I just want to say thanks :)

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
Oh!

Heyyyyy! I used to see you post a lot but not anymore. Good to see an old face again.
Glad to hear I was noticed lol, there are people with tens of thousands of posts and you wonder if people notice ya some times :)

Callate said:
Thanks for being positive.
No problem, better to focus on what's good in ones life sometimes! You're a mystical 2008er, I thought they were only legend!

Canadamus Prime said:
You're welcome.
Now that's a username I remember, hope things are going good for you! Us 2009ers have got to stick together :)

Hawki said:
Drathnoxis said:
Your welcome!
"You're."

Don't ruin the moment with poor spelling. :p
At least they tried xD

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Christ I don't check in for about a month and this is what happens?!

Ah sod it. I'm gonna miss this place too IF it ever goes. This community has gotten me through some shit. I won't ever forget the time I have had here or the people here that have made me laugh.

Love you all to pieces!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Canadamus Prime said:
You're welcome.
Now that's a username I remember, hope things are going good for you! Us 2009ers have got to stick together :)
I remember seeing your username pop up from time to time too and I hope the same for you. Not many of us left are there? I, myself, don't know how much longer I'll continue to hang around.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
This place is one I have a lot of fond memories of, even if I'm basically a ghost now (Not that I was anyone really of importance back in the old days anyway). Although, I did end up a bit...disillusioned with some aspects of gaming and just a number of new releases not appealing to me. Which, along with work happening means I just ended up absent from this place.

On a more positive note, I'm happy this place brought you happiness just as it did to countless others!

Silentpony said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Silentpony said:
Uh, no?
And according to this: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=furry
there actually isn't a set definition of furry, and to each their own. So I am not a furry, and say that furries are people with fursonas or otherkin, wear mascot costumes, are sexually attracted to anthropomorphic animals and on average had written or read some lemony Sonic Fanfic.
I actually hate Sonic with a passion.
Cool! Makes two of us!
I used to describe the Sonic Fandom as being much like the dead body we kept in the basement: We don't talk about it, we're not proud of it and if anyone asks about the excessive air freshener use we just tell them it's to cover up the "Cigarette smell" of the place.

Bad metaphor aside, it was in some ways one of the original "Crazy" fandoms...although whether it's since been supplanted is up for debate, but it isn't brought up as much anymore compared to some of the newer "crazy" fanbases. Not to say I still don't hate the sonic fanbase, but it's no longer quite to the same level of passion as I used to possess.

I mean, say what one will about the Pony fandom but you lot at-least like something that has some actual quality control, love and effort put into it by the creators.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Infernai said:
Bad metaphor aside, it was in some ways one of the original "Crazy" fandoms...although whether it's since been supplanted is up for debate, but it isn't brought up as much anymore compared to some of the newer "crazy" fanbases.
Well, a close second on my list of hated fanbases is the Five Night at Freddy's one. Thank everything that it died down now mostly.

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Canadamus Prime said:
You're welcome.
I remember seeing your username pop up from time to time too and I hope the same for you. Not many of us left are there? I, myself, don't know how much longer I'll continue to hang around.
Can't say I know either, but I have a feeling I'll prob pop in weekly at the least until whenever this place ends. If it doesn't somehow pick up and improve that is.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Canadamus Prime said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Canadamus Prime said:
You're welcome.
Can't say I know either, but I have a feeling I'll prob pop in weekly at the least until whenever this place ends. If it doesn't somehow pick up and improve that is.
Somehow I don't see that happening considering it would require the support of Defy and Defy has clearly abandoned the site and can't be contacted to give those who want to rebuild it the tools they'd need to do so.

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
Somehow I don't see that happening considering it would require the support of Defy and Defy has clearly abandoned the site and can't be contacted to give those who want to rebuild it the tools they'd need to do so.
Yeah, that's why more then likely it's going to disappear at some point, which is a shame.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I'm not a frequent visitor anymore, haven't been for years, probably since MovieBob and Jim left for greener pastures. But hell if I haven't met people on the Escapist that have stayed solid friends for years. 2009 seems a lifetime ago and I'll be sad to see this old place eventually turn to dust.

It was always saddest seeing frequent names and avatars fade into obscurity.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
It's nice to see people being appreciative of the time they have had on this site. My time here has significantly decreased -- for the better, due to personal reasons and not because of the site itself -- but I still enjoyed a lot of my time here.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
What a lovely post.

I've liked my time here and will continue to pop in, even if the people I used to banter with are no longer here.

The Escapist still gets me right in the feels.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I feel the same as OP
I can't really remember a time without the Escapist, I've been here for over 10 years counting the time before my join date, when I only read the articles and watched the videos.
Now if I post once a month is good, and like now, this is the first day in maybe 2 weeks I've even opened up the Escapist, mainly because this was my go to place when it came to news in the movie and gaming world, which we don't really get here anymore :(
I will always remember this place and its quirky inhabitants, which I felt a part of :D