I just got the Wii U Premium

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I am such a dumb ass.

I really want a PS4. It is the most powerful next gen console by about 50%.

Maybe the Xbone as so many are saying it really integrates into your entertainment system flawlessly. And it still has the better live experience.

But, I had $300 burning a hole in my pocket. I got it cuz I can. Gamestop has a $300 sale that includes the premium and the new Mario Game (like I need another of Mario game. I am such an idiot).

Oy I am so stupid. But I'm very excited at the same time. I have to think over the next few years, I am going to have some fun.

Please feel free to post that I am either prescient or a moron.

I have buyer's remorse and the pleasure of shopping achievement. They kind of kick each other's butts.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Appears it comes with a Luigi game. I really want it for the next Mario Cart and Smash Brothers. I mean, what the heck, it's gonna be fun. My teenage kids are going to ask me what the heck I was thinking of.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
My thoughts?

- Self Depreciation is annoying
- You shouldn't base your console purchases on "power". It's about the games.
- You shouldn't base your console purchases on how well it integrates into your entertainment system. It's about the games.
- You should know what comes in the box before you drop $300.
- It's Mario Kart, not Mario Cart.

In my opinion the Wii U has the best games right now but that can vary from person to person. If you prefer shooters to platformers though, you would probably have preferred one of the other two.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
WeepingAngels said:
- You shouldn't base your console purchases on "power". It's about the games.
- You shouldn't base your console purchases on how well it integrates into your entertainment system. It's about the games.
- You should know what comes in the box before you drop $300.
- It's Mario Kart, not Mario Cart.

In my opinion the Wii U has the best games right now but that can vary from person to person. If you prefer shooters to platformers though, you would probably have preferred one of the other two.
To hate self deprication is arguably Jew hating, but I understand you point. Even so, I still feel like an idiot and could use and ego massage. Please, I'm begging you. Tell me I'm not an idiot :) Obviously kidding. But this is one of the nuttier things I've done in a while.

OK. Mario Cart.

I understand I'm also getting a Louigi game. I did not know that! Bonus!

It is all about the fun. I'll have some I'm sure. What the heck. It is about the fun.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
TizzytheTormentor said:
I got my Wii-U for 300 euro, got the Wind Waker HD Edition and got the swanky game-pad, plenty of fun games on it now as well, most of them 1st party, but hopefully it will get more 3rd party support.

I haven't touched because of Assassins Creed IV Black Flag which I got on my PS4, but I am almost finished 100% on it, so there's that.
I actually had Windwaker for the Cube and thought the gameplay needed tweeking. Did they do it for the Wii U?

cloroxbb said:
Gorfias said:
I am such a dumb ass.

Maybe the Xbone as so many are saying it really integrates into your entertainment system flawlessly. And it still has the better live experience.

But, I had $300 burning a hole in my pocket. I got it cuz I can. Gamestop has a $300 sale that includes the premium and the new Mario Game (like I need another of Mario game. I am such an idiot).

Oy I am so stupid. But I'm very excited at the same time. I have to think over the next few years, I am going to have some fun.

Please feel free to post that I am either prescient or a moron.

I have buyer's remorse and the pleasure of shopping achievement. They kind of kick each other's butts.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Appears it comes with a Luigi game. I really want it for the next Mario Cart and Smash Brothers. I mean, what the heck, it's gonna be fun. My teenage kids are going to ask me what the heck I was thinking of.
Does it have software that you want to play RIGHT NOW? If not, then I would have remorse as well. If so, then it's fine :)
I bought one sooner than I would normally have but I have no regrets. Also, and this gonna sound weird, but I'm excited to play Dr. Luigi against people online.
I think there is a Rayman for Wii U that has me interested. Do you know of it? Any good?

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
I got one and dont regret it as there are finally some games I want on it, not many I will admit but way more than the Xbone and PS4 have atm and as for Rayman Legends if you are even remotely interested in that game for WiiU get it as it is excellent I completed it new years eve before partying started and I enjoyed almost every second its better than many of Marios 2D offerings imo.

As for whether your an idiot for buying it I dont know but at least you sound like a cautiously optimistic and happy idiot.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Maximum Bert said:
As for whether your an idiot for buying it I dont know but at least you sound like a cautiously optimistic and happy idiot.
I am a happy idiot. I just told my kids what I did and they gave me the stink eye. I don't care. I want Rayman Legends. It is next on my purchase list!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
TizzytheTormentor said:
Otherwise, the game is same ole Zelda Wind Waker, but looks even better than it already is.
I didn't like the gameplay on the first. I need the 2nd analog stick in play. If they made it so it is that way, I'd likely get it again.

My kid gave away TP before I could really play it. Might get that again.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Gorfias said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Otherwise, the game is same ole Zelda Wind Waker, but looks even better than it already is.
I didn't like the gameplay on the first. I need the 2nd analog stick in play. If they made it so it is that way, I'd likely get it again.

