Stand and Deliver by Adam & The Ants

Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie

The Journey by Ben Konstantinovic

Korobeiniki by the From Russia With Love Choir

Sandwich by Parry Gripp

The list goes on...

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
Gogol Bordello will make you smile and feel good, guaranteed. Mmmm, gypsy punk. <3

I dare you to try and listen to Gogol Bordello without a gigantic grin on your face. It is impossible.

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
Here I go, this is all metal.

Amon Amarth - Death Metal, but really awesome and slower than other Death Metal bands out there
Anthrax - Thrash Metal, one of the big four, really awesome
Atheist - Technical Death Metal I guess, but lighter than most Tech Death bands out there
Blotted Science - Progressive Metal, and totally instrumental. Really great songs.
Cryptopsy - Technical Death Metal, but completely different than Atheist. Very faster and harder stuff.
Death - The founders of Death Metal, they have their similarities with Atheist, albeit they have a harder sound, nowhere near Cryptopsy though.
Dream Theater - Progressive Metal, very light stuff... though it's worth listening to.
Electric Wizard - Stoner Metal, the only band I have that plays stoner metal, but it lets me know that I should get into more Stoner bands... very heavy and slow stuff.
Fear Factory - Industrial/Thrash/Groove/Death Metal. Really awesome. That is all.
Iron Maiden - Really, one of the most famous Metal bands out there. They pioneered the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement... they are very light... but no one can call themselves a metalhead until they have at least one of Iron Maiden's albums.
Jonnah - A very new band, that plays a sound that now gets categorized as Djent. Think Meshuggah.
Kreator - I've heard them get called Teutonic Thrash Metal, and I'm not sure what that means... but what I do know that they have an awesome, heavy, fast sound. They also were a major influence on Death Metal.
Manowar - Heavy/Power Metal. Very epic sound, their lyrics are especially great.
Meshuggah - One of the most innovative bands out there, they single-handedly invented a genre, Djent. It's a very interesting sound, would definitely recommend it if you're bored of other kinds of Metal
Metallica - Thrash Metal, again one of the big four, you pretty much love Metallica or hate them.
Morbid Angel - Death Metal, a heavy sound. Can't really comment any further than that they're great.
Napalm Death - The fathers of Grindcore. Grindcore is a very hard, heavy and rough sound, that not everyone can listen to.
Nile - Technical Death Metal... these guys really are good. They have great technical prowess and are really worth checking out.
Origin - Wikipedia says that they are "Brutal Technical Death Metal", haven't heard that before. But I'd say that describes them perfectly. Very brutal... just nonstop action.
Periphery - Again a new Djent band, but lighter than the other ones.
Rammstein - Neue Deutsche Härte, or rather, Industrial Metal. My favorite band on this list, I'd really recommend them to anyone, even if they're not a fan of metal.
RXYZYRX - Djent, that's all there is to it.
Sensory Amusia - The heaviest of Djent bands I've heard so far.
Sepultura - Thrash/Alternative/Groove/Death Metal. I don't really know. Definitely not my favorite band, but not my least favorite either.
Slayer - My favorite of the four big Thrash Metal bands. They have a very fast, thrash sound. Definitely recommended.
Strapping Young Lad - Experimental/Extreme/Industrial/Heavy/Progressive Metal. Another one of Devin Townsend's projects. This one is my favorite.
System of a Down - Alternative Metal, I guess. They are very fast, they have very interesting songs and are a fun listen.
Vader - Death Metal. Very rough, heavy sound.
Venom - Thrash/Speed Metal. Again, not the most favorite of bands, but I like them.
Vildjharta - Again Djent, but one of the best ones in it.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I recently got into Shinedown, they began with that Nickleback knockoff style sound, but have progressed to a harder rock sound, its really good

and theres cake. Have some cake.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Look up Snappleman. His/Hers/their project choas album is a remix of the sonic and knuckles soundtrack, and I loved every second of it.

Brought back some good memories

P.Tsunami

Feb 21, 2010
I could fill a thirty page thread with my favorite music, so with parameters that loose, I wouldn't even know where to begin. So I'm gonna begin with the last band I was listening to: The Tea Party. Amazingly cool band (who, incidentally, did the music for Prince of Persia - The Sands Of Time). I highly suggest checking out "The Bazaar". And then anything else by the band.