I killed a woman...LOL JK I don't drive in the kitchen!

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
blalien said:
I_am_a_Spoon said:
blalien said:
I will unleash my repertoire of sexist jokes if at least one person asks for it.
Shoot.
Offensive jokes below. You have been warned:

How do you know a woman's about to say something intelligent?
When she begins with, "A man once told me."

Why do women have smaller feet than men?
So they can stand closer to the sink.

What do you call a woman who has lost 95% of her intelligence?
Divorced.

What do you do when your dishwasher stops working?
You slap her.

Why can't Helen Keller drive?
Because she's a woman.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing you haven't told her twice already.

Why do blondes often have sores around their belly buttons?
Because blonde men are stupid too.

Why do Jewish men get circumcised?
Because Jewish women won't touch anything that's not twenty percent off.
I found that last one to be extra hilarious

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Mr.Pandah said:
Now before you jump down my throat about the topic title, it was used to get your attention, and if the moderators are opposed to it, I will change it.

What is up with this lately though? These horrible jokes that do nothing but demean women? I mean, I'm all for funny jokes, but these ones...after about the first two or three, I've had more than enough. It seems to be really sweeping the Facebook crowd and honestly, it has gotten really annoying. When women actually say that they dislike this stuff too, all of the guys jump down their throats about how they need to learn to just take a joke...and then make them a sandwich.

Is it just going too far sometimes? Or is it all in good fun? I'm sure a lot of these don't have anything behind them, but when is enough really just enough?
It goes both ways, I mean you have plenty of man-hate coming from women the same way as "jokes". I've occasionally been around when "The View" was on, and at times it basically struck me as a bunch of women sitting around busting on men. Shows like "Desperate Housewives", "Gilmore Girls", and "Sex And The City" while watched by both genders to some extent tend to do it to.

Now granted, the style of humor can be differant from the delivery in the title, but the results can be the same. To each their own (so to speak), in todays world of media getting upset because some group is being picked on is ridiculous because if you look hard enough your going to find that group picking back (or trying to). Everyone gets theirs, and gets one back at some point.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
blalien said:
I_am_a_Spoon said:
blalien said:
I will unleash my repertoire of sexist jokes if at least one person asks for it.
Shoot.
Offensive jokes below. You have been warned:

How do you know a woman's about to say something intelligent?
When she begins with, "A man once told me."

Why do women have smaller feet than men?
So they can stand closer to the sink.

What do you call a woman who has lost 95% of her intelligence?
Divorced.

What do you do when your dishwasher stops working?
You slap her.

Why can't Helen Keller drive?
Because she's a woman.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing you haven't told her twice already.

Why do blondes often have sores around their belly buttons?
Because blonde men are stupid too.

Why do Jewish men get circumcised?
Because Jewish women won't touch anything that's not twenty percent off.
I lol'd. I consider myself a terrible person, and thus there are very, very few jokes that can offend me.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I think the humor in sexist and racist jokes is great because the target of the joke usually can't take the joke as anything more than a grave insult. I also like them because they are also self-degrading. If I tell a joke about a woman, it makes me look chauvinistic. If I tell a racist joke, it makes me looks like a racist. Most people (at least the majority around me) understand that I'm a level-headed person, and I don't hate people of a different race or gender.

Bottom line though, if I told a feminist to go make me a sandwich, the hilarity would be in watching her think I was serious.

Sprong

Nov 17, 2009
I have to admit, the title of the post had me ready to flame you! I am glad this mode of thought hasn't invaded the Escapist.

Mr.Pandah said:
Is it just going too far sometimes? Or is it all in good fun? I'm sure a lot of these don't have anything behind them, but when is enough really just enough?
I agree that the trend has gone too far. I've nothing against people making the odd quip, and they can be funny in the right situation - but if someone tells jokes like that all the time it gets disturbing, regardless of if they're "just joking". And those facebook groups? Yuck. I mean, I'm a guy and those groups don't appeal at all. And yet there are girls who join them ...

There's always an element of seriousness behind jokes which are told repeatedly. Humour is a tool with which provocative viewpoints (sexism in this case) can be made to seem less controversial and more socially acceptable.

SpecklePattern said:
And surely there is the fear of men, that women will undermine the manly status of men in different social and cultural areas.
Also, this.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
Now before you jump down my throat about the topic title, it was used to get your attention, and if the moderators are opposed to it, I will change it.

What is up with this lately though? These horrible jokes that do nothing but demean women? I mean, I'm all for funny jokes, but these ones...after about the first two or three, I've had more than enough. It seems to be really sweeping the Facebook crowd and honestly, it has gotten really annoying. When women actually say that they dislike this stuff too, all of the guys jump down their throats about how they need to learn to just take a joke...and then make them a sandwich.

I lol'd so hard at the title.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
It's mindless humor. I'd say one of the lowest kinds of it. But still, the title made me laugh on the inside. I'm not sexist, but I can lol at sexism. Just because you find something funny it doesn't make it true!

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Sleekgiant said:
Make me a sandwhich!!!!

But why just stop at jokes demeaning women, how about racially insensitive jokes, or jokes about sexuality. Why can't they all just stop, I'll tell you why.

Because we are human beings and we will be cruel to the germans, its just a fact of life.
Fixed it
OT: Sleek has a point, but yeah, it's getting tiresome.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
I've learnt to ignore them. Some of them are funny, but when I'm told to go make someone a sammich in all seriousness, I ask them if they'd like a knuckle one because I am about to punch them in the face.

Sexism is fun and all, but not when you actually MEAN it.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
It's funny because men can only think of kitchen based jokes when it comes to women. You see many men posting the same jokes and thinking they're hilarious.
If they were that misogynistic in real life, they would get stabbed and I would laugh.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
See the last Extra Punctuation [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/7597-Extra-Punctuation-Male-Protagonists], re: Macho men.

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
Miumaru said:
Long as they're funny. However people should lay off if people are getting bothered. Also guys who want to have girlfriends should probably avoid them. Guys with girlfriends should avoid them more.

Just need to realize people may look at you poorly for them.
Actually, I think I've told more since I got a girlfriend, merely because her reactions to them are so damn funny and not in a negative sense. Maybe I'm just lucky to have found someone who takes it in humor and replies with wit.

Nyxia

May 24, 2010
Most of the jokes are actually somewhat funny, people should calm down and stop taking offense so easily.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Yes, it IS possible to be offensive and hurtful with a joke, and even more shocking is that the one telling it is in the wrong. Fucking incredible...