I never understood gamer rage more since I started playing Splatoon 2.

Sep 24, 2008
I mean, I'm sitting here still ragged and muscle clenched from a come from behind victory. This is because I lost my weapon ranking from Superfresh to Fresh in a few games. Why? Because someone dropped out at the last moment in the last three previous games before that. And I am so angry.

Not that it means anything. Not only is it a game, but it's a useless stat... but my Superfresh went down because of other people.

I've been screenshotting. I'm habitually the number one player on my team. And I'm still losing because other people don't really get how to play (it doesn't matter how much you kill people, you're supposed to ink up the place)

I normally stay away from online competition to avoid... pretty much what I've turned into. I do not like it. But I also do not like excelling and having it not matter because my team isn't there, achieving along side me.

But I do not wish anyone dead. I don't not want to say anything disparaging about their mothers or whatever. I get being new or just wanting to have fun. Being self aware, I guess I should just want to play the game and enjoy it for what it is. But I now find it very hard to compete and not want to be the best.

Why do Nintendo games make us all into rage monsters? Smash, Mario Party, now this... It's like Nintendo wants us to hate humanity.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
People not playing the objective in multiplayer games is always a thing because they want that precious KDR as it's a lot easier to get a good KDR not playing the objective. I don't get why it's not standard (I guess I thought of something for that other thread lol) for multiplayer games to match up quitters with quitters ala MvC3.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Thats why i quit playing Smite. It's a great game. But people suck. Matchmaking suck. I think its why ive drifted to 1v1 fighting games. I mind losing a lot less when it's my fault. Its also why i didn't buy overwatch, i hate having to rely on teammates to not be braindead.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
The idea of you being actually angry is hard to imagine. But then I always wonder if the more polite people on here live in demolished houses. :p

Apr 24, 2008
Get into Rocket League...

You only need 1 or 2 good friends to have a team. If you brave it with randoms you might get a shitty team, but then the match is over in 5 minutes. The aggravation is always short lived.

Sep 24, 2008
Saelune said:
The idea of you being actually angry is hard to imagine. But then I always wonder if the more polite people on here live in demolished houses. :p
This is literally why I am not liking how I feel. My dad was a rage monster. And that a children's game brings out a temper I thought skipped me is very worrying.

I've endeavored to play on, and be ok with losing. Avoiding this situation would not be as beneficial as exposing myself to it and learning how to be an adult when things don't go my way.

Sexual Harassment Panda said:
Get into Rocket League...

You only need 1 or 2 good friends to have a team. If you brave it with randoms you might get a shitty team, but then the match is over in 5 minutes. The aggravation is always short lived.
I was thinking about it when it comes out on the Switch. It seemed like an... ok concept to me. But so did Splatoon 2 and Arms and I love those things.

Speaking of which...

Lufia Erim said:
Thats why i quit playing Smite. It's a great game. But people suck. Matchmaking suck. I think its why ive drifted to 1v1 fighting games. I mind losing a lot less when it's my fault. Its also why i didn't buy overwatch, i hate having to rely on teammates to not be braindead.
I legitimately feel nothing but fun when I play Arms, so you're totally right Lufia. I never felt aggression when I play any fighting games, other than playful aggression. If you fail when you did your best, your best just needs to get better. When you fail when you did your best do to others, no matter how much more you improve, you'll most likely never do better because other people aren't reaching your level. That sucks.

Phoenixmgs said:
People not playing the objective in multiplayer games is always a thing because they want that precious KDR as it's a lot easier to get a good KDR not playing the objective. I don't get why it's not standard (I guess I thought of something for that other thread lol) for multiplayer games to match up quitters with quitters ala MvC3.
I don't ever understand why those KDR people just don't stick with COD and play deathmatch. Why do they insist on trying to make that work in games like Overwatch or Splatoon when it's the most useless stat ever? Even if it's easy to obtain. That's like collecting all the "You started the game" achievements in the history of video games. That's great, guy... but did you actually win because of it?

Even when I see I'm down a Squid in the beginning of the match, I never feel like quitting. I'm upset, but I keep at it. But also, I'm hard headed, so that's a thing as well.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
ObsidianJones said:
Saelune said:
This is literally why I am not liking how I feel. My dad was a rage monster. And that a children's game brings out a temper I thought skipped me is very worrying.

I've endeavored to play on, and be ok with losing. Avoiding this situation would not be as beneficial as exposing myself to it and learning how to be an adult when things don't go my way.
Just keep in mind what is important. I get gamer rage, but I dont lose my sensibilities. If I did, Id be out a TV and all my game consoles. Sometimes I just turn it off and lay down for a bit.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Lufia Erim said:
I'm the opposite. I would prefer to have kinda crappy teammates then just be solo. You could have played ranked duel mode, thats one on one.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
If there's anything I have a problem with in both Splatoon games, and pretty much every team-based competitive multiplayer I've been into, is that there isn't any sort of compensation or something for teams who get mid-game quitters. All the players in the smaller team should have decreased respawn time or easier-filled special gauge, just to balance the scales a little. Or, even better, you shouldn't be able to lose freshness bonus at the end of the match.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Worgen said:
Lufia Erim said:
I'm the opposite. I would prefer to have kinda crappy teammates then just be solo. You could have played ranked duel mode, thats one on one.
The problem is smite is, and rightfully so, balanced around conquest. Which mean that the balance in duel is skewed. Certain classes and characters completely dominate that mode because balance isn't done with duel in mind.

Which leads to a) everyone playing the same role/characters. B) Anyone deviating from the duel meta automatically loses.

Joust is also completely ( albiet no as bad) broken. The winning combination is guardian, mage, hunter. Sure gimmicky teams such as 3 guardians can win, but if you play outside the meta, your chances of winning are reduced.

Now i have no problem woth off meta picks in general. In conquest it works, because all the characters are balanced for that specific mode. But in other modes the balance is lopsided.

I played way too much smite. And could go on all day. Ill stop here lol.

Sep 24, 2008
Aerosteam said:
If there's anything I have a problem with in both Splatoon games, and pretty much every team-based competitive multiplayer I've been into, is that there isn't any sort of compensation or something for teams who get mid-game quitters. All the players in the smaller team should have decreased respawn time or easier-filled special gauge, just to balance the scales a little. Or, even better, you shouldn't be able to lose freshness bonus at the end of the match.
This is what actually bothers me the most. You're actively penalized for your team's actions or disconnects. It doesn't matter if you're at the top of all the boards, it doesn't matter if you are playing 3 against 4... You were on the losing team, son! Of course we gotta dock you!

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Phoenixmgs said:
Which is kinda sad, because last time I checked, Splatoon doesn't count K/D.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
ObsidianJones said:
Aerosteam said:
This is what actually bothers me the most. You're actively penalized for your team's actions or disconnects. It doesn't matter if you're at the top of all the boards, it doesn't matter if you are playing 3 against 4... You were on the losing team, son! Of course we gotta dock you!
I wish all these stats would just go away. One thing I liked about Call of Duty, was while it showed the stats of the match, it didnt go outside of that. Win or lose, good KD, bad KD, none of it left the match.

Now your wins, your losses, your kills and deaths and the average between then, your accuracy and all these other increasingly trivial stats are kept.

And it drives me crazy!

(though I also think I have some mild OCD which this all preys upon)

Edit: Sorry for the month later quote s: