I now officiallly HATE gamertags.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
i have one named pvt. parts on counter-strike (PROJECT .HACK i love pso!) awesome picture!

minidevil921

Jul 16, 2009
I hate names that point one game like n00btuberzXx93 or wuzleftz4deadz and also stop with the damn Z's and X's

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Oh no, people like different things than you, and enjoy making their gamertag what they want.

HOW DARE THEY!

(The shit talking and other things is another story)

But in all seriousness,

Calm down.

jmoore4ska

Predicament Pro Tem
Oct 15, 2009
Most are stupid, yeah. Still, i couldn't help but laugh when i saw the gt "shatpank81" the other day. It gave me a chuckle just saying "shatpank," i must admit.

The worst are the ones where its obviously someone trying to make something "cool" or "intimidating" when trying so hard makes it sad in and of itself. Ugh, my roommate for example.

Americow

Aug 26, 2009
Hooray for Americow! Xbox live is a bunch of retards anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Nico III

Apr 16, 2008
I imagine I hate the same things most other people do:
Ego padding - anything with "pro" or "elite" in it
Putting X's around it - doesn't look cool, I read them as kisses
1337 - just makes it a headache to read
aLtErNaTiNg CaPs - AnNoYeD? pOiNt PrOvEn
Massive numbers at the end - if you're the 18,465,347th person to use that gamertag, get something original
Lack of capitalization or punctuation - Just a pet peeve. If it's possible to capitalize what is after all, your screen NAME, then why wouldn't you?

And finally, the old "You killed yourself/your mom/whatever" joke. Wasnt' funny the first time, nobody falls for it...

Scratcher

Mar 27, 2009
Honestly, I don't mind the framing (XXX whatever XXX), the tally numbers (bert902) or even swapping those letters for numbers. I've been lucky, and didn't have to do any of that nonsense for my gamertag, but the point at which your name is illegible at a glance it gets annoying.

Fair enough, for some people a gamertag is nothing more than their personal barcode, but as far as identity goes, the mishapen excuses for names that appear simply make these people forgettable to me.

I do think its a shame that some of the censorship issues rob us of some great handles though. One friend spent nearly two years as "Bigblackdong" before a complaint finely brought him down.

DownOnTheUpside

Jan 5, 2008
My gamertag and screen names usually come from some musical influence.

On XBL mine is I3ehindI3luEyes. Based off the song by The Who.

But I will agree people who put excessive X's or whatever in their tags is dumb. They are trying to be cool when sadly they aren't. :( Or the irony of when people have pro or some other BS in their tag and they really suck. Makes me laugh.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
I tend to ignore other people's gamertags. Once or twice I've seen some semi-clever ones... But I can't remember them. So I retract that comment.
Mine only has a 0 and a 3 because the ones without were taken! It's an old nickname from school that I decided to keep in some small way after I left.

Kawatoo

Feb 13, 2009
I have been using Kawatoo since I first needed a Username. I still get awful mispronunciations of it like Kakatoo or Kawhotoo just to name a couple

Ragnar Homsar

Feb 11, 2010
Stupid online names aren't exclusive to LIVE.

Steam's chock-full of them, many of them often worse than the Xbox. Here's one I'll never forget:
xxxxD34D4221NL1V32xxxx

The excessive "x"s were enough, but a name composed entirely of l33t speak made me want to immediately retreat out of that MW2 match.

I just use Ragnar Homsar for practically everything except PSN and Steam. Even then with Steam I still have Ragnar in the name.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
I hate em. Mine isn't all that great (robot parrot) since most people think it's a robot chicken rip off, but I hate a lot of them.

Some of them are ok, but some are awful. Like the ones that have more than 4 numbers. Well, if you have numbers in your gamertag, then you suck, basically (IMO).

I also HATE people who put MLG in their gamertags. You freakin' neck-bearded douchebags, you're NOT in the MLG and if you WERE, would that be something to be proud off, you useless tosser?

Everyone's name has either dark, shadow, ninja, wolf, beast, young, lil', numbers, MLG, Anime reference, wannabe Japanese name, 420. And I hate all of those. Especially 420. Everyone with 420 in their gamertag is a dick.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Eh I really don't care. Yeah they get their lolz over people that blow up about it. You ignore it, then they can't laugh about it.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
AWEXOME said:
The ones that really annoy are the ones that have an adjective, and then the object, examples are, but are not limited to:

SilentBook
AngryDave
NuclearPizza
TotaledSWAT
WetSpaghetti

And gratuitous use of the leter X, or leet speak such as XxX D4OWN3RBOIii XxX.
That's just stupid, and I hope these people die.
ahahah! Yeah... stupid adjective-object gamertags...

Wait... robot parrot...
OH SHI-

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Please don't lump us all in with the ten year old idiots on there, I frequent XBL and It's not often I come across all these bad people everyone keeps talking about.

Mines the same as on this site here.
my sentiments exactly. We're not all dumb 10 year olds on live(what complain about is just a very vocal and extremely annoying minority of live users)
comadorcrack said:
I dislike People who have names like EPICZSKILLXZ and what Not. And I really Dislike people who are lazy and just put they're regular name.

Mines the Same as it is on this website. (PSN and Steam)
I'll have you know my Gtag is my (middle) name and two numbers and I don't use it as because Im lazy I use it because my middle name is uncommon and IMO very kick ass(due in part to what it means in Hebrew)