I need a sweet metal band name!

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
team star pug said:
I read from a previous escapist thread that if you click random twice in wikipedia you get a good name.

I'd say the mega puggers.
Doing that got me:

Nanakōdai Abraham

could be worse I guess

EDIT: The third random article was about Dibenzocycloheptene. Which is all kinds of awesome

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Keep it simple. The majority of all good metal bands have simple and memorable names. Something too dark and descriptive can make a band sound silly.

something involving 'Shrapnel' maybe? It's a good word. I don't know I'm not good at this game.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
TARANCHULA! Oh wait that's taken.

Let's see, even a metal newb like myself knows that it would need to sound awesome, dark, metallic and snappy. How about something like STEEL and you have an umlaut over one of the e's?

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
The avenged metal knot of a God?
See what I did there?

Unknown Artist. That'll confuse all the people with mp3 players.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Dead Zebra

Be sure to pronounce it with a British accent and a short e. Like rhymes with "Deborah"

bruunwald

Feb 26, 2010
Deiphagia said:
someonehairy-ish said:
metallica, slipknot, avenged sevenfold and lamb of god.

speeded up thrash metal with some tap/shred solos thrown in.
*snickers like a retard*

Seriously, you can't get metal influence from a non-metal band.
You mean metal bands never got any of their "influence" from classical music? Because classical music isn't metal. So how could it have been an influence? And yet, it was, wasn't it? You can be influenced by anybody or anything. Plenty of heavy songs have been written from non-heavy sources.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
KaZZaP said:
Witty Band Name
That's the silliest name I've ever heard! Imagine if someone came in here with "Witty Username"!

OT: Just press the "random article" button on wikipedia twice. The title is your new metal name.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Mjolnir
Thunderclash
Raging Dragon
Red Dragon
Tombslayer
Death Adder -- but only if you can do a cover of the Golden Axe theme

[metal elitism] Really though, your influences, stated genre, and described sound don't mesh at all. Only one of your influences can be described as Thrash -- or at least they once could -- and none of them can be described as any kind of death metal; more like metalcore for most of them, and that isn't metal at all. [/metal elitism]

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Teddy Bear Autopsy takes the win for me, but if I was to suggest some (not so serious ones):

/Wrists
Alien Teddy Bear Autopsy
(everything is better with aliens)
Alien Anal Inspection (Don't ask, because I don't know)
Pirates/Ninjas (As in Pirates over Ninjas)
Ninjas/Pirates (If you like Ninjas better)

Yeah, none of those are very serious but the more ridiculous the name, the more people will remember it.

Although one serious suggestion might be Mind/Matter. If you like the "something over something else" thing.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
someonehairy-ish said:
CORRODED SIN said:
Metallica is classic.

Lamb of God is fucking Lamb of God.

Slipknot is Slipknot.

Avenged Sevenfold is the metal equivalent of a boy band.
It could be worse. Most people our age listen to shit like N-dubz.
I've never got why avenged sevenfold get this kind of flak though. I dunno try listening to 'Reminissions' or their cover of Walk by Pantera. Those kick ass. Drums on Remissions particularly are a beast.
That is true...

I really can't explain what I mean by that statement, but I think it explains itself a bit. People who think they like metal listen to A7X. I listened to them, when I was 14, then found better music.