i need more music!

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Here's some good ones (to me)
Lit, Alkaline Trio, Eve 6, Sum 41, The Vandals, Four Year Strong, and definitely give The Bouncing Souls a shot.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
How do you feel about Monster Magnet or Electric Wizard?

Also, Creature Feature, always good for a laugh.

heavy-metal-ink

Dec 10, 2009
Try some Djent? Nowhere near enough people seem to know about it.

Just an instrumental version, there's another with lyrics but this kind of gets the genre across better, considering its built around the guitar tones and technicality.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Scrolling through iTunes reveals:

Afro Celts, Tori Amos, Antiloop, David Arkenstone, Balligomingo, The Band, Barenaked Ladies, The Birthday Massacre, Blackmore's Night, Blue Stahli, Booka Shade, Bowery Electric, Savoy Brown, Buckethead, Buckwheat Zydeco, Budgie, Cake, Camper van Beethoven, Johnny Cash, Celldweller, Clannad, The Clash, Les Claypool, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, The Cocteau Twins, Albert Collins, Concrete Blonde, Elvis Costello, Cowboy Mouth, The Cranberries, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Crystal Method, Cusco, Daft Punk, The Dandy Warhols, Dead Can Dance, The Dead Milkmen, Delerium, Dido, Dire Straits, Thomas Dolby, The Dropkick Murphys, Duran Duran, E.S. Posthumous, Enya, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, soundtracks to Overlord/Final Fantasy/Fahrenheit/Black Hawk Down/The Incredibles/Sins of a Solar Empire/Gurren Lagann/Waterworld/Hitman 2/V for Vendetta/Battlestar Galactica/Serenity/Conan the Barbarian (the real one, not the disastrous remake from last year)/Dawn of War/Torchlight/Bleach/The Cell/Lord of the Rings/Dune/Gladiator, The Firesign Theatre, The Flaming Lips, Flogging Molly, Fluke, John Fogerty, Foreigner, Foster the People, Frou-Frou, Peter Gabriel, Garbage, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Gravity Kills, The Guano Apes, Emmylou Harris, Imogen Heap, John Hiatt, Hooverphonic, Bruce Hornsby, Human League, Ima Robot, INF, Information Society, The J Geils Band, J Ralph, Joe Jackson, Jean-Michel Jarre, Jem, Norah Jones, Juno Reactor, The Killers, King Missile, Leo Kottke, Kraftwerk, Lacuna Coil, Ladytron, Huey Lewis & The News, Lionrock, Live, Lordi, The Lords of Acid, Luscious Jackson, Man...or Astro-Man?, Manowar, Massive Attack, Mazzy Star, MC 900 Ft Jesus, Loreena McKennitt, Medieval Baebes, Ministry, Modest Mouse, Monster Magnet, Coco Montoya, Morcheeba, Morphine, My Bloody Valentine, Alannah Myles, Nightmares on Wax, Nightwish, No Doubt, Paul Oakenfold, The Offspring, Oingo Boingo, Old Blind Dogs, Ozric Tentacles, Pendulum, Tom Petty, Liz Phair, The Pixies, Pop Will Eat Itself, Portishead, Praxis, Prodigy, The Propellerheads, The Radiators, Lou Reed, Runrig, Rustic Overtones, Joe Satriani, Shriekback, Paul Simon, The Sisters of Mercy, Sleepthief, Sleigh Bells, Sneaker Pimps, Soul Coughing, Soundgarden, Regina Spektor, Stone Temple Pilots, Sublime, Tenacious D, Thievery Corporation, Richard Thompson, The Toasters, Tool, Tricky, Type O Negative, VAST, Suzanne Vega, Violent Femmes, Tom Waits, Ween, Weezer, White Zombie, The Who, Within Temptation, Worm Is Green, Yellowcard, Zero 7, Zeromancer, Warren Zevon.

And that's just the stuff I felt like listing.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
KefkaCultist said:
I have pretty much no rap for ya, so instead I bring forth the Nine Inch Nails!

Nine Inch Nails? FUCK YES!!!!

sorry...I just really like NIN

his first album is one of my favorites (Pretty hate machine I think)..it kind of has that "80'" sound you dont get in his later work...(actually that comes through in ruiner a bit..I had "downward spiral" ageis ago but never gave it a real listen...that was before I liked NIN)

my favoties

[spoiler/]

[/spoiler]

and really...with NIN its hard to pick favorites..I like almost all his stuff

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Started to put together a list of videos. Hit wrong key. Deleted 15 minutes worth of effort. Now just going to dump artists/producers into a long list that no one will read any way. But oh well. I've been enjoying these acts lately--

Mostly a list of hip-hop, trip-hop, electro, bass music, and livetronica acts.

Some names off the top of my head that I think make pretty dope music are Gramatik, Emancipator, SuperVision, Beats Antique, Pretty Lights, Lotus, Blue Sky Black Death, The Glitch Mob, Sound Tribe Sector 9, RJD2, SBTRKT, The Polish Ambassador / Ample Mammal, El-P, The Malah, Emancipator, Cinnamon Chasers, aether, Ott, Younger Brother, Big Gigantic, Tipper, Fat Jon, Massive Attack

Now that's a fun and diverse list of music-makers, in my humble opinion.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Vault101 said:
Nine Inch Nails? FUCK YES!!!!

sorry...I just really like NIN

his first album is one of my favorites (Pretty hate machine I think)..it kind of has that "80'" sound you dont get in his later work...(actually that comes through in ruiner a bit..I had "downward spiral" ageis ago but never gave it a real listen...that was before I liked NIN)

and really...with NIN its hard to pick favorites..I like almost all his stuff
Pretty Hate Machine is great, but my favorite is With Teeth mostly because it's the album that got me into NIN in the first place. Chosing only those five songs was hard for me, but I didn't want a huge spoiler box full of greatness. After I posted I was like, "damn, I should have put Sin or Head Like A Hole in there". I think I got a good variety of Reznor's sounds in those five though.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008

All good songs, I love Rush, and Kid Cudi is one of the few hip-hop artists I actually enjoy. Wolfgang Gartner is also pretty sweet.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
God said:

All good songs, I love Rush, and Kid Cudi is one of the few hip-hop artists I actually enjoy. Wolfgang Gartner is also pretty sweet.
fuck....

