I have discovered Civilization!

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
Razentsu said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Razentsu said:
Hah, Civilization III grabbed me in the same way. The Civilization games are some of the most addictive games out there. Their addictiveness is actually kind of dangerous.

I remember one match that lasted me over 8 hours. T_T
Sweet cheese, 8 hours? Did you both agree to take breaks and use the bathroom?
Well, I was able to take breaks freely since I was playing CPU players. I'm sure the game would have taken longer if it involved multiple human players. XD

Or maybe we would all give up before too long.

But yeah, Civ games typically take an eternity and a half to finish.
Yeah 8 hours really isn't long, I completed my latest game after 15 hours with this [http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594719743099436711/90608AD18352531C89E3D5EB00EB09C985017225/]

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I have discovered many games. I have discovered UFO Enemy Unknown aka XCOM UFO Defence. I have discovered Morrowind. I have discovered Hostile Waters. Seriously, do play that. I have discovered Elite 2 : Frontier. I have discovered Minecraft. I have discovered the Total War series. I have discovered Supreme Commander. I have discovered Portal 2 with it's hundred thousand custom maps. Unreal Tournament also had lots of great user maps. I have discovered Psychonaughts. I have discovered Grim Fandango. I have discovered GTA San Andreas. I have discovered that this list could go on forever.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I Have No Idea said:
Razentsu said:
Hah, Civilization III grabbed me in the same way.
Ruzinus said:
pilouuuu said:
it wasn't until Civ 4 that I started to lose many nights playing
Haz88 said:
Lately it was Civ5.
solidsnake101023 said:
Mine will also be the Civ games.
It seems this thread is fast turning into a Civilization Addicts Anonymous club.
I'm not addicted. I can stop whenever I want.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Good for you.

I'm very excited for the Gods & Kings expansion. As I was for Civ V. And Civ IV, as well as its expansions, especially BtS, before that.

The best strategy game franchise ever.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I love civ, I started with Civ III and it was fantastic.

Otherwise?

I discovered Demon's Souls a few days before its NA release, and I was excited the moment I saw it. It looked PERFECT. And it was.

I also stumbled upon ACII, having no prior experience with Assassin's Creed. It was definitely the perfect game to start that series with, as it didn't have the crushing flaws of the original, nor the... lack of inspiration... in its sequels.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
I Have No Idea said:
Number four, to be precise. And sweet bejeezus is it addictive. I cannot believe I haven't tried this game out sooner. Just the sheer fun of making and expanding an empire is awesome. My Egyptian empire will conquer the world!

*ahem*

So to give this giddy post some discussion value, has there ever been a game discovery for you that has grabbed you by the face and did not let go? Just any game you heard of and tried out, or just stumbled upon by chance. Sound off!
Europa Universalis 3 and Victoria II are like Civ but with more detail and history, they are so addicting.

BlackStar42 said:
Civ 4, Medieval 2: Total War and Europa Universalis 3. If anyone out there hasn't used them, I highly recommend the mods Rhye's and Fall of Civilization for Civ 4 and Stainless Steel for Medieval 2. Anyone know any good mods for EU3?
Death and Taxes is great.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
theemporer said:
I also stumbled upon ACII, having no prior experience with Assassin's Creed. It was definitely the perfect game to start that series with, as it didn't have the crushing flaws of the original, nor the... lack of inspiration... in its sequels.
Yeah, I hope Ubisoft doesn't milk poor Connor like a cow after ACIII comes out.

chimeracreator

Jun 15, 2009
I Have No Idea said:
theemporer said:
Yeah, I hope Ubisoft doesn't milk poor Connor like a cow after ACIII comes out.
Aww, but if he turns out to be a well written and interesting character, they could have him also take part in the French Revolution... it was only six years after the American Revolution finished after all.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Civilization IV, V and Alpha Centauri, obviously. :p

More unconventionally, though, was Tomb Raider III. It's still my favorite of the series, partly because it's so dang hard.