I never asked for this...

WickedFire

Apr 25, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26036429

So bionic hands that can sense touch and pressure are now real. I for one found this to be pretty cool. Wonder how long it will be until someone makes a sleek black version with spring blades.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
WickedFire said:
So bionic hands that can sense touch and pressure are now real. I for one found this to be pretty cool. Wonder how long it will be until someone makes a sleek black version with spring blades.
I wonder when it will be available as an affordable prosthetic to anyone who might have lost their arm, but of course we should make sure the "sleek black version with spring blades" to show off with gets on the shelves first.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I see this as a good way for people who sadly lose their limbs. I like it as an idea, I just hope it truly works, ya know?

*puts on awesome golden sunglasses*

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
WickedFire said:
It's an impressive development, but I shudder to think of the cost. And I don't know that it's good enough that it will convince more than a minority of people to wear it - the vast majority of arm amputees I know don't use a prosthetic at all - the pros and cons of discomfort vs. utility just isn't where it is with legs, even when you're looking at high-end pieces.

That said, you can get prosthetics in black with different distal attachments, so technically we're already pretty close in that sense!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
WickedFire said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26036429

Ah, who needs that? Go-Go Gadget Arms!

*Punches someone from like ten feet away*

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
This is really cool, hopefully it won't be too long until they're refined and are available for the people who need them. I can think of few things more distressing than losing an arm or a hand.