I need help on picking a band name?

arc101

May 24, 2009
Okay, our "brilliant" guitarist chose the name 'lake' when the band was totally different. Then we had a different line up and different sound. So now we need a knew band name and our guitarist, the genius he is, is coming up with the worst names known to man.

Okay, I though of the name 'Four to Doomsday' because it sounds quite cool, but he keeps coming up with names like 'blind' and 'buzzkill', So I have come crawling to the internet to help us think of a name that isn't god awful!!

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...My band name in Rock Band 3 is "Car Full of Midgets" [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoJkACS39t4]. Not sure if that helps.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Just do a random search in Wikipedia and pick the name of the page. If you don't find anything useful it'll at least provide some entertainment.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
How about "TONIGHT ONLY!"

That way, all your posters can read: "TONIGHT ONLY! IN CONCERT! TONIGHT ONLY!"

arc101

May 24, 2009
TheRealCJ said:

Thing is there is a band called 'one night only'

Jul 9, 2010
There's a chain message prowling the Book of Faces that goes thus:

***1 - Go to wikipedia and hit random. The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band. 2 - Go to quotationspage.com and hit random. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album. 3 - Go to flickr and click on ?explore the last seven days?. Third picture no matter what it is, will be your album cover. 4 - Use photoshop or similar (picnik.com is a free online photo editor) to put it all together. 5 - Post it with this text in the "caption" and TAG the friends you want to join in.***

I hope that helps.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
arc101 said:
TheRealCJ said:

Then you think of something better, instead of asking us.

arc101

May 24, 2009
TheRealCJ said:
arc101 said:
TheRealCJ said:

We are trying. 'Four to doomsday' is winning our little poll so far, but we wanted a broader range of ideas from more people.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
arc101 said:
Okay, our "brilliant" guitarist chose the name 'lake' when the band was totally different. Then we had a different line up and different sound. So now we need a knew band name and our guitarist, the genius he is, is coming up with the worst names known to man.

Okay, I though of the name 'Four to Doomsday' because it sounds quite cool, but he keeps coming up with names like 'blind' and 'buzzkill', So I have come crawling to the internet to help us think of a name that isn't god awful!!
How about Night After Doomsday?

Band names don't really matter in the long run. They just need to be memorable and look good in writing for logos and posters etc. My last band was called Sweet Vegas. People always liked and remembered that name...

Alternatively, name it after the captcha you get for your next one? Let some good come from this madness...

Visions Rotenter?

arc101

May 24, 2009
Raven said:
arc101 said:

How about Night After Doomsday?

Band names don't really matter in the long run. They just need to be memorable and look good in writing for logos and posters etc. My last band was called Sweet Vegas. People always liked and remembered that name...

Alternatively, name it after the captcha you get for your next one? Let some good come from this madness...

Visions Rotenter?
Tempted to steal 'sweet vegas'. Do i have permission?

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
TheRealCJ said:

On a similar note, Ladies and Gentlemen.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, LAAADIES AAAND GEEENTLEMEN!"

Can we have a music sample? It's hard to think of a band we don't know the sound of. Some names only work with certain genres.

Death Designator would be a cool metal one. The Teakettles would be better for Alt-rock, or something light.

TheRealCJ said:
arc101 said:
TheRealCJ said:

He didn't say it was a bad name, just that it was taken. Chill, dude.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
The Milking grounds
[Guitarist name here] and 3 Goons
Doom at four
Squad HBilly
Debatable
Horny Horses with Long hair
Grease Bananas
eRection
DOOM Dudes
Four Goons
Lots of Hugs <3 <3 by Jesus
Two Doubles
Björn
Black Mickey
Lakeside killers
Four hire
About 4
Four no more
Four sale

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
arc101 said:
Tempted to steal 'sweet vegas'. Do i have permission?
I wouldn't care but they are still going, I left them about a week ago. But they've already established the name and websites/facebook etc so it wouldn't be in your best interests. I find that two words with three or under syllables always seem to make good band names.

Also depends on your style of music...