I have no one to go see inception with *sad face*

ClunkiestTurtle

Feb 19, 2010
OK so i have been waiting for Inception to come out for ages and now its out and i was going to see it this week but i have no one to see it with.

for me going to see a movie in the cinema is more of a social experience then anything so i don't really enjoy going alone and only have done once to see lord of the rings the two towers because i had already booked my ticket when everyone else pulled out and sitting there looking around seeing everyone else talking and laughing and sharing the experience with others just depressed me and its not really something i want to do again....

So what are peoples views on going to the cinema alone,do you go alone? is there anyone who enjoys going to the cinema to see a movie alone or prefers it? do you just look over and see someone by themselves and turn to your friend and say "look at that loser"?

Also if your from the UK and live in or near Exeter and have the same problem then lets go see it!

Wait no this is how people get raped.....

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
Haha come hang with us! We're going to a late night showing next week

and no I've never been to a cinema alone. I also go for the social experience as well as the film. If I'm the only one who wants to watch a movie I just do so at home

BenFace

Jul 7, 2009
If you have nobody to go see Inception with, then you must live atop Everest in a cave, all by yourself. That filmic beast is looking to be the biggest hit of the summer.

If all else fails, point out its directed by Christopher Nolan, who direct Batman begins and the Dark Knight, that should convince them to go

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
While I enjoy watching movies with friends--I went and saw The A-Team this summer, which is a great movie to talk and laugh about afterward--Inception is a film that might be better viewed alone. I saw it by myself, and I had a feeling of awe when I walked out of the theater that I'm not sure I'd have had if I had a bunch of friends with me. Just sit back and let it soak in without distraction. It's worth it.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I too see it as more of a social experience, not so much the movie itself but the anticipation before it and the talk afterwards. I always liked that a lot.

But I wanted to see Inception because I actually wanted, y'know, see Inception, and I too had no-one to go see it with as very little (read: no-one) has interest in such movies over here. I never went the cinema alone before, but this time I just went "You know, I'm bored, fuck it" and just went alone. I was quite surprised to see that quite a few people went to watch it alone.

And it was worth it. Totally. I never would've seen it otherwise, that I know. Yes I missed the discussing afterwards, but the movie itself made up for it. I'll probably do it more often from now on, I think I'm going to see Predators alone next week when it comes out over here.

It sucks having 0 friends, but now that I've broken that barrier of going alone I can go see a lot more movies. I missed so many great flicks because I didn't have the guts to go alone. Now I can see whatever the hell I like whenever I like.

Your Nightmare

May 28, 2010
I haven't gone alone - but I have no problem in doing so.

What's wrong with going by yourself?
And how is it a social occasion when you all sit in the dark and in silence? If I spend money to watch a film, I want to absorb it. The only time you talk to your friends during this whole event is before and after the film.

Sure it's nice going with friends - and you should if you could. But it's perfectly acceptable to go on your own

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
I went and saw Inception on my own, there is no shame in seeing a movie on your own. Sitting in a darkened room for about 2 hours in hardly social and besides Inception is a movie you would rather see on your own.

A movie like The A Team is a movie you would see with friends and Toy Story 3 is a movie you would see with family.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I've gone to see a movie alone a few times. lol

But yeah, it's a more social thing like alot of people are saying. It feels kinda awkward sometimes if you go by yourself. Even one or two times where I went alone and was waiting for someone to get there, it felt kinda weird. It's one of those things where it's not always weird like that, but it can be.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
Always go with someone, not because I don't want to see a movie alone, but because I don't care enough to go unless my friends or family drag me to the theatre.

Very rarely do I see movies in the theatre, I'd much rather wait untill they come out on DVD, or come out on Movie Central or some other service like that. I guess it's because I have a 67'' T.V. and surround sound, so I pretty much get a mini theatre experience at home. Also comfy leather couches help (theatre chairs are terrible).

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
i prefer going cinema on my own. Nice and quiet. Except kids were talking all the way through toy story 3. They wernt even alive when it number one came out! Chht, posers.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
Can't stand going on my own. Thankfully, I have at least one friend who I can pretty much always call and she'll be all up for going to a movie. Going out to see a movie is definitely a social experience. I don't know about other places, but around here going to the movies is usually just a part of a night out with friends. You know, go grab dinner beforehand, when you get back play some L4D or something.

However, while I usually won't go see a movie on my own, I would make an exception for Inception. The movie is just that damned good. See it in IMAX if you have the chance.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'e only ever been to the cinema once when I wasn't with my family. And that just turned into a mini-popcorn battle that abruptly stopped when an old lady started glaring at us.

So I suppose I prefer it with family. Friends are too distracting to sit through a film with.

As for the solo experience, I wouldn't know. I'd just wait for it to come to DVD if no one else wanted to see it.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I rent movies and watch them by myself if I absolutely want to watch something. I have reached a point where I actually prefer watching movies by myself because I find other people that want to watch movies with to be obnoxious. AKA, they keep asking me stupid questions about stuff, either about what's going on in the film or just in general. It really annoys me because i'd rather talk about stuff AFTER a movie is done rather than during it. I haven't seen a movie in a theatre by myself though, largely because I have to play a double-game where I avoid watching movies, but I am not letting those people I described above know just how seriously I dislike watching movies with them.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
How is going to the movies such a social thing? You sit in the dark for a few hours; it's not like you can have a proper conversation with anyone. I say you should go solo, it's no big deal.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I'm thinking of watching it today, since today's my birthday, but I prefer watching alone. That way, I never get distracted by my dumbass friends.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
When I first saw Inception, I was there alone. Sure, I had gone with a couple of friends, but they didn't matter. The movie was the only thing I payed attention to. I didn't speak and hardly breathed throughout the entire thing. I was enthralled. I can almost guarantee that going alone will be just fine.