I Just Lost Faith In The Internet

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
It's free speech at work folks.

I agree with a lot of stuff said about MovieBob, i disagree with some said about the Escapist in general. Whatever, people have the right to satirize and make fun of anything they want and frankly I hope to hell we never try and stop them. That would be a very boring world indeed.

Complaining about people disagreeing with you is boooring!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Did anyone notice the comment that's on top of the page at the moment?
YES WE KNOW THIS WIKI IS AN ED RIPOFF
We're workin' on it.
Pages that are fix'd:
Noah Antwiler
Gaming in the Clinton Years
If you are here because you were egosurfing or looking for negative opinion of your online messiah, then bear in mind that this wiki is undergoing a painfully slow, but sure revamp in article quality. Please bear this in mind before you open a topic in your sycophantic community forum speculating on any jealousy, cuntishness or trollishness we may or may not have. Yes, we saw that. You know who you are.So... What are the chances that they're referring to this thread?

OT: Seems they're only complaining about the moderation being heavy here.
Can't say I care. If you were looking for a place with high levels of personal freedom, where you're allowed to be rude to other users and make negative (not constructive) comments on site content; you came to the wrong site, and I don't see what you're doing here in the first place.
Yes: The moderation is heavy. That's because the site's creators aim for a certain type of community. Deal with it.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
DalekJaas said:
The articles you posted did have some valid points and expressed some of the feelings I have had towards the Escapist in the past.

I visit the Escapist because it is a fast and reliable source of gaming news, even though I do find the authors annoying as they frequently put in lines expressing their own opinions.

Also the link about MovieBob is probably 99.9% accurate, hell I think it is spot on.
I agree with the MovieBob link. Also I silently agree'd with the forums link. Also this new captcha thing or whatever it's called is bullshit.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I'm just going to ignore the existence of all this and go back to my blissful existence where I didn't know about them at all. Everybody loves The Escapist. Hooray!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Shameless said:
I am sorry but, I think this site got many good points around moviebob, so I won't hate it much.
I second that. Everything else? I don't like. Moviebob I've got a bone to pick with.

CrazyBerk

Jul 1, 2008
I didn't find it shameful or anything, it's nice to get an alternative viewpoint on things, their will always be negative opinions on things and these are sort of justified i mean what they say on tight-assed, Orwellian moderators on this forum is so incredibly true its hilarious.

Getting suspended for criticism? Or mentioning adblock? Can someone justify that? C'mon.

If anything these are accurate, if not just simply funny. I think a lot more things on the internet would cause me to lose faith in not only the internet, but humanity. Oh and they seem to get it spot on about Moviebob too.

maffro

Aug 8, 2008
I clicked on the moviebob one. Had a read through. Clicked on some of their links and discovered that they had some very accurate criticisms of his game overthinker stuff. I found I felt pretty experiences regarding the other links you posted, also.

I like the escapist, but you can kinda see some truth in a lot of what they say. But I have more fun reading the escapist than reading complaints about it, so eh.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Murray Whitwell said:
"Oh no they don't like what I like I'm going to make a thread about it!"
Are you trying to lower these peoples expectations of the escapist even more?
My thoughts exactly. But, hey, stans gonna stan.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
TheCommie12 said:
what is wrong with those people
as far as the commentary on Movie Bob I think they are right on.
I cant say as I agree with their other ideas but then again...I REALLY dont care.

May 29, 2011
So there are idiotic trolls on the internet? OH MY GAWD I'M SO SUPRISED!

*ehem* Well you know what they say. Haters gonna hate. And regular people gonna lol at haters.

Overall these seem like pathetic attempts at trolling. And why is everyone agreeing with them on moviebob?
Last time I checked people were allowed to change their opinions. And have opinions without being called biased for expressing those opinions on his show.

Deathninja19

Dec 7, 2009
Who cares? don't read it if you don't like it. If you're really that upset with them stop introducing them to a bigger audience.

(Although thanks I got a few chuckles out of them)

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I was about to say "MovieBob isn't THAT bad," but when I saw this quote:

I don't want to hear it, I'm happy you enjoyed the "Prime Games". They were good I was "okay" with them, but "FPS" is the most creatively-bankrupt genre in gaming and is largely responsible for most of the worst aspects of gaming today.
I lost even more respect for him. The guy can be trusted when he has no emotional attachment to the subject at hand, but the second he's overtly passionate about anything more specific than the overall of video games and movies, he's just a royal asshole and elitist bastard that has so much trouble seeing quality in something he just isn't a fan of that it makes me sick.

As for those other two links, I couldn't give a rats ass about what they think about this community, so I won't even bother. It is literally the one and only forum I've ever stuck with, because sometimes it can be just that awesome. And that's all that matters. :)

EDIT: Just read the rest of the article about Bob. They're dead on. Not to mention I learned a bit. God, I actually really hate that guy now. Before I just disliked a lot of his views. Now I see him as part of what's wrong with the older game crowd. Seriously, what the flying fuck...

EDIT 2: Seriously, I'm practically ashamed to think he's from Boston, and I have no "home town pride" to speak of.

thick doona

Jul 11, 2011
Use_Imagination_here said:
So there are idiotic trolls on the internet? OH MY GAWD I'M SO SUPRISED!

*ehem* Well you know what they say. Haters gonna hate. And regular people gonna lol at haters.

Overall these seem like pathetic attempts at trolling. And why is everyone agreeing with them on moviebob?
Last time I checked people were allowed to change their opinions. And have opinions without being called biased for expressing those opinions on his show.
Not to support them but you're calling them names for expressing their opinion and then saying moviebob is entitled to his opinion. :p Are they entitled to their opinion? XD

I don't know why people are hating on moviebob. He has two shows here, I assumed he alsohad a fanbase, yet I seem to be the only one here who enjoys his stuff. The game-antithinker is a joke. We're supposed to hate his "strawman" and laugh at their jokes?

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
DalekJaas said:
The articles you posted did have some valid points and expressed some of the feelings I have had towards the Escapist in the past.

I visit the Escapist because it is a fast and reliable source of gaming news, even though I do find the authors annoying as they frequently put in lines expressing their own opinions.

Also the link about MovieBob is probably 99.9% accurate, hell I think it is spot on.
Shit there were a lot of valid points made in all of those articles. Just because it's obvious trolling doesn't mean there isn't truth contained within the writing.

I've noticed a number of the reasons listed by the author, and it's because of them that I've been visiting the Escapist less and less. Maybe it's time I found a new source of gaming news.

Gorobrin

Mar 16, 2011
ignore them. they probably got their last bar of forum life taken away posting on a movie bob thing.