I need help With a job interview

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I'm not sure if this type of thread is allowed but I need some help. I have an interview coming up for a job at a Coldstone, an ice cream chain, and part of the interview process is showing off a talent to gauge my personality off of.

Now I'm shit when it comes to talent and I don't really know what I would do. Singing is not mandatory but is probably going to be a popular choice among interviewees. I've thought about doing a cover of "Eat it" but that may be too obvious, and the "This is why I'm Paul" except using my name instead.

Anyone have any Ideas?

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
If you believe singing will be a popular choice, I wouldn't do it unless you have an excellent singing voice. Otherwise, you may get lost in a sea of mediocre.. not what you're aiming for!

Perhaps learn a couple of card tricks/easy magic tricks? Or.. um.. I don't know.

Mostly, I just wanted to say, "Good luck! That sounds harsh."

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Not an idea, but it's more than likely the interviewer is going to be looking for how friendly/willing to put on a brave face/not aiming to hog attention/ you are rather than how talented you actually are... Do a funny finger puppet show or something.

Apr 25, 2009
The fuck? What the fuck kind of employer would make you fucking sing and dance at an interview?

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Digi7 said:
The fuck? What the fuck kind of employer would make you fucking sing and dance at an interview?
Have you BEEN to Coldstone? They sing all the time, at the slightest provocation. But at least they make really good ice cream. :p

TC: I don't think they're really looking for talent as much as they are enthusiasm. Whatever you choose to do, do it hard and enjoy it and I'm sure they'll like it. :p

Apr 25, 2009
Jack the Potato said:
Digi7 said:
Have you BEEN to Coldstone? They sing all the time, at the slightest provocation. But at least they make really good ice cream. :p

TC: I don't think they're really looking for talent as much as they are enthusiasm. Whatever you choose to do, do it hard and enjoy it and I'm sure they'll like it. :p
Sounds like a pretty wanky ice cream place if you ask me, for 'drama students' and all those 'special talents'.

Just give me my god-damn frozen cream in a cup :mad:

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Digi7 said:
Jack the Potato said:
Digi7 said:

Sounds like a pretty wanky ice cream place if you ask me, for 'drama students' and all those 'special talents'.

Just give me my god-damn frozen cream in a cup :mad:
A worker at the one I'm applying for gave the heads-up that he had to stand in a circle outside in the parking lot and each one got a turn doing there talent.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok let start off with the actual skills/ talents that you're already good at? Maybe you could somehow turn that into a show biz for them?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This sounds really weird, I mean showing of a talent to get a job that has nothing to with the job itself?
Well I'd say learn some basic card tricks or something, or learn how to make really good ice-cream-balls, amke 3 of them and juggle with them.
Other than that, Good Luck!

Captcha sais "Atomic Bomb", that is also an option I guess...

broadbandaddict

Jun 12, 2010
That sounds really odd... all my interviews were pretty much "Look how smart I am see? This paper I handed you said so, now give me money. Don't worry I'll do good work when you are staring directly at me but otherwise not so much."

You could try... dancing or... uh... jokes... or impressions maybe?

... I don't think I could get a job like that. Best of luck.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Well if you got the physical capabilities doing some flips and shit doesn't take much preparation and looks impressive.

Just start looking at what you are good at and go from there. If you have no showy talents then pick something relatively easy and practice until you are decent.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
You need to get in contact with the employees working at the time of your interview, and get a few vocally talented friends to burst into song when you get their.

I've actually interviewed for a job like that before, and I thought it was fucking stupid.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
JoesshittyOs said:
You need to get in contact with the employees working at the time of your interview, and get a few vocally talented friends to burst into song when you get their.

I've actually interviewed for a job like that before, and I thought it was fucking stupid.
Aren't all job interviews stupid as fuck? They all involve "show us how much you give a shit about this job even though we know you're only doing it for the money (which is probably crap btw)".

OT: Don't sing if you think lots of people will do it and you aren't an amazing singer. Pick something safe that you know you are relatively good at and show you enjoy it.