I need a certain kinda game..

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Dirty Hipsters said:
Try "Asura's Wrath." It's pretty much a video game version of crazy anime fight scenes.

It's a hack and slash game where you play a demi-god, and the game does a good job making you feel like your character really is a super powerful god.
Yup seconded that game is insane and great fun but I will never buy that DLC I cant believe they cut that the bastards and the story is so good as well it really compliments the type of game it is.

I didnt pay much for the game as I bought it really late but damn is it fun and makes you feel like a total badass.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
well.. it ended up with guns ... Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.. dug it up from my old games shelf :p but thanks all for the help :D got a few new games to look into ^^

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Smertnik said:
Maybe Darkness, to some extent?
Also does God Hand count?
Yeah, The Darkness 2 is really good for that sort of thing.

Also, I know exactly how you feel OP. That's why superhero games are usually great. I think Hulk Ultimate Destruction was like that, so was War of the Monsters.

Jon Solmundson

Jul 26, 2012
How has no-one mentioned Dynasty Warriors yet?

I know it doesn't exactly have a good name in most educated circles, but it's a very simple kind of fun, and it sounds like EXACTLY what you're looking for. Especially if you've got a (possibly inebriated) friend to play with, then it's a real treat.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
What about Prototy~ oh...

like others have said, the gameplay/cutscene/review I saw of Asura's Wrath looked pretty cool, give it a try?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Jon Solmundson said:
How has no-one mentioned Dynasty Warriors yet?

I know it doesn't exactly have a good name in most educated circles, but it's a very simple kind of fun, and it sounds like EXACTLY what you're looking for. Especially if you've got a (possibly inebriated) friend to play with, then it's a real treat.
Yeah, lol, I kind of expected people to spam Dynasty Warriors in this thread since it is exactly what the OP wants.

There are even those spin-offs with Gundams and shit.

Another game could be something like Earth Defense Force (either 2017 or Insect Armaggedon) but those revolve around guns so it may not be what he wants. It does have the massive destruction though

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Since you got it from an episode of Bleach, then Bleach: Soul Resurrecion if you don't mind a Dynasty Warriors clone.

zama174

Oct 25, 2010
EvilMaggot said:
Asura's Wrath. Asura's Wrath. Asura's Wrath. Asura's Wrath.

Skip to 1:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1ug1a6gVl8

Edit:

Also, Shadow of the Colossus. If you haven't played that. Go fucking play it, we will talk when you get back.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
EvilMaggot said:
Try Kingdoms of Amalur, you can do crazy shit right after the tutorial. It's one of those games that makes you feel empowered from the get go.

Also, Dishonored on high chaos sounds like pretty destructive thing.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
You can try some of the Dynasty Warriors games. You as one person running around a battlefield cutting the shit out of legions of soldiers. It's sort of a unique taste, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read your request.

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
I've also been looking for a certain kind of game tho slightly different from yours. I love stealth games but not in the hide the bodies kind. I like the something closer to Deus Ex: HR or farcry 3. Any ideas on those lol?.

OT: Other than the ES and dynasty warriors i can't really think of any off the top of my head. Fallout maybe?

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Play Morrowind. It's not entirely designed to be what you're after, however:

1) There are plenty of ways to break the game. You can make potions that improve your potion making, drink them and make more until you're making absurdly powerful potions. You can hoard enchantmented jewellry with destruction effects and rapid fire those enchantments. You can make clothes enchanted with 100% sanctuary, making yourself impossible to hit with melee weapons, or 100% chameleon, making you invisible even when you hit people or steal stuff.

2) Unlike the other Elder Scrolls games, you can fly easily in the vanilla game, without installing any mods. And the majority of enemies have no counter for this.

Combine the two and you can be a flying, fireball lobbing death machine.

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
Play Mass Effect. Choose adept as your class. Enjoy the screams of your enemies and the lamentations of their women.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
I dunno. maybe disgaea?

it's an SRPG. even if it's not what you wan't I'd recommend it

Lawbringer

Oct 7, 2009
Crysis 1. (The second as well, but I enjoyed #1 more). It was designed for this exactly. Basically you are incredibly powerful, so the enemies are numerous to make up for it. You'll have the blood of many foes on your hands before you finally take your fingers from the keyboard.

If you've ever watched the film Predator, you're basically that. Strength, speed, incredible healing, jump up into trees, cloaking ability...it's got it all. It is a shooter, but I've completed it several times without ever firing a shot. Punching an enemy tank off a cliff is so much more satisfying...!

Also, the enemies are Korean (to my best recollection), so you can roleplay single-handedly defeating the huge numbers of Kim Jogn Un's finest!

SteamboaTravis

Nov 18, 2009
The Incredible Hulk film tie-in game is a modestly priced candidate. The missions, bosses, and enemies are intensely repetitive, but on the other hand the controls handle well and you can tear New York down with your bare hands and throw cars at helicopters.

o_O

Jul 19, 2009
You say no guns/explosives, but I'd still say Just Cause 2.

Hookshot a statues head to a helicopter and use the head a a wrecking ball? Sure, why not. Strap a ton of c4 to a car then run it into a military base and blow it up? Sure, why not. Tether a guy to a moped and drag him along while he screams? Sure, why not. Fly a plane into a radio tower and jump out just before it hits? Sure, why not.

Just Cause 2 is basically Dick Around Engine 2.0.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
o_O said:
You say no guns/explosives, but I'd still say Just Cause 2.

Hookshot a statues head to a helicopter and use the head a a wrecking ball? Sure, why not. Strap a ton of c4 to a car then run it into a military base and blow it up? Sure, why not. Tether a guy to a moped and drag him along while he screams? Sure, why not. Fly a plane into a radio tower and jump out just before it hits? Sure, why not.

Just Cause 2 is basically Dick Around Engine 2.0.
ooooh i love just cause 2... ended up with a mod that your C4 can blow up half a city <_< also playing with Bolo path... INFINITE ROPES!!