Are you under the impression that Wind Waker (either version) didn't use the second analog stick?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
WeepingAngels said:
Gorfias said:
TizzytheTormentor said:

Are you under the impression that Wind Waker (either version) didn't use the second analog stick?
Yes. I was playing it and just couldn't get the camera to move around as I'd like.

But, I have the money set aside for the Wii U and Ps4, which isn't ready yet, and I'm like, What am I waiting for? So, I got it. I keep hearing there is so much fun to be had. And unlike Ps4 and Xbone, they won't make me give up my first born and all my health records to simply create an account.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am to play.

Question: can I use the gamepad to play their Wii Metroid game?

Dec 16, 2009
" It is the most powerful next gen console by about 50%."
pahahahaaa. brilliant. shall we do a science on the three of them, just to make sure the figure is accurate, I'm sure its more like 48.327%

I bought a Wii U last week with Super Mario Bros U. I also own a gaming PC. I'm looking forward to Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, I'll probably get Mario World 3D, Wind Waker and Monster Hunter 3 when i have the cash spare. I'll play them, hopefully enjoy them, but either way, I wont be worrying about the power of them.

I picked the Wii U as my Gen 8 console, as I was more interested in a games console, than "integrated entertainment systems"

EDIT
Gorfias said:
Question: can I use the gamepad to play their Wii Metroid game?
Yo play Wii games, you need a Wii Mote, or whatever interface was appropriate for that game on the Wii

agent_orange420

Sep 30, 2011
spent christmas day and several days after playing on the Wii U with my girlfriends brother. Zombie U was great, Super Mario 3D World was good fun. wind waker looked awesome.

All in all, I liked it. At least it is a games machine, with other media abilities tacked on, you can use the controllers and games from the previous gen. i thought it was pretty good.

Bruce

Jun 15, 2013
Okay here are some games you should get:

Pikmin 3
Super Mario Brothers 3D World
Lego City Undercover

There are a few other good titles, but they tend to be more niche things like Monster Hunter.

In real terms you are not an idiot - buying either of the other two consoles right now would be a bad idea. They are still in their early release phase, which means the factories making them haven't quite figured out what they're doing yet, which means they are more likely to fail now than if you buy one manufactured a few months down the line.

Also they don't really have great titles on them yet. It will probably take them a year or two to get their acts together. Early adopters get burned.

SargeSmash

Oct 28, 2013
I jumped in, too. I got the Deluxe Set that didn't have Mario U, but Nintendo Land. It was only $250! And GameStop was running a special on 3D World, too, at $40. Very pleasant surprise. Heck, I even had luck applying the screen protector this time!

I've been very impressed by the system so far. Even the browsing experience is pretty spiffy. The Gamepad is tons more comfortable and usable than it looks, the screen on it looks great, and it's just overall a nice balance of console power and DS/3DS functionality. Very, very happy with my purchase.

Now, if they get the 'pad where it supports Classic Controller Wii games, I'll be completely enamored, and likely even finally finish Xenoblade.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
WiiU is the best console to buy IMO, providing you have a gaming PC as well. Most big titles released on Xbone and PS4 can be played on PC where as the WiiU will feature many exclusives and titles unavailable on the PC.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Gorfias said:
Sony may have the most powerful console by far, but their slogan says it all. Greatness AWAITS. Most of the best stuff on the console won't be out for a few months anyway and what is there is primarily just launch window shovelware.

Don't get me wrong, I have a PS4 and it's pretty good. But if you can't have more than one console at launch, I'd put it firmly in the last choice slot until a couple more games are available. Once InFamous and Destiny and Watch_Dogs are on the market, that will be a different story of course. ;)

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
which is definitely the Wii Metroid game you were referring to as it was the only Metroid game on the Wii.

...ahem.
Wait, I could have sworn that there was another one.
What was it called again...ah right I remember. It's called Metro-*gets Super Missile to the face*

...what I meant to say was, yeah the only Wii Metroid game...>.>

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Gorfias said:
Maximum Bert said:
I am a happy idiot. I just told my kids what I did and they gave me the stink eye. I don't care. I want Rayman Legends. It is next on my purchase list!
You should go to the Nintendo eshop.
They have a sale at the moment (at least yesterday they had) and some great games for 50-70% of!!!
There was Splinter Cell, which I am enjoying a lot, ZombiU for as littl as 10?, and some other stuff, all between 5 and 20? which is defineatly worth it.
Then one game you should get which I enjoyed a lot if you enjoy puzzle platformers is Trine2, was very surprised, ina positive way, by that game!
Most luck and hope you enjoy your purchase :p
I have enjoyed it since I bought it a year ago :)