I like Call Of Duty

Rock-nerd

Apr 6, 2012
Yep, i admit it. I like... Call of Duty. Say what you want but i enjoy something, i don't rub it in your face about it, yet everyone is still hating on the CoD community. You probably see me as some ignorant 12 year old who says "******" over and over on xbox live, but the truth is Metal Gear Solid is my favourite franchise, i love Bethesda games and play mass effect. But if i like COD then i'm a "poor excuse for a gamer" *Facedesk.

So what do you think?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
That's cool. I like tuna fish. I had two tuna fish sandwiches last night, and they were pretty good. Not SUPER good, but pretty good. I really like having them with this particular kind of Italian Bread. I don't know why, but it goes really good with Tuna.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Congrats, you enjoy a game...what of it?

People don't hate on the CoD community specifically, they hate on the franchise itself. The argument against CoD isn't that it's players are a bunch of jackasses (though I'm certain there's plenty around here who'd say they are) but rather that Activision has been putting out the same game every November, just a couple more bells and whistles onto it.

In short, there's nothing really "new" about a "new" CoD game.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I'm actually playing COD right now. That answer your question?

GangstaPony

Apr 29, 2012
Call Of Duty 1-4: Some of the greatest games of all time worthy of being called Classic
Modern Warfare 2 & 3, Black Ops... HURR DURR! SHITTY MULTIPLAYER & $15 MAP PACKS BULLSHIT!!

Black Ops 2: Savior of the franchise??? wait and see...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
GangstaPony said:
Call Of Duty 1-4: Some of the greatest games of all time worthy of being called Classic
Modern Warfare 2 & 3, Black Ops... HURR DURR! SHITTY MULTIPLAYER & $15 MAP PACKS BULLSHIT!!

Black Ops 2: Savior of the franchise??? wait and see...
I doubt it, they need to go backwards and get back to the simplicity of COD4: Modern Warfare. Everyone gets 1 UAV, 1 Airstrike, 1 Attack Chopper, and nothing else. That's why the first MW game was so great: you didn't have to worry about 700K things in the sky that can kill you before you know you're even dead. You could actually build a class without saying "Yeah, it looks good, but I'm gonna be getting my ass blown off by killstreaks." The newer games have made the stealth perks almost a necessity...without them you're just asking to get killed.

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
I don't see you as anything in particular, I simply don't believe you. Or perhaps you've never tried anything else because that one is advertised so much.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
That's cool. I like tuna fish. I had two tuna fish sandwiches last night, and they were pretty good. Not SUPER good, but pretty good. I really like having them with this particular kind of Italian Bread. I don't know why, but it goes really good with Tuna.
Tuna sucks and if you like tuna then you're some kind of stupid tuna lover; nobody likes you, stupid tuna lover! :mad: [footnote]If you don't realise this is a joke then may a thousand pelicans crap on you.

I also love tuna.[/footnote]

As has been said before, good for you but why should we care? This thread seems to me like you're trying to get people to make angry grunting noises at you.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Ickorus said:
Tuna sucks and if you like tuna then you're some kind of stupid tuna lover; nobody likes you, stupid tuna lover! :mad:
That's pretty ignorant, man. Just because someone likes....ahhhhhh fuck! Pelicans!

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
That's nice to know.

Just kidding. It really isn't. Nor is it not nice to know. Seriously, what is the point of this thread?

Also the majority of people who play CoD are prepubescent kids who think there's nothing else worthy of playing other than the latest CoD title.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Rock-nerd said:
So what do you think?
I think you're a wee bit too late for this rant. Jim Sterling made it before you and he made it better. Also, I couldn't care less about the CoD community. Well, I could but then I wouldn't know of it's existence, so it's the lowest measurable not caring I can have. I don't see you as a 12 year old who says ****** a lot, I see you as a person ho complains because other complain. News flash - people complain. People complain about everything. It's your job not to take everything so personal.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
There are plenty of people that like playing Call of Duty, even on this very site. They just usually have better things to talk about, rather than just making threads out of it. This thread is kind of pointless, I doubt the people that will blame you for single handedly destroying the gaming genre or whatever will do it here, and others don't really see the discussion value in personal taste.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I like sex.....

Sorry, I thought this was the "state random things we like" corner....

Although it is nice to see someone type out a post that isn't ripped straight from anywhere else, i've never seen any of that said anywhere before ..... *cough*Jim*cough*.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Rock-nerd said:
Yep, i admit it. I like... Call of Duty. Say what you want but i enjoy something, i don't rub it in your face about it, yet everyone is still hating on the CoD community. You probably see me as some ignorant 12 year old who says "******" over and over on xbox live, but the truth is Metal Gear Solid is my favourite franchise, i love Bethesda games and play mass effect. But if i like COD then i'm a "poor excuse for a gamer" *Facedesk.

So what do you think?
My main genre of choice is JRPGs, yet I also like CoD. I kind of use it as a sort of diversion. Say I am playing a really involved game and need to take a little break and just kill some people I will pop in Modern Warfare 3.

I love when people call me a ****** on the game, because I must be kicking ass to get 12 year olds all riled up.

High respect for MGS being your favorite franchise. That and Resident Evil (minus some shitty cough*operationracooncity*cough spin-offs) are likely my 2 favorite non rpg franchices. I do enjoy CoD's gameplay but when playing the campaigns I can't even begin to say why MGS is so much better storywise.

So, just play the game and not care when people get on the CoD bashing bandwagon.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I really enjoy the Zombie modes, worth buying for that it you have someone to play it with you on a regular basis.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
And i like Spirits Within. Does anyone care? Nope. Like what you like and tell the haters to fuck off.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Rock-nerd said:

So what do you think?
That bolded part looks kind of funny from here.

Not sure what hit the nerve and caused the rant though?