I have $1.72 left on my Itunes account..."Pursuit of happyness" is $2.19 (songs are eather 1.69 or 2.19)

fuck Itunes and its bizare pricing...:/

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Vault101 said:
God said:

fuck....

I have $1.72 left on my Itunes account..."Pursuit of happyness" is $2.19 (songs are eather 1.69 or 2.19)

fuck Itunes and its bizare pricing...:/
That's a right shame, it's a brilliant song. His two best songs IMO are Pursuit of Happiness and Day and Night.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
I've been listening to a League of Legends streamer's playlist for the last week. It's mostly got classic rock, but also some stuff that's just fun to listen to.

http://guardsmanbob.com/media/radio.php#

The playlist changes moderately every day.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Johnny Impact said:
Scrolling through iTunes reveals:

Afro Celts, Tori Amos, Antiloop, David Arkenstone, Balligomingo, The Band, Barenaked Ladies, The Birthday Massacre, Blackmore's Night, Blue Stahli, Booka Shade, Bowery Electric, Savoy Brown, Buckethead, Buckwheat Zydeco, Budgie, Cake, Camper van Beethoven, Johnny Cash, Celldweller, Clannad, The Clash, Les Claypool, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, The Cocteau Twins, Albert Collins, Concrete Blonde, Elvis Costello, Cowboy Mouth, The Cranberries, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Crystal Method, Cusco, Daft Punk, The Dandy Warhols, Dead Can Dance, The Dead Milkmen, Delerium, Dido, Dire Straits, Thomas Dolby, The Dropkick Murphys, Duran Duran, E.S. Posthumous, Enya, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, soundtracks to Overlord/Final Fantasy/Fahrenheit/Black Hawk Down/The Incredibles/Sins of a Solar Empire/Gurren Lagann/Waterworld/Hitman 2/V for Vendetta/Battlestar Galactica/Serenity/Conan the Barbarian (the real one, not the disastrous remake from last year)/Dawn of War/Torchlight/Bleach/The Cell/Lord of the Rings/Dune/Gladiator, The Firesign Theatre, The Flaming Lips, Flogging Molly, Fluke, John Fogerty, Foreigner, Foster the People, Frou-Frou, Peter Gabriel, Garbage, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Gravity Kills, The Guano Apes, Emmylou Harris, Imogen Heap, John Hiatt, Hooverphonic, Bruce Hornsby, Human League, Ima Robot, INF, Information Society, The J Geils Band, J Ralph, Joe Jackson, Jean-Michel Jarre, Jem, Norah Jones, Juno Reactor, The Killers, King Missile, Leo Kottke, Kraftwerk, Lacuna Coil, Ladytron, Huey Lewis & The News, Lionrock, Live, Lordi, The Lords of Acid, Luscious Jackson, Man...or Astro-Man?, Manowar, Massive Attack, Mazzy Star, MC 900 Ft Jesus, Loreena McKennitt, Medieval Baebes, Ministry, Modest Mouse, Monster Magnet, Coco Montoya, Morcheeba, Morphine, My Bloody Valentine, Alannah Myles, Nightmares on Wax, Nightwish, No Doubt, Paul Oakenfold, The Offspring, Oingo Boingo, Old Blind Dogs, Ozric Tentacles, Pendulum, Tom Petty, Liz Phair, The Pixies, Pop Will Eat Itself, Portishead, Praxis, Prodigy, The Propellerheads, The Radiators, Lou Reed, Runrig, Rustic Overtones, Joe Satriani, Shriekback, Paul Simon, The Sisters of Mercy, Sleepthief, Sleigh Bells, Sneaker Pimps, Soul Coughing, Soundgarden, Regina Spektor, Stone Temple Pilots, Sublime, Tenacious D, Thievery Corporation, Richard Thompson, The Toasters, Tool, Tricky, Type O Negative, VAST, Suzanne Vega, Violent Femmes, Tom Waits, Ween, Weezer, White Zombie, The Who, Within Temptation, Worm Is Green, Yellowcard, Zero 7, Zeromancer, Warren Zevon.

And that's just the stuff I felt like listing.
This guy knows his stuff alright...

Some really great bands in there.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Well, rather than giving you a huge lump of stuff, I'll post a couple of things from my Grooveshark account.

Seeing these guys support Black Stone Cherry in March, looking forward to it. Usually I'm not such a fan of bands that sound straight out of the 70's, but they're genuinely brilliant.

Everyone likes Sonic Youth, even if they don't know it yet.

I don't know about the video either. The Bronx are great, I'm not quite so big on the Mariachi stuff, but it's all good.

Skindred are just completely awesome. They're pretty much the only band I can stand that can mix dubstep influences and all that jazz into their sound, and Benji Webbe is one of the best frontmen in the business.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Dragonforce. A metal band where you can actually understand the singer, and the solo guitar sections are amazing.

jakeEHTlovless

Dec 8, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Tips_of_Fingers said:
I'm going to put my iTunes on shuffle and post the first 5 songs that come up. = D
That's a good idea; I'm gonna try that :D

i already have those actually haha