I passed out today.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
That's right I passed out while I was at school. I'm told I hit my head on a desk on the way down, ouch. They're thinking it was dehydration considering I got plenty of sleep and ate a good breakfast which sounds right to me. Just wanted everyone to know i'm doing okay and am currently at home.

For discussion, has anyone else on the escapist passed out or had a seizure or have any interesting medical stories to share?

Patzilla

Feb 19, 2011
The worst I had was momentarily collapsing from standing up too quickly....

I'm so boring.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
ciortas1 said:
So there.
Got me beat.

Patzilla said:

I'm so boring.
Is it bad if I can never get that to happen to me no matter how hard I try?

zombiestrangler

Sep 3, 2009
Yes, twice. The first time I supposedly dove headfirst into concrete and the second time I destroyed a bush.

Melian

Feb 11, 2011
Have blacked out a bunch of time (I have a low blood-pressure) but never really fainted. Though I did one time black out so bad I found myself sitting on the floor, blinking up at the sink and thinking: "Hmm, how did I get here?"

Though apparently, according to my doctor, it's just something I have to live with and not something that can be fixed.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
I fainted once, hit my jaw on something, bit my tongue and nearly drowned in blood.

T'was interesting.

Patzilla

Feb 19, 2011
bleachigo10 said:
ciortas1 said:
So there.
Got me beat.

Patzilla said:

I'm so boring.
I normally get it in the morning, lying, watching TV, then immediately getting up to get breakfast.

However that was the only time I ever collapsed.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I was really ill once and passed out, very briefly. If it wasn't for my dad catching me, I would've had a face full of dog food.
Not particularly exciting but there ya go.

Udain

Nov 3, 2010
I once got knocked unconcious after I decided to climb over a fence which was there to prevent people falling off the edge and on to the lovely cushioning rocks below.

Landing on your head is always the best option when falling...

bleachigo10 said:
ciortas1 said:
So there.
Got me beat.

Patzilla said:

I'm so boring.
I'd imagine that's a good thing, it probably means you have a strong heart that can keep your blood flowing to your head very well.

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
I got cracked over the head with a hard plastic block at an indoor amusement park. I passed out for three days and still have a small lump on my head.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I did after I had one of the vaccinations you get in school, I forget which one but I seem to recall it's the one with the odd needle (Looks like it has two points, they scratch the skin backwards first then go in forwards. Leaves a little lump on your arm that goes down after a while).

All of my class and I had it done and were sitting down on the other side of the hall when I gradually lost hearing and everything went blurred, like it was underwater and even though I could "see" what was happening I couldn't do anything and, at the time, couldn't think at all.

So, I fell sideways onto someone and he freaked out and pushed me the other way onto someone else who shouted for help. When I came to I'd broken out into a freezing sweat that was literally dripping off of me and I had one of those kidney-shaped cardboard bowls in front of my face, apparently incase I started coughing up blood.

Against their advice I decided to get up anyway, leaving that odd bowl behind, and I was fine after that.

The embarassing thing was that beforehand I'd made a joke to my friends about how funny it might've been to pretend to pass out. That one came back to bite me right on the arse.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Yeah I was sick and dehydrated once. I was on the toilet when it happened. I woke up naked in the hallway with my face against a wall with a bloody nose. Thank goodness it was the middle of the night and nobody happened upon my nakedness.

Chaza

Dec 15, 2010
I have quite a good story..
It was in chemistry, we were watching a video on heart surgery. I'm fairly queezy so I fainted.

I fell right of an incredibaly tall stool straight onto my face. I awoke in a pool of blood with everyone standing over me. It was quite embarresing and some people still go on about it to this day.

tkmedic

Jan 13, 2011
I actually can make myself pass out, found that out one day when i power lifting, so boring class? boom, pass outta class.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Oh yeah? Well I was frozen today!

OT: I've never actually passed out, but the closest I've come to that is when I woke up, was thirsty, but as soon as I stood up I realized that my left leg was still asleep, because a second later I was lying on the floor.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I have passed out from having a blood test, of all things, as i have a pretty bad phobia of needles. Part of the reason it got to the point where i passed out is having to wait outside the pathology labs(?) in the hospital for your turn. You keep thinking about it and your heart beats faster. You become light-headed, and then when you're finally in the chair, it feels like you're about to collapse, sound starts to fade away and become muffled out, everything starts going hazy and black and white and you're out of it. The nurse kept asking me "Are you alright? You look extremely pale..." and i kept nodding and saying "Sure, i'm fine!" before it got to the point where i couldn't hear anything anymore and fainted on the chair. At that point, the nurse had to stop the blood test and pull the chair back so i was lying down with a fan kept on me for a good while until i was conscious again. Since then when i go to have a blood test or vaccination i have to lie down before i'm jabbed in case i pass out again.

I'm not really sure why i have a phobia of needles or why my body freaks out to the point of shutting down like that. Intellectually i know there's nothing to fear, but phobias are not always rational.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Passed out in my youth a few times from anaemia. Anaemic at the moment and taking so much iron that I must be a cyborg by now.

And later, from alcohol - including one of those bendy-time situations where everything seems to happen really slowly while you think "oh crap, I'm falling down the stairs" and then wake up some unknown time later and being relieved that you can still wiggle your toes.

And being a bit bonkers, I sometimes disassociate - So I behave normally (for me) and because I'm disconnected, have no memory of anything that I have said or done.