I need a RPG

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
zup guys.

I'm in need of an RPG, something like the RPG elements in Spellforce or anything like that.

Dragons (i LOVE dragons) and equipment would definetly be a plus.
I have A LOT of RPG's and i abso-fucking-lutely love 'em!!

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Something like SpellForce? SpellForce is more of an RTS/RPG hybrid, not really a typical RPG.

You could check out SpellForce 2 if you haven't already, Warcraft 3, or Warlords: Battlecry (1/2/3), which also blend RTS and RPG elements.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Something like SpellForce? SpellForce is more of an RTS/RPG hybrid, not really a typical RPG.

You could check out SpellForce 2 if you haven't already, Warcraft 3, or Warlords: Battlecry (1/2/3), which also blend RTS and RPG elements.
No, what i mean is the RPG in Spellforce, sorry i should have said that :)
I already got those games, but thanks anyway :)

gostchiken

Aug 22, 2009
Legend of the Dragoon, dragons and magic and swords, oh my! It's a pretty good game too.

captainaweshum

May 1, 2010
I have no idea what Spellforce is but for a kick-ass rpg with a classic combat system you could do worse than Lost Oddyssey.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I'd have to go with either Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss or Tales of Vesperia anything in the Tales series of games works ok.

I'll also recommend the .hack games too.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Kris015 said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:

Hm, that opens your options quite a bit. Dragon Age: Origins is pretty much the new hotness, and certainly worth checking out. You might also enjoy the Dungeon Siege games. Older RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura are still very much worth playing as well, if you don't mind dated graphics.

There are tons of options, even without straying to subgenres like the jRPGs most people seem to be recommending.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Skies Of Arcadia Legends. It's worth getting a GameCube for.
Other format examples are:
PS1: FFI+II(Origins)+IV+V(Anthology)+VI+VII+VIII+IX, Breath Of Fire IV
PS2: Digital Devil Saga 1+2, FFX+X2+XII, Dark Cloud+Chronicle
PS3: FFXIII+Disgaea 3 360: Mass Effect 1+2 PSP: Half Minute Hero

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Kris015 said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:

Hm, that opens your options quite a bit. Dragon Age: Origins is pretty much the new hotness, and certainly worth checking out. You might also enjoy the Dungeon Siege games. Older RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura are still very much worth playing as well, if you don't mind dated graphics.

There are tons of options, even without straying to subgenres like the jRPGs most people seem to be recommending.
I got Dragon Age and Baldur's Gate, and i've played a bunch of JRPG's :)
I might check out Dungeon Siege though :D

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Kris015 said:
I have... A lot :D
Then play it more!! Damn, what a fine game...

I guess you could also play KoToR, Fallout 1 & 2 (it's criminal how few people have played those two games), Planescape: Torment, etc.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
MaxChaos said:
Kris015 said:
I have... A lot :D
Then play it more!! Damn, what a fine game...

I guess you could also play KoToR, Fallout 1 & 2 (it's criminal how few people have played those two games), Planescape: Torment, etc.
I have all Fallout games too xD

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
I've been in the same boat as you. If you don't care that much about the whole high fantasy setting (swords and dragons and the like) Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is available on Steam for the cheap.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
One everyone seems to miss out for some reason is FATE. Well, it may be because it's more of a dungeon crawler with RPG elements, but hear me out XD
I love that game, and heartily recommend it.

There is a sequel out there somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember what the subtitle is XD But check it out, seriously :D

Seldon2639

Feb 21, 2008
PERSONA 3!!!!

Seriously, it's not mythological, but it's one of the best RPGs to be made in the past decade.

ironduke88

Mar 20, 2010
as your suggestion was spellforce I am assuming your platform is an oldish computer i would suggest Neverwinter nights, Knights of the old republic (I or II), Baulder's Gate (I or II), Fallout (I or II, betrayal at krondor, Icewind Dale, Jade Empire, Deus Ex or the most recent Heros of Might and Magic.