I Need a Skyrim Substitute

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
goldfalsebond said:
Demons's Souls...i bid thee good luck
I actually have that! Thank you, I had completely forgotten about it (somehow) which is really weird because I actually really like it. Maybe now that I'm out I don't fancy punishing myself by going back in.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Never go wrong with Neverwinter Nights. The original with updates and all teh expansions, though, becasue as fun and good looking as 2 is, there are just too many problems with it.

And to whoever said Demon's Souls...are you trying to traumatize them?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I'd recommend Witcher 2,if you're computer can handle it.

Fyi,the graphics are amazing even on medium/low settings.The settings I currently play at.

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
Honestly just play Oblivion. That's what I am doing. Start a new character and let Bethesda work its magic. You will be hooked for weeks.

Zeromaxx

Walrus King
Jul 2, 2008
I'd second Risen, it's a bit older so your laptop should run it pretty well, as well as Divinity 2 Ego Draconis (conveniently available on both the 360 and PC, I'd spring for the Dragon Knight Saga as it includes the base game and all of the DLC for it) that uses the same engine as Oblivion and Fallout 3 and is reminiscent of Oblivion but with so much more dragon related stuff.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Try Amnesia: The Dark Descent, yes its not an RPG but it is a 1st person survival horror that is extremely well done, and very immersive game.

psicat

Feb 13, 2011
PS3/Xbox 360: Dungeon Siege III, Borderlands, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Alpha Protocol, Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga (Xbox 360 only).

PC (GOG.com): Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Fallout 1 and 2.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Fbuh said:
Never go wrong with Neverwinter Nights. The original with updates and all teh expansions, though, becasue as fun and good looking as 2 is, there are just too many problems with it.

And to whoever said Demon's Souls...are you trying to traumatize them?
Personally, I disliked NWN. NWN2 is excellent if you play Mask of the Betrayer. Not so much on the original campaign(though I personally feel that NWN2 OC is much better than NWN OC).