this whole 3D movement... not because I want 3D, or even think it's a good idea, but because it will drive down the prices of non-3D TVs/monitors significantly... so... woooo 3D!
Well, that's certainly a different way of thinking of it.

But you also might have to worry about games becoming too focused on 3-D instead of, you know GAMEPLAY.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
The Rookie Gamer said:
mindlesspuppet said:
Well, that's certainly a different way of thinking of it.

But you also might have to worry about games becoming too focused on 3-D instead of, you know GAMEPLAY.
Well... to be fair. Games are already made in 3D, the only difference is how those games are being displayed, it really shouldn't change much. Unlike movies where to do 3D they need special filming techniques or post processing.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
Personally....I like 3D. I think it's neat. I think if we can get past the glasses, it'll add a lot to -some- games. But it'll generally be unneeded. It's a step in the right direction really.

However, I'd rather people make -less- games. Too much shit out there put out too quickly anyway and that needs to stop. Not 3D.

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
Holograms, yes, fake 3d that looks like crap imo, no.
Anyway, the 3DS is going to have rather poor graphics even when compared to the DS, simply because rendering 3D images means you have to render a 3D scene twice. The DS is already bad enough at doing that.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
I don't like 3D but it will happen to all games eventually, what with the new 3D TVs, it's only a matter of time before sony releases their PS3D to go along with that shiny new 40" 3D TV.

And I blame Nintendo's fanbase, their need to buy anything and everything Nintendo hurls at them makes other companies think it's the greatest idea known to man, so Nintendo releases a 3D handheld, then Sony will, then Nintendo will release a 3D Wii, then Microsoft will make a 3D Kinect abomination.

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
Dragonforce525 said:
I don't like 3D but it will happen to all games eventually, what with the new 3D TVs, it's only a matter of time before sony releases their PS3D to go along with that shiny new 40" 3D TV.
As long as you CAN play without the fake 3D, I am fine with whatever people decide to waste money on.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm intrigued by the 3DS, but 3D with glasses doesn't interest me, since I have glasses and that's annoying.

Wondermint13

Oct 2, 2010
Fox_21 said:
Hello,
Am I the only person who not looking forward for 3d games, and I really don't want to buy another Ds so I can play 3d games, I would rather use that money to buy better games which they should be focusing on. Making better games more often at cheaper prices.
Whos With Me
I'm with you buddy.