I need a new GBA game

Stephen Wo

Mar 16, 2011
If you can find it, pick up the original Gameboy copy of Rainbow Six. Metroid: Fusion is also pretty good.

CaptainTrilby

Jun 3, 2011
LoZ: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem 7 (Sacred Stones is too easy I feel)
Final Fantasy IV and VI
Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion
Mario VS Donkey Kong (if you like puzzle platformers)
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario Advance 2
Sonic Advance 1,2 and 3

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
RedRussian said:
otakon17 said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Advanced Wars was pretty good, if you're looking for a strategy game.
yes, and Fire Emblem as well if you like a more fantasy RPG flavor to strategy as well.
EDIT: DAMN IT! NINJA'D
Both are great series. Advanced wars because its challenging and strategic, and fire emblem because of its good narrative (and because who doesn't love Dorcus?)

I would also recommend Final fantasy six (I think it is 3 in Japan ? That always confuses me. The one with Kafka and opera) Its a really good game if your looking for an RPG with a good length and very good characters.
Slight correction. When Final Fantasy 6 was released in the U.S. it was under the name of Final Fantasy 3 because they never released the real NES versions of 2 and 3. It is known on the GBA as Final Fantasy 6 Advance. And I agree it's an excellent game in general, and overall one of the best Final Fantasy games made. God I hate 13 so much....

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
You should check out the Professor Layton series. Solve intriguing mysteries, one IQ-test style logic puzzle at a time!

Also, Dragon Quest IX: Old, OLD school fantasy adventure, from a development crew that DOES make them like they used to!

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I know you said it's too expensive, but I think a DS Lite is only about $70 bucks now.
It should be in your price range soon.

That said, I recommend Super Mario Advance. Any of them, though I only had World.
I have fond memories of Golden Sun, which I see you've already beaten.
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town was pretty fun, but since I played it when I was eight, I never really got into the complexities of farming.

There are a lot of really good titles out there, and whatever these guys recommend should be good.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
busterkeatonrules said:
You should check out the Professor Layton series. Solve intriguing mysteries, one IQ-test style logic puzzle at a time!

Also, Dragon Quest IX: Old, OLD school fantasy adventure, from a development crew that DOES make them like they used to!
He did say Gameboy Advance...
Just sayin'.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Metroid Fusion. To this day one of my favorite Metroid games. Zero Mission is great as well. Other than that, either of the Fire Emblems is great if you're alright with strategy.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Metroid: Zero Mission
Fire Emblem
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Sonic Advance series
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Zelda: The Minish Cap

Well... those are all my favorite GBA games in my collection, not including straight-up ports. Are you looking for Gameboy or GB Color games as well? (GBA is backwards compatible)

Edit: Breath of Fire I&II? Dang son, I like your taste in games.