I love cookies. ....No homo.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
I find the term "no homo" not only insulting to people like myself, but to same-sex male bonding and platonic friendship that is not the remotest sense "sexual" or romantic. It's all about weeding out people regardless, a reason to elevate yourself over someone else. That's the only no homo exists, because some guys are so insecure with themselves that they have to prove it, even in moments where most people would "let their guard down" and actually *gasp* express honest human emotions.

I call it "the paranoid cult of masculinity"
choo choo next stop self-pity station

no homo
Where do you get off saying that? I had no problems in high school and would often counter "no homo" with "VERY homo" proceeding to hug my male friends (they knew I was gay and didn't give a damn)
I find the term "no homo" not only insulting to people like myself

I mean lighten-up, tbh as a British person I can't say I have ever heard anyone say no homo
Of course you've never heard anyone say no homo, hence why you have the nerve to accuse me of pitying myself. Do yourself a favor and don't comment on topics you know nothing about or have nothing to say about said topic.
Do yourself a favour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
smearyllama said:
Yes, there actually is a good reason for having a thread titled this.

I was chatting on Steam yesterday with a former best friend (we've moved on, but we still talk sometimes), and he added a :) to the end of a message.
His next message was "No homo".

After a brief explanation, it was brought to my attention that using smilies was "Kinda homo".
I find that kind of odd.
I find that smilies are a useful way of communicating basic emotions in a medium that doesn't lend itself well to it.
On a later subject, he also found that saying he loved Gmod required him to say No Homo.
What?

What do you make of this?
It seems to be a common trend, and I'm not exactly sure what to make of it.
Do you really need to reassure everyone else of your sexuality if you say something that isn't completely and totally masculine?
Thoughts?

To clarify, he's 14.
He's 14 so his brain hasnt fully developed yet, that is all.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
are they? Hunh, guess I can never smile again. are XDs homo, cause I dont wnat to give that up.

anyway, kinda OT, I find anyone that says No homo after anything is just fucking retarded and needs a good smacking upside the head.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
I find the term "no homo" not only insulting to people like myself, but to same-sex male bonding and platonic friendship that is not the remotest sense "sexual" or romantic. It's all about weeding out people regardless, a reason to elevate yourself over someone else. That's the only no homo exists, because some guys are so insecure with themselves that they have to prove it, even in moments where most people would "let their guard down" and actually *gasp* express honest human emotions.

no homo
Where do you get off saying that? I had no problems in high school and would often counter "no homo" with "VERY homo" proceeding to hug my male friends (they knew I was gay and didn't give a damn)

I mean lighten-up, tbh as a British person I can't say I have ever heard anyone say no homo
Of course you've never heard anyone say no homo, hence why you have the nerve to accuse me of pitying myself. Do yourself a favor and don't comment on topics you know nothing about or have nothing to say about said topic.
Do yourself a favour

Never mind, if you find meaningless commentary on the escapist "funny" than remind me to walk by your window (while you're eating a dinner or whatever with your family) and kindly give you all a reverse V. After all, it means nothing to Americans so it's automatically okay for me to do it and it's funny because it's an offensive sign to you. And as you yell at me, I'll say "oh lighten up... tis all in good humor"

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
14?
Makes sense. That's how people were like when I was that age. Not really sure of they sexuality, I guess.
I used to use no homo with my sister, because its what we do- say really random crap to each other.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
No, you do not need to reassure people of your sexuality every time you do something not completely and utterly masculine. To clarify, I'm 14.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:

no homo

Do yourself a favour

Never mind, if you find meaningless commentary on the escapist "funny" than remind me to walk by your window (while you're eating a dinner or whatever with your family) and kindly give you all a reverse V. After all, it means nothing to Americans so it's automatically okay for me to do it and it's funny because it's an offensive sign to you. And as you yell at me, I'll say "oh lighten up... tis all in good humor"
Its not so much about the actual action as it is the intent. No homo isnt meant to be serious and if it is said seriously than the person doin so has completely missed the point. If somethin is completely meant only as a form of satire and someone gets all uppity about it that is their problem for bein unable to distinguish a joke from somethin serious.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
PatSilverFox said:
You should even be able to say you love a guy and not have to say no homo.

It's ridiculous and frankly insulting.
I still don't get how people get offended/insulted by stuff like this.
It puzzles me just as much as the guy's logic in the first place o_O

THIS TOPIC MAKES MY BRAIN HURT. SOMEBODY DERAIL IT.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
Kasurami said:

When did smiley faces have anything to do with sexuality? And when did they have anything to do with anti-masculinity? That just hurts my brain.

Anyway, to answer the actual question, no. Whenever someone has to reassure me or themselves that THEY ARE TOTALLY NOT GAY OKAY GUYS then it always comes off as insecure to me.
Props for the Nostalgia Critic clip! I love him..... no homo.

(A Bat-Credit Card???!!!)

Joey245

Jan 29, 2009
It's just a teenage fad. The term "No Homo" is really just an overused joke, like "Yo mama is..." or "That's what she said!" He'll hopefully grow out of it.

Personally, I long for the day that I'm twenty years old. Then I'll finally feel that I have the right to say:

"Haha, stupid teenagers"

Without insulting myself as well.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
shintakie10 said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:
jamesworkshop said:
Johanthemonster666 said:

no homo

Do yourself a favour

Its not so much about the actual action as it is the intent. No homo isnt meant to be serious and if it is said seriously than the person doin so has completely missed the point. If somethin is completely meant only as a form of satire and someone gets all uppity about it that is their problem for bein unable to distinguish a joke from somethin serious.
Again, it's all fine and dandy for you to say what's serious and what's not (you've already worked that out with your friends), but then again neither of us have been made fun of or penalized (I've seen it countless times) for being close to someone in general with no sexual connotations to it until some stranger heckles you with the INTENT of being both funny and to embarrass. No Homo stopped being funny years ago and even when it was said around me (I've always been aware it's suppose to be humorous) and it was used very formally (with fake laughter mixed in for good measure), like a require afterthought in case anyone got confused about their sexuality in the past second or so of the friendly exchange ??o_O??

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I don't understand why he would have to say "no homo" after putting a smily face at the end of his sentence or saying he likes gmod.

If he said he loves you in a hetero, friendly way, then a "no homo" would be appropriate.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
we should introduce smilies with the dukes face, those are manly enough for all those unsure of their sexuality.

PatSilverFox

Apr 2, 2011
PoisonUnagi said:
PatSilverFox said:
You should even be able to say you love a guy and not have to say no homo.

It's ridiculous and frankly insulting.
I still don't get how people get offended/insulted by stuff like this.
It puzzles me just as much as the guy's logic in the first place o_O

THIS TOPIC MAKES MY BRAIN HURT. SOMEBODY DERAIL IT.
Guess what.
You just bumped it.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
I laughed at this... No Homo.

Me and my friends used to say that all the time.

btw, using LOL requires a "No Homo" after it. Seriously, Laugh Out Loud? Who the fuck says that?

Haha. Thats what you say.

:D
Thats the non-homo way to smile.
So I say
:)

(No Homo)