I need some load order advice on Skyrim Special Edition.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
I just picked up the game on xbox one (well borrowed from a friend but same difference at the moment. Played before on 360 and got most of the achievements, so I decided to try a few mods.

I've NEVER messed with mods before. My dinosaur of a PC failed to run Oblivion when I tried it a while back.

I'm hoping if I type out my load order someone here can point out if I've done something horribly wrong or if I'm using something known to be really buggy.

Please note that I share the xbox one with my brother so technically it's the same load order for both of us atm. We mostly agreed on mods so things I'll be turning off when I play will be marked with the following

1. Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
2. Falskaar
3. The Forgotten City
4. Khajiit Speak Complete dialogue overhaul
5. GET: No More Dead Merchants! A Game Environment Tweaks mod (XB1)
6. KS hairdos lite
7. Apachii Sky Hair Lite main XB1
8. Seraphim Female Body Replacer - TBBP Edition [XB1]
9. Beauties of Skyrim
10. Seraphim skimpy armor and clothing replacer
11. JazzJR's Khajiit body texture XB1
12. Better Looking Khajiit
13. Dominion's More Khajiit
14. Skyrim player re-voiced - Young male Khajiit
15. XP32 Maximum Skeleton+Realistic Ragdolls and Force

So far it seems to be working but I wanted to be sure because this was about half guesswork.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is "No more Dead Merchants". The description says that affected merchants are supposed to have an asterisk after their name. I haven't seen any asterisks yet and I'm not far enough into the game for either random dragon or vampire attacks yet. I honestly only downloaded it because I couldn't find "Run for Your Lives!" (i think that's the name) that makes non guard NPC's run inside during attacks. This seemed like it might be an ok substitute.

Any advice?

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
I am now experiencing a glitch that has on two occasions (when meeting Janessa and Lydia for the first time) that caused their faces to look like they were covered in something resembling digital static.

Sort of like this image...

http://televisionsproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/BW_ANTS_VS_COLOUR_STILL-copy.jpg

(safe site far as i know and SFW i swear)

I'm a little afraid to start turning mods off and on to check for fear of breaking things further.

Reloading an older save fixed Janessa but it actually made Lydia look worse.

Any advice?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I cant directly help you, cause I dont use mods in games, but Id hate for you to wait for no answers either.

Do you have a Steam account? If so, maybe ask the people on the forum for Skyrim SE, they would likely be better able to help you, even though you're on Xbox.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Saelune said:
I cant directly help you, cause I dont use mods in games, but Id hate for you to wait for no answers either.

Do you have a Steam account? If so, maybe ask the people on the forum for Skyrim SE, they would likely be better able to help you, even though you're on Xbox.
I have one but I used it all of once to buy Puzzle quest 2 when it came out. (loved the first one) Can't even remember the login info. Maybe I can make a new one.

Asked on Betheda.net too and got a little advice but it didn't fix Lydia.

I know you said you don't use mods but in case anyone else sees this and can help me here's what I tried.

Reinstalling Beauties of Skyrim fixed her for about 10 mins but the static came back. Tried Adorable Females in place of Beauties, started over entirely cuz I was afraid of breaking things more. Now her face is blood red.

Cap'nPipsqueak

Jul 2, 2016
darkcalling said:
Saelune said:

I have one but I used it all of once to buy Puzzle quest 2 when it came out. (loved the first one) Can't even remember the login info. Maybe I can make a new one.

I know you said you don't use mods but in case anyone else sees this and can help me here's what I tried.

Reinstalling Beauties of Skyrim fixed her for about 10 mins but the static came back. Tried Adorable Females in place of Beauties, started over entirely cuz I was afraid of breaking things more. Now her face is blood red.
If you were using the PC version, I'd likely be able to help - there are a couple of sites that will automatically set your mods in an order in which they'll play together properly and let you know if and why they won't. Unfortunately, I don't know and doubt there's something like that for consoles.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Cap said:
darkcalling said:
Saelune said:

If you were using the PC version, I'd likely be able to help - there are a couple of sites that will automatically set your mods in an order in which they'll play together properly and let you know if and why they won't. Unfortunately, I don't know and doubt there's something like that for consoles.
Cap said:
darkcalling said:
Saelune said:

I got stuff working eventually. A guy on the Bethesda.net forums was able to give me some advice. Turns out the body replacer I was using was conflicting with the skimpy armor mod I was using. No way to fix it since the mod author took all his stuff down like hours after I downloaded it. but swapping to a different body replacer and skimpy armor combo seems to have fixed my problem.

I'm enjoying the game with mods now (mostly) but I dunno how much I'll use them in the future if this becomes a regular thing with games on consoles.

I say mostly enjoying because I downloaded the Forgotten Dungeons mod that adds a bunch of new dungeons to the game. I found one (forgotten tomb) and got so incredibly lost that I couldn't find a way forward or a way back out. luckily I had a save from before I went in there but still.Seems well designed but between my being tired and the dungeons odd design being full of traps and everything twisting back in on itself it was brutal.

edit: How the heck did I quote that twice? looking at it now and it looks like I only did one. weird.