I just met Lady GaGa

DanDanikov

Dec 28, 2008
Amon Tobin after his gig down in London. Pretty cool, but had some mates he wanted to spend time with, which was understandable.

Before that, Jonathan Coulton, when he played here in Edinburgh. It was a fairly small, personal venue, so we had plenty of time to chat with him, pose for photos, etc. We even pointed out how his t-shirt sweat looked like pikachu. Would love to get him back again, Paul and Storm too.

I met both Martin Rees and Robert Winston when I presented a school art project at the Royal Institute in some kind of national competition. Admittedly, they're scientists, not celebrities, but it still makes me squee.

Prior to that, Lynne Reid Banks (author of the Indian in the Cupboard) gave some prizes at my school- I'd won a maths prize. She wasn't very impressed with my book choice though (The Klingon Dictionary). I don't think many people were.... I thought it best to not ask for an autograph.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
When I was about 11/12 I saw Gordon Banks at a football match once. Was too much of a chicken shit to approach him as I would be now with any celebrity. I'm awkward enough around regular folk let alone somebody famous.

Ratlover

Jul 17, 2011
I got drunk with the band, Less Than Jake. They had gotten off stage and were having a party on their bus. I got in because I had just turned 21 and couldn't wait to get smashed. They were nice guys and they were joking around how they would be forgotten in a couple of years. Be careful what you wish for, lol.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Jesse Eisenberg was filming a movie in my town not long ago, I saw him cross a street once.

And my dad once yelled at Pierce Brosnan at a Broadway play.

That's about it.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Harlan Ellison called me a "cheap fucker" for only buying one copy of each of his books. It was an honour.
Also, Terry Pratchett told me my copy of Good Omens smelt of beans. Not sure what to make of that one.

floobie

Sep 10, 2010
JBGigas said:
I've had nice little chat with our President Tarja Halonen.
And I don't know if this counts, but the lead signer of Ensiferum is a friend of mine.
It sure as hell counts in my books. Petri Lindroos, right? I particularly like his work with Norther, though I think he's also a great fit in Ensiferum.

Anyway, most famous people I've met... Dream Theater... because I bought the mega-VIP tickets to one of their shows. It was pretty rushed, though. I also met all of Epica, save for Coen Jansen (Oliver Palotai was touring in his place) under similar circumstances (VIP tickets). They were all really friendly and I was able to chat with all of them for a bit, without me going mega fanboy... actually asked Mark Jansen about his songwriting process and stuff. Real conversation!

Sans vip tickets, I'd say all of Firewind. Chatted with Gus G and Bob Katsionis a bit after a show a few years ago.

Flaming Geek

May 4, 2010
Brandon Sanderson bought me food once. Was hanging out with him and some other fans, playing Magic at Denny's at one in the morning. Good times.

oden636

Jun 15, 2009
Working for a company selling Burgers I met Moss from the IT crowd(Richard ayaoade, or something like that). I told him he had to order doing Moss' voice.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
You're avatar fits perfectly with you working there as ''added security''.

OT: I have met mickey mouse...

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
I live in Canberra, and I used to go to one of the most highly regarded schools for rugby in the country, so I've met A) a metric fuckton of politicians. And B) a metric fuckton of rugby players. Hell, a lot of the Brumbies (one of the best teams in Australia) went to my school. The two Fainga'a twins, Saia and Anthony went to school with my older brother, and their younger brother, who just joined the team, was in my year.

The old longtime captain of The Wallabies (National team), George Gregan, went to my school as well. Funnily enough, he apparently enjoyed cricket more than rugby. But yeah, I met him about 5 times.

Pity I don't care about rugby.

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
I was pretty cool with Lionel Hampton when I was a little kid. He used to give me candy and cash.

I spoke with the drummer of Anamanaguchi for a while after a show in a bar in New Orleans.

That's nothing compared to my parents, though. My dad met Bill Clinton during his presidency. President Clinton borrowed my dad's saxophone. Either one or both of my parents met Bill Cosby. I know there are other stories that they haven't told me or that I've forgotten.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I met Bill Richardson - twice - he's got this aura about him, like he's a pretentious prick full of enough hot air to help power Howl's Moving Castle around the world, twice.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
My dad met Paul Mcartney in Centeral park he asked my dad to hold his kid while he cleaned the ice-cream off her face then asked if they wanted the news paper he was reading. AND MY DAD DIDN'T ASK FOR AN AUTOGRAPH I DON'T CARE IF YOU WERE BEING POLITE STILL IF YOU ASKED NICLEY I DON'T THINK HE WOULD HAVE MINDED!

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I got hit in the back of the head by Charisma Carpenter accidentally at Super Nova once. I also had a great chat with Neil Kaplan, the voice of Tychus Findlay, who was kind enough to record an intro for my podcast.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
MeXR said:
I FUCKING LOVE CORN FIELDS!!
That litterally made me choke on my tea, best. comment. ever.

OT: What was the topic again? that comment has made me forget everything i know about everything

Actually OT: I once met noel fielding and we talked about iphone apps for about 5 mins got a autograph and he wandered off xD