I have no one to go see inception with *sad face*

ClunkiestTurtle

Feb 19, 2010
_Janny_ said:
How is going to the movies such a social thing? You sit in the dark for a few hours; it's not like you can have a proper conversation with anyone. I say you should go solo, it's no big deal.
How does the fact that its dark or that your sitting down make it not a social experience?

When i go and see a movie we buy tonnes of food and drink, sometimes sneak in a pizza or McDonalds or what ever we fancy at the time and just find somewhere good to sit thats not to close to anyone else so as we don't impede on anyone elses enjoyment of the film and sit there eating and laughing and talking quietly amongst ourselves the whole way through, talking about the movie and its themes or the actors or the editing or lighting, scenery etc etc and all interesting relevant trivia we know about it. And before anyone says so NO it doesn't stop us from paying attention to it or understanding anything!

And even when its crowed and we cant do our own thing something happens and you look at each other as to say "that was fucking awesome!!" just sharing the experience on the massive screen with people makes it better

I think if you can't understand how going to the cinema isn't or can't be a social experience then to use the much overused phrased "you are doing it wrong!"

Kiokia

Jul 25, 2010
I always need someone to come with me! I love talking about the film afterward as much as watching the film itself. Ranting about a films pros and cons is such an important part of my cinematic experience!

p.s. I don't think cinema HAS to be a social experience, but I find it much more enjoyable with people!

Apr 29, 2010
I've always enjoyed going to the movies with friends more than the few times I've gone by myself. But, you shouldn't be complaining. At least Inception is out where you are. It's not even out yet over here. The other day I saw a commercial for it. It said it was coming soon. That's right. Coming soon, which means it won't be out for another 3-4 months, maybe 2 if we're lucky.

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
Sometimes seeing a movie alone is better. I watched District 9 in the theater and I loved it except for the girl I saw it with complaining over and over how 'stupid' the character were.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
I prefer to go with people, simply because every once in a while I have to turn and make a comment, but Inception only made me do that once so I'd have no issue with going alone.

But that sucks for you, man. I went with a group... well, a friend, because one of them ditched us for England, the rat-fuck. If you meet someone named Russel Blower from Canada tell him Dylan is angry about it. Anywho, went once with a friend... who also happened to be a Brit... wow... anyway, and I'm going again soon with two more friends. One of which is English...

May 5, 2010
zHellas said:
Why can't you go see it by yourself?

Wait, are you being serious right now? You really don't know what's wrong with seeing a movie by yourself?

OT: Yeah, I kind of have the same problem. I mean, I've seen it, but I want to see it again. I was going to see it with my friends, but then I got sick at the theater and had to go home. So now all my friends have seen it twice and don't want to see it a third time. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to see it a second time. I'm actually being a little hypocritical, because I'm almost to the point where I WILL go see it by myself. It's just that good.

ClunkiestTurtle

Feb 19, 2010
DarkLordofDevon said:
ClunkiestTurtle said:
Also if your from the UK and live in or near Exeter
Another Exonian? You gain 10 awesome points for living in this great City.
yay that means i now have....10 awesome points!

I have never meet anyone who lives in Exeter on here before, i created a thread some time back to find the person who lived closest to me and some dude from Honition was the closest but i guess now you probably have that title.

how very amusing!

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I have no problem with going to the movies by myself. It's hardly a social experience when no one wants to talk, now is it? However, it is a lot better seeing bad movies with other people. I would have gone crazy if I didn't have people to help me rip on The Last Airbender.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
ClunkiestTurtle said:
DarkLordofDevon said:
ClunkiestTurtle said:
Also if your from the UK and live in or near Exeter
Another Exonian? You gain 10 awesome points for living in this great City.

I have never meet anyone who lives in Exeter on here before, i created a thread some time back to find the person who lived closest to me and some dude from Honition was the closest but i guess now you probably have that title.

how very amusing!
Dammit. Do I at least get some points for Tiverton?

DarkLordofDevon

May 11, 2008
ClunkiestTurtle said:

how very amusing!
Must have missed that thread. But still, good to know there are some interesting locals here.

DarkLordofDevon

May 11, 2008
88chaz88 said:
Dammit. Do I at least get some points for Tiverton?
Hmm... I'll give you 7. You're not near enough to get the full 10 but being in Devon does qualify you for awesomeness.